Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know they say INTJs are not good at dealing people and emotions and ...
I think the reason is INTJs like to formulize and predict every thing including people...is that wrong or we need different methodologies to understand people...Look at psychology...endless theories...it's not really similar to other sciences such as physics...
It might be because INTJs focus too much and try to deal with people too consciously while much of the process including feeling and emotions are related to subconscious

Why INTJs are not good with people?
There must be an explanation

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Or because we simply don't much like humans and being too nice means they keep bugging you and trying to hang out...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Invisible Jim indicated in another post that the N function we have makes us not like to have too much interactive stimulus... That made sense to me.

I just find myself wanting to crawl into a hole and die after too much interaction with anyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Invisible Jim indicated in another post that the N function we have makes us not like to have too much interactive stimulus... That made sense to me.

I just find myself wanting to crawl into a hole and die after too much interaction with anyone.
If you want to say that it's something internal and this is how it is, think of it as development
Or because we simply don't much like humans and being too nice means they keep bugging you and trying to hang out...
ENFP's also have N, so what?

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Let me say that I'm not that expert on MBTI, but I disagree with the idea of Introverted intuition taking control of every thing.
That's as may be, but I am still confused as to why you even quoted me....:confused:

Reactions: Hemoglobin

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
If you want to say that it's something internal and this is how it is, think of it as development

ENFP's also have N, so what?
You need to ask him, because I'm not good with this, but apparently Ne and Ni are radically different.

And it's not a development issue...I just really really need downtime or my brain stops working because I am so overstimulated.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Got it... the development comment had to do with your post and the other comment with mine. Layout issue.
:confused: I can see the N comment being about yours, but I don't see how development has anything to do with what I said...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
:confused: I can see the N comment being about yours, but I don't see how development has anything to do with what I said...
Perhaps that liking people was a development issue? (I know. I disagree with that as well, but it's a possible comment.)

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Perhaps that liking people was a development issue? (I know. I disagree with that as well, but it's a possible comment.)
Surely not. That's deranged. :dry:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Surely not. That's deranged. :dry:
Deranged might be a bit strong, surely? Many people think awkwardness = immaturity and don't really get the whole leave-a-book-about-serial-killers-on-the-table-to-avoid-conversation as a life choice.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
What IxTx type isn't "bad" with people? At least, in the way you're thinking. The dominant function is disengaging, be it Ni, Ti, or Si, and, in the case of the IxTJ type, the secondary function is rigid and logical. In the case of the IxTP type, the secondary function is apathetic, in regards to the personal realm. Technically speaking, if you were to follow the four function model, rigidly, the IxTJ type should attain/develop "social success" ahead of the IxTP type, who has his ethical function, in the fourth/inferior position.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Deranged might be a bit strong, surely? Many people think awkwardness = immaturity and don't really get the whole leave-a-book-about-serial-killers-on-the-table-to-avoid-conversation as a life choice.
Many people are deranged...
To characterise introversion as immaturity or a mental health issue deserves no kinder word.

Anyway, humans are generally kinda shitty. Also tiring and demanding and easily offended and a lot of work. Doesn't mean you treat the individuals you meet badly, and some may be much less shitty than usual, which is lovely, and one wants to keep open to that possibility, but idealising people in the abstract and blaming someone for having a low opinion of humans is a little fucking lame.

We're going to get people skills to the extent that we need/want them. Not being reliant on human interaction to a similar degree others are (or not wanting it much) means there is less motivation to be "good" at it, particularly in generic social ways. But accidentally offending people is inefficient as is a lack of understanding, so there is still motivation there, although the skills will have a different focus than just, say, making the people around one feel validated or whatever. It's far more about motive than development.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is not more than a generalizations that some believed it, actually INTJs can be very good with people.

INTJs never start being aggressive or being bad toward people, they just defending themselves. If they are surrounded by sick people, they will just defending themselves form them, and seem bad while they aren't in the first place.

I know two INTJs who are very good with people and more extroverted than me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts