Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to PerC and I've spent a lot of time reading. A LOT. Especially along two particular threads: 'The ENTP Gentleman's Field Guide to Seducing INFJ Females' and it's composite thread 'The INFJ Guide to Seducing ENTP Males'. In the past week I've read anywhere between 200-300 posts exchanged between ENTP and INFJs (and other various types) and they all pretty much said the same thing. An ENTP should just act like an ENTP but minimise its weaknesses and an INFJ just act like an INFJ and the ENTP will find you. Or something along those lines.

Basically, the hard part doesn't seem to be igniting attraction or getting the flame going. However, I am yet to read about an INFJ-ENTP partnership that has progressed through many years together.
I haven't read anything on these threads about what this pair looks like years down the road together and I'm wondering if anybody has anything they can offer please?
I plan to continue to read everything that is left on both threads, but I don't expect to find any new revelations (but my Ti demands to be thorough).

So rather than ask what makes INFJ-ENTP relationships happen, I want to ask what makes them fall apart?

Anybody been in or witnessed one of these relationships experience long term life situations?

Are the people in question still together? If not, how long were they?

What was the deal breaker for them to not enable it to work?

If they're still together, what were the potential deal breakers? What was done to overcome them?

Does the nature of the relationship change in any way over time?

And if there's any extra information I'd love to hear thanks. I'm curious to see if this pairing has a tendency to last or not. And what might be any common problems that occur years into the relationship. Thanks for your contribution!

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I haven't been in a relationship w/ an infj, so I can't give advice specific to that pairing, but I think one thing that is super insightful into why relationships have conflict and can fall apart or be unhealthy is attachment theory. Basically the idea is that people fall into different categories Anxious (where they're clinging, have abandonment issues), dismissive avoidant (where they avoid and are uncomfortable w/ intimacy, always have a I don't need you attitude), and fearful avoidant (where they expect to be hurt in relationships and thereby can be skittish about forming relationships)

I think understanding what you and your partner's attachment style is can help explain conflicts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts