Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread was inspired by a thread written by the user "eyegazer" from the INFJ forums. I don't mean to steal but what he wrote on INFJ males was worded precisely how I feel about us INFP males, so I made some slight alterations. Full credit goes to him (can't post links to his thread yet because I need 15 posts).

Whenever a women likes me, I get the same question, like I'm playing a record player that got scratched in heated rage: how can no one like you!? Well I will tell you! I saw a similar post on here, about an INFP women who was wondering how her new INFP bf had never been on a date/had a girlfriend, when he was nice, attractive, and etc. (Be warned, this is kind of a personal Rant, and if you comment, be nice)

1. I hate dates. I don't believe in dates. As someone who's felt that intense instant connection when you really find someone who is compatible, I can tell you dates are bullshit. It's so fake and superficial. I've seen a lot of INFPs with same feeling about dates. INFPs don't go with standard romantic rituals if they are stupid. If I like someone, I know it, and I don't need a date to tell me. Plus, I don't believe in going on dates with different people in a short span of time. This may be a personal thing, but I find it disgusting that's it's okay to try out different people and not focus on one. Do you really not know which one you like more! Come on now... If you're going on lots of dates,I just assume you're extraverted, you're doing it for fun, and not really looking for connection.
WHY CAN'T WE JUST HANG OUT NATURALLY LIKE NATURE INTENDED!?

2. Going up to random people to get spit on hurts us. Meaness hurts us. Unlike types like INTPs,and INFJs, we have a strong Fi. Unfortunately the culture for U.S. women is to be snotty and rude to strangers. If we go up to a women, and experience unprovoked conflict, it ruins our day! Do people not get that? They act like I killed a puppy! Being mean hurts us, we aren't made of stone! The result of this, is me not talking to strangers anymore. Why? Because I have things to do, and I'd rather my whole day not be ruined. I'm sensitive, I can't help it.

3. We don't go along with dating rituals and people don't get that. I know I touched on this on #1, but I felt it needed to be emphasized. For someone reason, when you just want to hang out, it's seen as creepy! WTF? If I like someone, I know it, and I'll act on it. I don't need months to figure out if I like you. I won't waste time waiting for someone, because I've done it many times, and it always has a bad ending. I also won't waste money buying dinner or gifts, because often time it's just a waste of money to someone who ends up not giving a shit. Most people call me mean, I call it logic.

4. We're Idealists and Perfectionists. I know what I want! It seems like the quality of potential mates in the U.S. is deteriorating faster than the half-life of Uranium. I don't want someone who drinks, or smokes! I want someone who is genuinely nice! They have to be somewhat attractive, and smart. Oh, guess that pretty much throws out everyone. I can never find someone who is creative, and likes to think of ideas with me, who also fits into the other categories. We also need to have a bunch of hobbies we could do together. I don't want to end up like all these boring marriages of people who barely have much in common. I want a best friend to go on adventures with for the rest of my life! Yeah that's right, I said it! Is that too much to ask for life! Is it!!!! Is it!!!!!!!! Life says, "Yes it is." Well screw you life! We're not friends anymore. Life says, "I can't really be your friend, I'm life... I think you need to go see a psychologist..." Screw you life...

5. People don't like us. It's true. I often wish I could let those women who can't imagine why no one likes me, and tell me I'm just being too shy, see through my eyes! Why don't people like me? I don't know. Perhaps it's because I see things in them they don't want to see. I'm nice to everyone. I literally am. Somehow though, people just start being mean to me. I don't understand it, I really don't. The only conclusion I can draw is they don't like my insights. Once I start opening up, and sharing my insights and my views(which I only do because I feel I've connected with the person), people start getting aggressive towards me. This is an unhealthy infp statement, but most humans seem to be weak minded.

6. I don't date for fun! I know when a relationship is likely to work out. It's almost scary how good I am at seeing if someone's relationship will work out or not. I can tell just by how they are in a picture together. I could probably do the same thing with myself, If I wasn't so influcenced by personal feelings.

7. Online dating. Free online dating sites should really show you the enaquality between romantic opptunites of men and women. You make a profile, say on okcupid. An attractive girl makes a profile, she gets 50 messages the first day. An attractive guy makes a profile, he gets none, maybe 1 or 2. Don't believe me, go test it out for yourself. Dating is a numbers game, and males are playing bad odds. INFPs don't like to lie on their profiles. They tell you who they are. Everyone else leaves out information or manipulates their profile to make themselves look better. INFP idealists think that's digusting.

So let's see an example of how this plays out in real life:
INFP walks down the street, and sees a fairly attractive girl walking her dog. INFP is about to cross paths with her.

Option 1: INFP does nothing and keeps on enjoying his walk
The INFP has a nice relaxing walk, and get on with his day.

Option 2: INFP says hi
INFP says "Hey there :)," and is immediatly met by a disgruntled look and rolling eyes. The girl does not respond. INFJ keeps walking, and his walk/day has been ruined. He will now think about how the girl was mean to him for his whole day. The girl, doesn't remember the encounter past 5min.

Comments: Yes you could tell the INFP to not care so much. Guess what though, he's an INFP! He is programmed to care! So it doesn't work! He either becomes unhealthy, because he puts up defensive barriers, or he becomes unhealthy, because he doesn't talk to strangers anymore.

Let's Summarize this up for you shall we:

I'm going to do some unexact math to show you the odds of an INFP mate dating or finding a mate. I'm going to start the count at 1000 people.
1. Doesn't go on dates. Since most people require dates, INFP odds get cut in half. 500 people left.
2. Doesn't talk to random people. Let's take another half. 250 people left.
3. Idealists have very high standards for mates. Let's take off 80% from the orginal 1000. Factor in the other numbers. and we get.... 50 people let. (that's 1000 to 200, to 100, to 50)
4. INFP is a rare type, and lots of people don't get along with INFPs. Let's take off another half from the 50. 25 people left.
5. Let's say most of those girls are already taken. Half off sale. 12.5 people left.
6. I know when a relationship will work or not. Let's take off 60%. 5 people left.
7. The chance out of those 5 people, timing will be right, and you will be able to spend time with them and connect with them. 80% off. 1 person left.

INFPs generally would rather read, than go to a social gathering, so we don't meet many people. We have high standards. Girls are picky. The odds are stacked against INFP males. That is why, we don't end up on dates.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I believe you. It's hard enough making friends as an INFP female, for many of the reasons you've stated. I can only imagine that the social scene is even harder on INFP males. :(

Yeah, forget about the pressure to strike up a conversation with a total stranger on the street. We find our people in smaller groups of like-minded people. Find a volunteer organization or church in which to get to know people as friends first.

It used to seem unfair to me too, how the odds are stacked against us. Now I realize that my Ne gives people so much benefit of the doubt, it's too hard for me to weed through the possibilities on my own when those possibilities are Human Beings. I appreciate the fact that I can just be myself, and others will do the weeding-out process for me ;)

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know when it comes to romantic endeavours women have it MUCH easier than men, no doubt about that. For men it's hard, but for INFP men it's definitely the hardest.

Very little sympathy for women who can't see this simple fact and instead rant about male privileges and female oppression (which don't exist) in the first world countries (North-America, Western Europe, Australia) in this day and age.

Sad thing is women get offered a lot more sympathy (even though they have it easier in so many regards), just because they are seen as more "fragile", the female hive-mind, and of course the white knights that hope to get their chances. Yet you still see more females complaining than men, it's kind of sickening.

I'm no sexist because I believe men and women are equal. I hope no one takes offense to my posts I am just stating some cold hard truths.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
@Devastated_Man

<.< dating and the long term end result of such things are just a waste of time, effort and resources imo. Even if you get together with someone, the chances are very high you will want to get away from said person by the end of year 3 together. Its especially bad once one starts living together with said person. Been there, bought the T-shirt.

I honestly have no idea how ppl do it. >.> I also wouldn't trust myself when I'm in love with any decision I make as said decisions tend to come from a rather stupid place in hindsight. Eventual marriage is one of the stupidest decisions a guy could make, especially if he then shells out a lot of cash for the "dream wedding". (doesn't get more retarded then that).

I would never place high importance on dating, sex, marriage, wanting happiness or success (those who want success & happiness badly usually won';t have it. This applies to finding a decent person as well). Just enjoy life & if you meet a nice person & you 2 get together for a long time, kudos to you... :) that may be something worth hanging onto.

Some ppl just aren't worth the effort however & this happens to include a lot of western women who are in the dating scene. Nobody enjoys wasting time effort & resources, so don't.

Panic when you are 35+ :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
Whenever a women likes me, I get the same question, like I'm playing a record player that got scratched in heated rage: how can no one like you!? Well I will tell you! I saw a similar post on here, about an INFP women who was wondering how her new INFP bf had never been on a date/had a girlfriend, when he was nice, attractive, and etc. (Be warned, this is kind of a personal Rant, and if you comment, be nice)

1. I hate dates. I don't believe in dates. As someone who's felt that intense instant connection when you really find someone who is compatible, I can tell you dates are bullshit. It's so fake and superficial. I've seen a lot of INFPs with same feeling about dates. INFPs don't go with standard romantic rituals if they are stupid. If I like someone, I know it, and I don't need a date to tell me. Plus, I don't believe in going on dates with different people in a short span of time. This may be a personal thing, but I find it disgusting that's it's okay to try out different people and not focus on one. Do you really not know which one you like more! Come on now... If you're going on lots of dates,I just assume you're extraverted, you're doing it for fun, and not really looking for connection.

2. Going up to random people to get spit on hurts us. Meaness hurts us. Unlike types like INTPs,and INFJs, we have a strong Fi. Unfortunately the culture for U.S. women is to be snotty and rude to strangers. If we go up to a women, and experience unprovoked conflict, it ruins our day! Do people not get that? They act like I killed a puppy! Being mean hurts us, we aren't made of stone! The result of this, is me not talking to strangers anymore. Why? Because I have things to do, and I'd rather my whole day not be ruined. I'm sensitive, I can't help it.

3. We don't go along with dating rituals and people don't get that. I know I touched on this on #1, but I felt it needed to be emphasized. For someone reason, when you just want to hang out, it's seen as creepy! WTF? If I like someone, I know it, and I'll act on it. I don't need months to figure out if I like you. I won't waste time waiting for someone, because I've done it many times, and it always has a bad ending. I also won't waste money buying dinner or gifts, because often time it's just a waste of money to someone who ends up not giving a shit. Most people call me mean, I call it logic.

4. We're Idealists and Perfectionists. I know what I want! It seems like the quality of potential mates in the U.S. is deteriorating faster than the half-life of Uranium. I don't want someone who drinks, or smokes! I want someone who is genuinely nice! They have to be somewhat attractive, and smart. Oh, guess that pretty much throws out everyone. I can never find someone who is creative, and likes to think of ideas with me, who also fits into the other categories. We also need to have a bunch of hobbies we could do together. I don't want to end up like all these boring marriages of people who barely have much in common. I want a best friend to go on adventures with for the rest of my life! Yeah that's right, I said it! Is that too much to ask for life! Is it!!!! Is it!!!!!!!! Life says, "Yes it is." Well screw you life! We're not friends anymore. Life says, "I can't really be your friend, I'm life... I think you need to go see a psychologist..." Screw you life...

5. People don't like us. It's true. I often wish I could let those women who can't imagine why no one likes me, and tell me I'm just being too shy, see through my eyes! Why don't people like me? I don't know. Perhaps it's because I see things in them they don't want to see. I'm nice to everyone. I literally am. Somehow though, people just start being mean to me. I don't understand it, I really don't. The only conclusion I can draw is they don't like my insights. Once I start opening up, and sharing my insights and my views(which I only do because I feel I've connected with the person), people start getting aggressive towards me. This is an unhealthy infp statement, but most humans seem to be weak minded.

6. I don't date for fun! I know when a relationship is likely to work out. It's almost scary how good I am at seeing if someone's relationship will work out or not. I can tell just by how they are in a picture together. I could probably do the same thing with myself, If I wasn't so influcenced by personal feelings.

7. Online dating. Free online dating sites should really show you the enaquality between romantic opptunites of men and women. You make a profile, say on okcupid. An attractive girl makes a profile, she gets 50 messages the first day. An attractive guy makes a profile, he gets none, maybe 1 or 2. Don't believe me, go test it out for yourself. Dating is a numbers game, and males are playing bad odds. INFPs don't like to lie on their profiles. They tell you who they are. Everyone else leaves out information or manipulates their profile to make themselves look better. INFP idealists think that's digusting.

INFP walks down the street, and sees a fairly attractive girl walking her dog. INFP is about to cross paths with her.

INFP says "Hey there :)," and is immediatly met by a disgruntled look and rolling eyes. The girl does not respond. INFJ keeps walking, and his walk/day has been ruined. He will now think about how the girl was mean to him for his whole day. The girl, doesn't remember the encounter past 5min.

Comments: Yes you could tell the INFP to not care so much. Guess what though, he's an INFP! He is programmed to care! So it doesn't work! He either becomes unhealthy, because he puts up defensive barriers, or he becomes unhealthy, because he doesn't talk to strangers anymore.

I'm going to do some unexact math to show you the odds of an INFP mate dating or finding a mate. I'm going to start the count at 1000 people.
1. Doesn't go on dates. Since most people require dates, INFP odds get cut in half. 500 people left.
3. Idealists have very high standards for mates. Let's take off 80% from the orginal 1000. Factor in the other numbers. and we get.... 50 people let. (that's 1000 to 200, to 100, to 50)
4. INFP is a rare type, and lots of people don't get along with INFPs. Let's take off another half from the 50. 25 people left.
5. Let's say most of those girls are already taken. Half off sale. 12.5 people left.
6. I know when a relationship will work or not. Let's take off 60%. 5 people left.
7. The chance out of those 5 people, timing will be right, and you will be able to spend time with them and connect with them. 80% off. 1 person left.

INFPs generally would rather read, than go to a social gathering, so we don't meet many people. We have high standards. Girls are picky. The odds are stacked against INFP males. That is why, we don't end up on dates.
Wow, a lot of woe is me I'm a male INFP lately. First off, INFP females put up with a lot of shit from males in general. They are every bit as fragile as is males but get bombarded, hassled, manipulated, used and demeaned by overbearing men on a daily basis. At least INFP males are left alone. That being said, it is impossible for the INFP male to play society's dating game. So don't. And be ok with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
INFP + INFP = True. Since we are sensitive we treat people kinder. I do at least and I believe a lot of us does. We know how much unkindness can hurt, and we generally don't want anyone else to experience that feeling. We tend to be very tolerant as well. This is my personal belief. Only problem is, we are rare.

·
Registered
993 Posts
this is largely true......

just i have a few questions/ response ?

1. why hate dates? it's a way of getting closer to know each other......... an plus INFP's wouldn't go on a date if they knew the person they are dating isn't compatible in the first place...... if we date someone we see a chance of relationship with them.

2. i personally think dating is fun, although i never been on a real date the idea of it sounds so nice........ i think this has largely to do with your looks though.

the thing i like about girls is whenever I'm outside i love the attention girls give me......they would look at me and quickly look away and their reactions and stuff is just so cute and funny i really love it.......!

3. i REALLY agree with your #3 point. i just want to hang out with them! why do they always seem to think it's creepy?

so what if I'm genuine? everyone else thinks that too, deep down inside........ I'm just saying it out loud.

hypocrites lol.

4. We are only Idealist not perfectionalist

5. no social gathering for me..... but no reading either lol.
if it is 1on1 date i will be more than happy to join. if double dating i will love to join too.
just not too much people

ok so i would like to date for fun..... and i really want to.......

people do like me...... once i open up but most of the time it's super hard for me to open up. and it gets tiring after a while when i do open up.

bottomline i do agree for girls regardless of MBTI if they are attractive they can just sit on their asses and wait and they will automatically get dates.

that's fucking unfair imo.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, a lot of woe is me I'm a male INFP lately.
It's not for no reason though. I hate self-pitying as much as anyone else, but things like these are hard to not express.

First off, INFP females put up with a lot of shit from males in general. They are every bit as fragile as is males but get bombarded, hassled, manipulated, used and demeaned by overbearing men on a daily basis. At least INFP males are left alone. That being said, it is impossible for the INFP male to play society's dating game. So don't. And be ok with it.
Since I'm not an INFP female (and neither are you) I doubt to which extent they supposedly get "bombarded, hassled, manipulated, used and demeaned", it's estimated and overwhelmingly large percentage of crimes/harassment are towards males instead of females.

"At least INFP males are left alone." And that's supposed to make up for it? Crippling loneliness? Excuse me but I'd rather have girls hitting on me even if 9 out of 10 of them were ugly to average.

"That being said, it is impossible for the INFP male to play society's dating game. So don't. And be ok with it."
Well I'd love to be ok with it, but how, possibly? The dating ritual is pretty much expected from everyone nowadays if you want romance. It's almost like telling INFP men to only go outside by night, you have absolutely no chance of pleasurable experiences by going outside in daylight, just be ok with it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
These types of topics are kind of hard for me to approach. It often seems as though it's projected hatred onto the opposite sex for being themselves, and it just doesn't seem fair. Stuff like this feels like we're shaming women for being women when in reality, it's not their fault:
bottomline i do agree for girls regardless of MBTI if they are attractive they can just sit on their asses and wait and they will automatically get dates.
To me, I'm thinking, yeah so what, men too are contributing to this. This rant overall feels like a "I'm insecure about how much I don't measure up to other 'lucky' men" disguised in a "it's the attractive girl's fault for not going out with me" and that really feels disingenuous to me.
Let's shift focus. We love secretly love attention, don't we? That lovely and longed for feeling of feeling wanted and desired, yes? Guess what, both men and women do. So when you compare yourself to a woman that gets 50 dates and frame it as a bad thing, please consider how you're shunning those women for doing things that you actually want and desire.
Similarly, as mentioned in the OP post:
Girls are picky
Hold on a sec, you too, OP are picky as well for being the proclaimed idealistic and perfectionist person you are. Again, it feels like projected hatred, and it's kind of scary.

As for me? Yeah, sure, I've never dated despite really wanting to. However, it's for entirely different reasons. I know some of the reason why I have not found my SO, as a large part has to do with me. I'm holding myself back. I do not have all the answers as to why I am, and due to this, I understand during my "discovery" phase that perhaps I am undatable. Really, ask yourself, would you date yourself in your current state of mind. When you're so lost in that dense forest, it's very, very difficult to maintain relationship when someone else is already out of the forest or worse, they're lost in their own different dense forest. Shift the focus improving yourself because from what I gather here, there's some underlying projection of hate on the opposite sex. I do not at all mean to sound harsh, but I understand if you perceive it as such.

·
Registered
993 Posts
These types of topics are kind of hard for me to approach. It often seems as though it's projected hatred onto the opposite sex for being themselves, and it just doesn't seem fair. Stuff like this feels like we're shaming women for being women when in reality, it's not their fault:

To me, I'm thinking, yeah so what, men too are contributing to this. This rant overall feels like a "I'm insecure about how much I don't measure up to other 'lucky' men" disguised in a "it's the attractive girl's fault for not going out with me" and that really feels disingenuous to me.
Let's shift focus. We love secretly love attention, don't we? That lovely and longed for feeling of feeling wanted and desired, yes? Guess what, both men and women do. So when you compare yourself to a woman that gets 50 dates and frame it as a bad thing, please consider how you're shunning those women for doing things that you actually want and desire.
Similarly, as mentioned in the OP post:
there is no hatred lol, if any hatred it is towards my own sex.

it completely isn't the "girl's fault" because anyone will be addicted to all the attention attractive girls gets........

the fault is on men's side for being too "easy"

if only men aren't so "easy" and aren't such a "kiss ass" then girls will be forced to ask us out.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought this thread looked familiar.
Let's just say I got inspired by that thread.. Doesn't mean I don't hold the exact same view on us INFP males, I meant everything in the OP. Sorry if it classifies as theft but it was written perfectly, couldn't have written my thoughts down better.

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Let's just say I got inspired by that thread.. Doesn't mean I don't hold the exact same view on us INFP males, I meant everything in the OP. Sorry if it classifies as theft but it was written perfectly, couldn't have written my thoughts down better.
Give credit as deserved. He clearly spent a lot of time and energy writing that post. There is a difference between sharing his views and making it look as if you wrote the post.

·
Registered
993 Posts
dang you are right...... he did took it almost word for word.....

anyways i hugely disagree that INFP's and INFJ's have much in common.

in my opinion Ni and Fi is worlds apart there is no way possibly we have anything in common besides our one letter difference.(P and J) and that we are introverts.

one is an intuition dom and the other is an feeling dom.

it does not work out. no it does not

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Give credit as deserved. He clearly spent a lot of time and energy writing that post. There is a difference between sharing his views and making it look as if you wrote the post.
Done, edited the OP. Hope I don't risk getting banned for this? :unsure:

dang you are right...... he did took it almost word for word.....

anyways i hugely disagree that INFP's and INFJ's have much in common.

in my opinion Ni and Fi is worlds apart there is no way possibly we have anything in common besides our one letter difference.(P and J) and that we are introverts.

one is an intuition dom and the other is an feeling dom.

it does not work out. no it does not
I don't disagree at all, but when it comes to the topic of this thread I think we do face 100% the same challenges. Other than that Fi/Ne and Ni/Fe are obviously very different ways of processing the world.
(P.S. why do you never capitalize the first words of your sentences? Don't mean to sound rude but it's kind of bothersome. Especially because I really like the content of many of your posts, it's just the grammar/punctuation which looks like it's written by a 12 y/o that pulls it down subconsciously for me I just thought I'd shed a tiny bit of light on it in case you hadn't noticed it yourself.)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Done, edited the OP. Hope I don't risk getting banned for this? :unsure:

I don't disagree at all, but when it comes to the topic of this thread I think we do face 100% the same challenges. Other than that Fi/Ne and Ni/Fe are obviously very different ways of processing the world.
(P.S. why do you never capitalize the first words of your sentences? Don't mean to sound rude but it's kind of bothersome. Especially because I really like the content of many of your posts, it's just the grammar/punctuation which looks like it's written by a 12 y/o that pulls it down subconsciously for me I just thought I'd shed a tiny bit of light on it in case you hadn't noticed it yourself.)
maybe for you it is bothersome. there are different types of INFP's the disciplined and the the carefree.

most INFP's are care free though, we don't like to be bound by rules ( according to our own personal value systems of course)

and for me it is that i don't want to be bounded by the rules of grammars, when i write i want to write freely i don't want to is restricted and bounded by grammar rules.

that's the reason why they have editors. that's what they are for.

anyways your opinion was rather rude and i don't appreciate it one bit at all. it doesn't look like it's written by a 12 year old, people of all ages have different styles.

you literally plagiarized another post from the INFJ forums, i'd say that's a much bigger thing to be bothered by than my style of writing.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
maybe for you it is bothersome. there are different types of INFP's the disciplined and the the carefree.

most INFP's are care free though, we don't like to be bound by rules ( according to our own personal value systems of course)

and for me it is that i don't want to be bounded by the rules of grammars, when i write i want to write freely i don't want to is restricted and bounded by grammar rules.

that's the reason why they have editors. that's what they are for.

anyways your opinion was rather rude and i don't appreciate it one bit at all. it doesn't look like it's written by a 12 year old, people of all ages have different styles.

you literally plagiarized another post from the INFJ forums, i'd say that's a much bigger thing to be bothered by than my style of writing.
Gee I'm sorry it came across as rude to you, I really didn't mean to :( .

Honestly I view myself as the more carefree as well, but when it comes to communication, I take it seriously. Because I care about other people and that the conversation can be as clear as I can possibly make it. Now you may be different in that respect, to each their own, and I suppose your level of education may play a role. The 12 year old comment of mine was too much/really unnecessary, sorry for that. I meant to say it makes one look like he/she doesn't care about the recipients of the messages he/she writes.

·
Registered
622 Posts
This thread was inspired by a thread written by the user "eyegazer" from the INFJ forums. I don't mean to steal but what he wrote on INFJ males was worded precisely how I feel about us INFP males, so I made some slight alterations. Full credit goes to him (can't post links to his thread yet because I need 15 posts).

Well done

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.