Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I was growing up, I used to watch the history channel all the time, I enjoyed the programs since most of them were about ACTUAL HISTORY, I remember shows about the roman empire, a series entitled "barbarians" (also related to the romans), a lot of stuff about WWII etc...

But today I no longer watch the "history" channel, allow me to explain why.

Every time I watch the "history" channel, all that is on is "Pawn Stars" "Swamp People" Mountain Men" "American Pickers" etc...

None of these shows don't have ANYTHING to do with actual history! Sure they might throw in a little historical factoid regarding the junk on "Pawn Stars" or "American Pickers" but for the most part it's just reality television for the idiotic masses, it makes me absolutely sick!

I don't watch the history channel to see a bunch of dumb fucking hicks running around in a swamp shooting alligators, I (used) watch the history channel so I can get some actual goddamn history!

And what sickens me even more is that, the morons watching this shit probably think they are "smart" because they are watching one of the "brain" channels.... fucking retards, god people piss me off...

It seems it's all about ratings these days and appealing to the lowest common denominator, which all relates to the "dumbing down" of America.

It's like living in a world full of mindless animals and if you have any common sense or logic you're considered "weird" because you don't conform to the idiotic ideas that have been pushed upon people for so many years now.

Unfortunately it seems as if we have mob rule in this country and the mob comprised completely of morons.

Does anyone else here feel this way?

Does it feel like we're living in a real life "Idiocracy"?

This is a completely spontaneous rant, but this has been bothering me for a long time.

·
Registered
915 Posts
USA needs more brainwashed = use TV for it.

It is unfortunate, but to get some high quality material you gotta dig deep... It is same in our country, the news turned shit and provides no information whatsoever, it is about bullshit... Like in summer they report for like 15 minutes that it is fucking hot outside.... In the winter they report 15 minutes that its fucking cold outside and they did an experiment with a glass of water that outside turned into ice ! Miracle ! And then when they finish they put a weather forecast = more time talking about weather.... Culture in decline !

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
USA needs more brainwashed = use TV for it.

It is unfortunate, but to get some high quality material you gotta dig deep... It is same in our country, the news turned shit and provides no information whatsoever, it is about bullshit... Like in summer they report for like 15 minutes that it is fucking hot outside.... In the winter they report 15 minutes that its fucking cold outside and they did an experiment with a glass of water that outside turned into ice ! Miracle ! And then when they finish they put a weather forecast = more time talking about weather.... Culture in decline !
I love this video, I also love the other one where he states "We're human beings goddamn it and were not going to take it anymore"!

God I wish people would wise the fuck up...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It takes effort !
It seems that's something that is lacking in this world.... I fear for the future of humanity...

I actually tried to sign up for the Mars One Project today but unfortunately I didn't have the 38 dollar sign up fee, in case you don't know mars one is a non profit group that wants to get humans to mars by 2023, the only catch is that you don't get to come back, which I'm fine with considering the direction this world is heading.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It seems that's something that is lacking in this world.... I fear for the future of humanity...

I actually tried to sign up for the Mars One Project today but unfortunately I didn't have the 38 dollar sign up fee, in case you don't know mars one is a non profit group that wants to get humans to mars by 2023, the only catch is that you don't get to come back, which I'm fine with considering the direction this world is heading.
No matter how far you escape, the problems will stay.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Personal problems I suppose, although I guess I was hoping the type of people that would want to go to mars would be humanities best and brightest, even so, nothings guaranteed I suppose.
This made me laugh in a really sad way

·
Registered
915 Posts
In what context? because people are generally morons? or because even the smartest of humans are morons compared to other advanced civilizations that may exist in the universe?
Usually the people that try to be first everywhere are the ones that do it for the purpose of being first, which is really silly, sure there might be exceptions and people that are pursuing some higher goal ... But look at first immigrants to America, high hopes, "high moral standards", new nation bringing new way, yet great disappointment after the development...

Reactions: Count Dusseldorf

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Usually the people that try to be first everywhere are the ones that do it for the purpose of being first, which is really silly, sure there might be exceptions and people that are pursuing some higher goal ... But look at first immigrants to America, high hopes, "high moral standards", new nation bringing new way, yet great disappointment after the development...
True, there was a lot of religious persecution, I'd hope the people would be smart enough to at least set up a democratic style government but I doubt it.

As for me, I'd want to go just to leave the corruption of earth and possibly help humanity make that great leap forward that we should have made a long time ago, but after reading your post, I'm a bit more weary at this point.

·
Registered
770 Posts
humanities best and brightest
The smartest on Earth they wouldn't even think about going, leaving behind their entire family and everything they have so they can most likely die within a few months (assuming they even get to Mars). Its just not worth it. The smartest on Earth are smart enough to send the people who want to be first to Mars to see what happens.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The smartest on Earth they wouldn't even think about going, leaving behind their entire family and everything they have so they can most likely die within a few months (assuming they even get to Mars). Its just not worth it. The smartest on Earth are smart enough to send the people who want to be first to Mars to see what happens.
I don't know, the way the world is heading it looks like we're going to die here anyway and if not, live in complete poverty, probably within the next decade or so, when that happens, I'd rather take my chances on mars then face an almost certain death here.

I feel like this kind of sums things up:

Honestly, in the end we're all just a bunch of goddamn savages relying almost completely on our animal brains.... It's saddening.

·
Registered
770 Posts
the way the world is heading it looks like we're going to die here anyway and if not, live in complete poverty, probably within the next decade or so
The world and the humans aren't going to all die. Sure life might be crappy for most but if you haven't noticed it already is. Most people work much harder than me or you just so they can live another hard, long, shitty day and its always been this way.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The world and the humans aren't going to all die. Sure life might be crappy for most but if you haven't noticed it already is. Most people work much harder than me or you just so they can live another hard, long, shitty day and its always been this way.
I know it's always been this way, we have always lived under rulers, even "democratically elected" rulers are still just that... rulers.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The people that contribute to the Nielsen rating system may be partially at fault for the majority of poor programming. If there were no viewers, this garbage would not have any staying power. It's such a shame that true educational television is going the way of the dinosaurs. The majority of News programming is a mix between information and entertainment(think Idiocracy). Companies also have a lot of power in what does and doesn't get put in the news. This is why it's better to watch non profit news and educational channels.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts