Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I used to have a full beard, and a couple of years ago I decided to grow it out again. Then one day I was talking to this woman, and when she asked me how old I was, after I told her, she said she thought I was ten years older.

After which I immediately went to the barbershop the next day and shaved it off. :dry:

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
After which I immediately went to the barbershop the next day and shaved it off. :dry:
Lol...

I might have to shave mine one day because of that. My ex preferred me with one so I just kept it after we split-up because I'm used to it now.

I haven't a clue if I look better with or without it, since her judgement was f-ed in the first place, so it's not like I can rely on what she said.

Though, I don't think I care now... I got a beard because regular shaving sucks, basically.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I really dislike full-on long beards on a man. They make every single man I've seen with one look way older than they are. I love stubble though, and even very short beards, goatees are yummy and clean shaven is nice too, but beards? No.

One thing I hate more than beards on a man? Moustaches. Oh they just NEVER look good, they only make the guy look creepy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Okay, this is going to sound incredibly juvenile, but here goes.

To all the aged 20+ males out there, when does facial hair reach full potential/the ability to grow to a full beard for the average person? Because I'm fifteen, and I want to know.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
Not that often (at least where I live) do I find men who grow beards. WHY?!

Yeah. Pretty much, Lol!
I didn't realise masculinity depended so much on being able to grow facial hair. Guess all of those transmen and men who just can't grow that much facial hair must not be real men or something.

As for myself, I don't grow a beard because I hate having facial hair.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts

To all the aged 20+ males out there, when does facial hair reach full potential/the ability to grow to a full beard for the average person? Because I'm fifteen, and I want to know.
I would say it depends. In my family in general it's around the early to mid twenties.

·
Registered
9,017 Posts

If you're fifteen, being juvenile is not a bad thing, I'd say. As for your question, I am not sure whether there is such an average. I reckon testosterone levels and genetics come into play here. Also, if you have black or brown hair, facial hair will stand out way more than if you're a natural blond.

In my experience, you could just not shave and see what happens. I do have to say though that the stage after stubble feels very ticklish - I keep scratching my cheeks and neck, which makes me feel like a vagrant and so I've yet to make it through this phase, 'cause I end up trimming each time so far.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Because not all men are hipsters.
this just goes to show my age. :dry: I have no idea what constitutes as a "hipster". I suppose I am outdated w/ my urban slang. [Words I still use from my youth, that I refuse to let go: I'm stoked!, let's taboot!, cheeky, slackin, all good] ... yup. I have no idea what a "hipster" is. And I'm very sure that not all women want hipsters. So it's all good. :wink:
I think people will evolve to have even less hair in the future- beard, body or otherwise.
Oh that would be so awesome! Shaving concave surfaces(axillary) is just brutal :p
Guess all of those transmen and men who just can't grow that much facial hair must not be real men or something.
Oh boo. your just mad at me over the spat we had :tongue:You KNOW that is NOT what I was saying.

This thread was to make casual "general chat" type conversation.

Besides ... I'm sure men have their reasons why they shave ...

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I didn't realise masculinity depended so much on being able to grow facial hair. Guess all of those transmen and men who just can't grow that much facial hair must not be real men or something.
Don't forget anyone in the armed service. Nothing says "not manly" like shaving every morning whilst taking up arms for ones country.

Although my whiskers came in at a very young age, my beard wasn't full-on mature until I was in my mid 20s. So, you've got another decade ahead of you.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I used to have a full beard, and a couple of years ago I decided to grow it out again. Then one day I was talking to this woman, and when she asked me how old I was, after I told her, she said she thought I was ten years older.

I have a goatee. People ask me if I'm in school or college.

I graduated 6 years ago.

... from college. lol. :proud:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Where I live it's been around 103-107 degrees & humid so summer is out. I did grow a full beard years ago but by July it felt like a wool headwrap so I buzzed it off.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I personally think beards and mustaches are awesome! No guys I know will grow them though (especially not mustaches). Stubble is cool too, but I actually don't really like the clean shaven look (my eyes find it boring).

21 - 40 of 527 Posts