Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love being an INFJ the awareness of subtlety and nuance. The appreciation for the seemingly mundane. Perceiving all of the layers of an onion when others simply see the "onion". However, our constant quest for an inner peace that often seems to be just out of our reach due to our over-sensitivity appears to be our cross to bare.

Your thoughts protectors?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I agree with ya there. I also like that I understand more than people think I do. They think little of me until I open my mouth then they look all shocked that I had an opinion. Silence truly is golden for us...

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm in it for the ladies.

*really I'm tired and that's the first thing that came to mind*

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm on the fence. I take the good with bad and just live with it. In recent years I find it frustrating not being able to say what's on my mind when I really, really want to. And I never find what I'm looking for in life or in general. Right now I'd rather be a T with a little bit of S.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wish I could proclaim with conviction that I'm absolutely content with my present state of mind, or status quo with respect to being an INFJ, but the truth is, I realise that there's always something which I feel isn't really up to mark, or could use some improvement. Maybe that's why even though I might be genuinely happy, it's all precise to the moment and never constant.

About the 'onion' analogy, calg, I see the onion for the tiny green shoot that'll emerge if you leave it alone without cooking it or something. I've grown a cute, baby onion before - just left it in a pot of soil without even burying it under, and it found its way. I think it is a blessing on the INFJ's part, and friends of the INFJ, for him to be able to tell his friends that we are all capable of so much more than we give ourselves credit for - and actually mean it with the very fibre of his being.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I love being an INFJ the awareness of subtlety and nuance. The appreciation for the seemingly mundane. Perceiving all of the layers of an onion when others simply see the "onion". However, our constant quest for an inner peace that often seems to be just out of our reach due to our over-sensitivity appears to be our cross to bare.

Your thoughts protectors?
calg5000 - I am in the mood for this topic, so I will just go with today's mood...I am an expression of love, that is my first instinct, and because of this, there is a sense of freedom i have, because i don't have to regret most of my actions and words - and also because of this, people are somehow helped, and turn to me for guidance. i don't want this necessarily, because i can be shy sometimes, but to see others happy because of something i've said or done, truly makes me happy too inside.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I like being able to read people and recognize connections that others don't make as easy. I enjoy my vivid imagination. Being able to spend time alone is a plus.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If I were a different type I'd just have different problems, things could get even messier if I were an extravert and tended to become entangled in more public scandals. Focusing on the positive aspects of the type would make more sense, but I don't like to appreciate my strengths in comparison to others' bc it ends up making me feel worse. I just like being able to relate to awesome people while still maintaining my uniqueness :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts