Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you'll all bear with me as I try to explain myself. I'm sharing this because it may be of some help to some.
Long before I came across this forum, I read a book on Myers-Briggs, and I was hooked! I did some research, studied the basic four types, and decided I must be an INFx. Yet test after test, including cognitive function tests said I'm an ISFJ. I mulled it over and then dismissed it. After all, I am a book worm, a geek really, I am not a joiner of clubs, nor am I that fantastic of a worker. And so, I continued to take tests, read, and ask questions. And I became more and more confused.
Then, only recently, I caught myself giving a speech about how we're all unique, how people don't all fit into a perfect mold if you will. Furthermore, my Si is sky high, people really do marvel at my memory for the past.
My point is, don't be so quick to dismiss your results like I did, or over analyze, another mistake I made.
Celebrate your uniqueness-there's only one you, and that's pretty cool, don't you agree?

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
@Maryellen Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your story about how you discovered your wonderful Si and also how you realized that you didn't have to fit into a box. My tests haven't been as clear as yours. I've gotten enfj, enfp, infp, estj, isfp, istp, and esfp. It was all a big mystery to me, and I didn't want to be stuck in a box. At least for now, I am enjoying my wonderful Se and am happy enough to live in esfp land.

Reactions: Lady Mary

·
Banned
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Maryellen Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your story about how you discovered your wonderful Si and also how you realized that you didn't have to fit into a box. My tests haven't been as clear as yours. I've gotten enfj, enfp, infp, estj, isfp, istp, and esfp. It was all a big mystery to me, and I didn't want to be stuck in a box. At least for now, I am enjoying my wonderful Se and am happy enough to live in esfp land.
Good for you! Se is a fun place to be! :) And you're welcome, glad if I can help other people! Thanks for your kind words!

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
l think people don't take into account that an Si dominant can be very unique or even *gasp* ODD if they took on a lot of characteristics from their environment.
Basically paraphrasing what another user said but l'd had the same thought.

lt's not really so much direct influence from society at large and a drive to be ''normal'', more like maintaining a system of sorts but the system could be based on anything really.

l see that many often have their own sort of theme which l find charming ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yep, intuitives don't own the bookworm label. I know INXX types who DON'T READ books at all and an ESFP who devours them. That's why I HATE seeing stereotypes getting thrown around and used to determine someone's type. It's so unhelpful! That said, congrats on discovering your type! :)

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Quite true. I love to read!!!!

Yep, intuitives don't own the bookworm label. I know INXX types who DON'T READ books at all and an ESFP who devours them. That's why I HATE seeing stereotypes getting thrown around and used to determine someone's type. It's so unhelpful! That said, congrats on discovering your type! :)

Reactions: Cantarella
1 - 8 of 8 Posts