Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTJs are really independent compare to other types. Why INTJ wants to be in relationship? What makes to interested in relationship? What do you except from relationship?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You might as well ask why INTJs want to have friends if they're independent. Sure, some INTJs don't have/want any friends or lovers at all, but I don't think that's the norm. Remember that we're human beings before being a MB type.

But, to answer your questions, I expect to have interdependency in a relationship, meaning that I exchange a little bit of my independency in order to build trust and companionship with another person, and I expect the other person to do the same, of course. Sometimes, life is easier if you have someone by your side that you can absolutely trust and rely on to go through hardships together, while also experiencing levels of intimacy that you don't normally experience with your friends and family.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The right partner helps generate a new perspective in which to analyze data, creating new results and experiences in self-growth. That and I always liked kids, so I hoped to find my partner to share life and raise a child together with. I saw her in Korea, and we have a son of whom for some reason it is more comfortable to portray emotions to than my wife. However, to be fair, my wife experiences more emotional response from me than my parents ever had or friends for that matter.

·
Registered
414 Posts
INTJs are really independent compare to other types. Why INTJ wants to be in relationship? What makes to interested in relationship? What do you except from relationship?
I don't see the point in travelling. I would do it, if I had someone to share the experiences with. What's the point of building all of this if I have no one I can share it with, or someone to leave behind to.

I want to try things I never thought of trying, someone pushing me to do so, I need encouragement. To get going.

And I have needs, I'm human.

I'm independent when being creative, but after that time, I don't want to be independent. I want to meet my equal. I like to talk about anything, and there is only so much fun when talking to myself, at some point you want someone to disagree with you and have a discussion as to why and maybe that person can convince me otherwise, or I can convince the other person. I want to learn more that I haven't already covered.

I want an open minded, free thinking, person that isn't afraid to explore ideas.

·
Registered
INTJ
439 Posts
We like independence, but what is much more deciding in an INTJ's live is the quest for depth and meaning. We (or at least I) like the independence because often human interaction is shallow and meaningless. I can spend great deals of time with people I genuinely enjoy and I am looking forward to spend time with them.

That being said, what is closer and has more depth than the relationship with the right partner?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see the point in travelling. I would do it, if I had someone to share the experiences with. What's the point of building all of this if I have no one I can share it with, or someone to leave behind to.

I want to try things I never thought of trying, someone pushing me to do so, I need encouragement. To get going.

And I have needs, I'm human.

I'm independent when being creative, but after that time, I don't want to be independent. I want to meet my equal. I like to talk about anything, and there is only so much fun when talking to myself, at some point you want someone to disagree with you and have a discussion as to why and maybe that person can convince me otherwise, or I can convince the other person. I want to learn more that I haven't already covered.

I want an open minded, free thinking, person that isn't afraid to explore ideas.

Why don’t you see the point in travelling?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Why don’t you see the point in travelling?
Because I need a goal and with a partner there be a goal, which is to share the experience and time with. Just travelling for the sake of seeing a place doesn't phase me much unless there was a real interest. I would just be as alone as I am in my apartment. I wouldn't talk with anyone because the likely hood of having common interests are highly unlikely. Maybe weather is a good chat, but to travel and talk about the weather doesn't seem to justify the cost. And then there are details and languages that is not my thing. Unfamiliar places, being gullible people can play tricks on you. You know INFJs are the most gullible type that exists. INTJs aren't far behind.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Personally,I never really "needed" a partner but I was always quite romantic inside my brain.I always liked the idea of having a person that you can share everything with,love unconditionally (and being loved back). But after my last heartbreak 3 years ago,I really haven't thought about love again.. At least not in the same way that I used to.
I feel like I am really not made to share my deep thoughts&feelings though lol.

·
Banned
919 Posts
Because I need a goal and with a partner there be a goal, which is to share the experience and time with. Just travelling for the sake of seeing a place doesn't phase me much unless there was a real interest. I would just be as alone as I am in my apartment. I wouldn't talk with anyone because the likely hood of having common interests are highly unlikely. Maybe weather is a good chat, but to travel and talk about the weather doesn't seem to justify the cost. And then there are details and languages that is not my thing. Unfamiliar places, being gullible people can play tricks on you. You know INFJs are the most gullible type that exists. INTJs aren't far behind.
I used to think like that-"it must be shared to be satisfying" I was wrong. I'm not a traveller as my NF friends, or people you can meet "on the road" but it is enjoyable. It's not about the places, I'm not really interested in places, but the freedom, getting out of your head and your everyday life. It's very refreshing and Se stimulating experience.
And the people, they're the best. You can meet the love of your life while travelling :blushed:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I used to think like that-"it must be shared to be satisfying" I was wrong. I'm not a traveller as my NF friends, or people you can meet "on the road" but it is enjoyable. It's not about the places, I'm not really interested in places, but the freedom, getting out of your head and your everyday life. It's very refreshing and Se stimulating experience.
And the people, they're the best. You can meet the love of your life while travelling :blushed:
Maybe, but then I would travel for the sake of meeting someone.

But I'll keep your idea in mind.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Love - amazing harmony; adventure - the emotional exploration of a lifetime; a thought partner - someone to further our ideas; stability, balance and security - someone to stand strong with us. And then the chance to produce offspring - to pass our genes and legacy to the next generation, and to nurture great children.

Reactions: elight

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've been thinking about making a similar thread recently. I've never been really sure whether I want a relationship or not. I find women attractive but the thought of having someone with me, In my house, in my bed, in my life for the rest of my life is.... Somewhat unattractive to me. I like my me time and I've always seen a relationship or having friends like work.

I'd like to have a girlfriend at least once in my life so I can say if I like it or not. I tried dating a bit last year but it wasn't a pleasurable experience. I really can't see why people would think it's fun in any way shape or form.

Otherwise I'd really like to have kids. I find it sad to think that there were hundreds of generations of people that came before me and that it all end with me. I kinda envy women for being able to get inseminated without the need for an actual partner really.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Because they're humans.

·
Banned
800 Posts
Strong sexual and cuddly instincts with a kind of tunnel-vision impressionability. They don't scream in my blood quite like they used to. I've spent my cramped little unlife alone, misunderstood, ignored, punished, etc. I can't remotely be, do, or go anywhere or anything significantly important to me anymore. I kinda think unique personal acceptance, vulnerability, and understanding from a compatible freak who's also consciously dying slowly in this infested shithole of a world would be satisfying in some way. Mind you, I apparently don't do platonic and find such attempts emotionally vacuous even with significant understanding, but my aforementioned instincts have burned in me since I was at least 3 years old. I'm aging, tired, and going numb, so it might not work anymore and will probably be a mocking shitshow version, even if it did now.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Personally, I have a softer side that I simultaneously quite liked - when it was prevalent in a previous relationship - and now I also am a little intimidated by. Past hurts and all that. However, I did like having the softer side of me engaged and ignited, which is what a romantic partner could enable. I may not be a romantic in the traditional sense with flowers and grand gestures, but the thought of having a person who I'm intimately close with without inhibition, also emotionally, is quite nice. To not just be accepted, but also embraced and loved for the person I am. And then there's the fact that it would probably alleviate some of the loneliness that sometimes creep up on me.

Practically, I don't know if a relationship would work for me anymore. There would have to be a lot of flexibility between the two of us, in the sense that we'd need our own space. I don't want to start a family or get married so procreation is not a factor; and I'm also not sure I would even want to cohabitate with someone at this point. Being in a relationship would therefore fulfil an emotional desire but in reality I'm not sure whether that desire alone is enough to make me interested in having a relationship again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know I cannot have it. Too much of and I and T, plus the looks to expect anyone to care about me like that. I certainly don't care about them. It's like a cycle. I don't initiate and I always keep a distance, because I know and expect it in advance, that it will never work out. So I don't even go there. These interactions are just unnatural to me, I'd just end up embarrassed if I try being emotional with a girl. Not worth it.

Maybe the next time around, with better functioning brain...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts