Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every website that I go to with role-play disappoints me every time. It's not just the horrible writers who are narrow-minded or put no effort into their play, it's also the people full of ego that feel like they must show everyone how smart they are by prepping their writing full of unnecessary vocab words which makes me feel like I'm reading from a textbook (writing is bland, no creative ideas, like a freaking robot). To top it all off, when I don't make my own role-play and join another, I end up running into a bunch of SJs.

I hate rules. But then there are the rules that are completely unnecessary, stupid, pointless, and are just there for the sake of being there. Any change from any member is frowned upon and that member must follow along with the rest of the group. Once, when everyone was role-playing a boring dinner full with small-talk and one-liners, I wrote a scene whereby I wandered off by my own and created my own gunpowder.

Almost immediately after, a mod PM"d me.

"In a magical world, you do not have guns. Please change your role-play to what is setled as the current theme. I further wish to tell you that you are god-modding by making your character seem more special than the other characters. Please follow along with what the other characters are doing."

I replied:

"Even in a book with the theme of magic, references are made to guns, and guns are even part of magic in certain books. God-modding is the control of other characters, not the independence of a character. I am not making my character special by not following the group because any individual of the group can do it as well. Also, you spelled "setled" wrong. Have a nice day."

I was banned.

It's ridiculous...want to know what kind of rules they have?

1) Keep it at PG-13
2) No mention of substance abuse
3) No role-playing of gays. It's disgusting, would you have sex with a person of the same gender?
^^
Wtf?

PG-13 in the movies allows partial nudity (there was this one movie that was quite heavy on this...couldn't for the life remember what it was), cursing, and graphic scenes of torture. Substance abuse is mild compared to those. And homosexuality....

Anyone as disappointed as I am?

And this is just one of the many crap forums out there....:cry:

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
I can see both sides of this. While I agree that the rules should have been posted AND read before joining, I can also understand the frustration that goes along with people polishing their collective egos. When I did RP's, my number one complaint were people that would have their characters so talented, so powerful (like they'd almost always be telepathic, be skilled in 4545143452 different types of martial arts, etc., etc., etc.). Seriously!? That always ticked me off. Choose one or two things that you're good at, and excel at them, and leave everything else be. And while you may have run into a bunch of SJ's, I can definitely say that during the time that I RP'd, almost the exact opposite was the case; I was surrounded by NT's. In fact, one of the best players that I ever RP'd with was in fact an INTP. HTH.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
So when you people start complaining about our mods, refer to this :bored:

Reactions: Sela

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Why don't you create a role-play here?

Reactions: feefafo and Sela

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
UMAD!

But seriously, I don't see how you can get all pissed over role-playing.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not how I'm pissed about role-playing. It's just that I'm pissed how there's so few good RP's out there. Or at least RP's that I feel comfortable in.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I suppose. I went off on a rant like this when I couldn't find a decent MMO. >=[
I wouldn't know of any decent role-playing games, though, so I'll silently move out of this thread.
=]

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I thought at first this was about sexual role playing. Lol, before I clicked on this topic I was thinking, "What now bitches who called INTPs asexual, what now??" But then, I clicked and read it, and was brought crashing down to reality. Lousy, rotten, stupid Ne of mine leads to yet another crushing defeat. :cool:
hahahahaha -- sexual fantasy role-playing. LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Aw. I get what you mean. I have an ISTJ and an INTP roleplay partner. Both are awesome in their respective ways. It's hard to kick stuff off the ground with the INTP, though: we just gorge each other's Ne and never get anything started. Hahah.

Are you opposed to one-on-one roleplaying? Maybe that would be be better. You can be more selective about your partners, and you don't have to deal with mod rules. Hope you find someone decent.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It came to my mind that there would be some perverts out there....:proud:

No really, I'm proud of you. Really.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aw. I get what you mean. I have an ISTJ and an INTP roleplay partner. Both are awesome in their respective ways. It's hard to kick stuff off the ground with the INTP, though: we just gorge each other's Ne and never get anything started. Hahah.

Are you opposed to one-on-one roleplaying? Maybe that would be be better. You can be more selective about your partners, and you don't have to deal with mod rules. Hope you find someone decent.
Sigh...role-play partners are hard to find. And having a one-to-one role-play seems awkward to me for some reason, maybe it's just really familiar to me to have role-plays with four or more people.

Anyway, where's the role-playing sub-forum? :frustrating:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sigh...role-play partners are hard to find. And having a one-to-one role-play seems awkward to me for some reason, maybe it's just really familiar to me to have role-plays with four or more people.

Anyway, where's the role-playing sub-forum?
I used to do group roleplays, back in the day... but finding a good RP partner is so much more satisfying. At least for me, anyway. It's easier to plan, and if they're skilled at playing multiple characters, you can have the variety of a group roleplay with only one person to worry about responding to. I guess I have the opposite problem: group RP's are just awkward for me now.

Out of curiosity, what sort of fantasy do you RP?

And I have no idea. =( I didn't even know there was a roleplaying subforum.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It came to my mind that there would be some perverts out there....:proud:

No really, I'm proud of you. Really.
Why perverts? :wink: I see RPG, I think RPG. I see "role-play", I think sex. I see "fantasy role-play" and I'm slightly take aback, but then I remind myself "Ah, this the INTP forum". Then I see that someone is disappointed with fantasy role-play and I just cannot curb my curiosity. The craving to read about the subtle expressions of nerdy sexuality, the highs and lows of it, is just too strong. Then I click...

:mellow:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Been there, done that. Ne is so unappreciated sometimes. :bored:

As far as I know, there isn't a RPG forum on PerC, but we can ask for one. I've been thinking of something along these lines for quite some time now. I'd love to role-play with the people here. ^^ Maybe we should ask one of the admins to make us a playground?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts