Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am an INTP 1w2 Female and I am Asian. There are many ESFJs around me, and I usually play with ESFJ men.ESFJ man and ESFJ woman liked me. It felt strange that ESFJs liked INTP, so I uploaded a poll post to the Facebook ESFJ group and the poll result also had the most votes on INTP. I want to know. Why does ESFJ like INTP? What part do you like? Oh and I also like ESFJ. A lot of. I love ESFJ.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hi, welcome to Personality Cafe! I'm not an ESFJ, but from what I've seen on this forum and around the internet, the ESFJ-INTP pairing seems to be common and satisfying/happy for both parties. So I'm not surprised that you've experienced the same.

As for why, different theories have different answers, but this approximates a dual relationship in Socionics (which is one personality typology theory among many). Dual pairs have the same valued functions, but opposite strengths, which in theory means that they compensate for each other's weaknesses while still having good communication and similar ways of living. This doesn't mean every single pair of duals will have a great relationship; it only means that the foundation of psychological compatibility exists between them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, welcome to Personality Cafe! I'm not an ESFJ, but from what I've seen on this forum and around the internet, the ESFJ-INTP pairing seems to be common and satisfying/happy for both parties. So I'm not surprised that you've experienced the same.

As for why, different theories have different answers, but this approximates a dual relationship in Socionics (which is one personality typology theory among many). Dual pairs have the same valued functions, but opposite strengths, which in theory means that they compensate for each other's weaknesses while still having good communication and similar ways of living. This doesn't mean every single pair of duals will have a great relationship; it only means that the foundation of psychological compatibility exists between them.
Thanks you. I am know this. I wrote about this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts