Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Someone is growing a plant: an idea. They like their plant, it is very pretty and seems to be fine the way it is. Someone comes along and in a very condescending matter, criticizes the plant offering a (hopefully) well thought out critique of the shape of the petals, the size of the stem, etc. Guess which we tend to be?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I have no enemies. But my friends don't like me.

Larkin have the same problem...

·
Registered
INTP
7,045 Posts
I also absolutely cannot make enemies, I hate hating people.

I remember on my first day at university I had one of those ultra-rare moments where an INTP is pushed to snapping point and explodes without any warning. Some cunt talking in a lecture who I eventually told to shut the fuck up, rather suddenly. We had an embarrassing little argument with about 200 eyes on us. It was fucking horrible. I was furious afterwards too.

Anyway I then discovered I was going to be in a class with this guy. I was pleased because I could then make friends with him.

I honestly thought it was part of the 'INTP nature' to be as cool, cordial and neutral as possible with everyone.

I really don't make enemies easily.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
I would say that it's rare for me to make enemies. Mostly because of my level of apathy towards other people. If I do make enemies, it's usually with people who are universally accepted to be obnoxious and pushy (Except to themselves or a small group of like minded sheep, of course) or the person who finds time to annoy me specifically.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Umm...no?
I avoid arguments as much as I can**, which is why I'm usually perceived as agreeable and polite.
Usually, the only thing that ticks me off is when people have no respect for my personal space.

**why?
Because i hate arguing with people only for the sake of proving them wrong. Even in arguments, i prefer a cross polination of ideas and both sides reaching a mutual conclusion...if theres no sign of that happening, which is the case most of the time, i avoid them.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
I don't think INTPs make enemies, but on some occasions they do gain some unconsciously just by being their normal self.

Reactions: Sava Saevus

·
Registered
625 Posts
Because I don't display any "fake happy" emotion when I speak to people so some people automatically think I hate them or am mad at them. And unfortunately, this is what most of the world requires me to do, especially since I'm a girl, guys get away with it easier. So there seems to be this misunderstanding/miscommunication and people start disliking me as they think that I dislike them. But I don't dislike them at all, I just don't put up a stupid facade and let people see the true me, which is neutral and without emotion.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
whaaat???
I though that was our thing..

:unsure:

Reactions: Revolver Ocelot

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I get along with people really well. Occasionally I've been told that I come across really authoritative and intimidating, but even then that doesn't lead to enemies. You make enemies by having really strong views that are directly opposed to somebody elses and then letting your emotions get involved for the worse and letting the event carry over. People usually tell me they can't tell what I'm thinking, so it's not really possible for me to make enemies even if I felt really combative and contrary - which I don't. Sure, intps have the ability of not giving a fuck if they are counter-culture, but I don't think we are the type to really express that in an enemy-making way. I think that would be the sensing types. They always have clicks and rivals and all that crap. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a sensing type say "I don't care if they hate me" in a way that just makes it seem like they want to start a fight. Intps don't care if people hate them... but that's just it - they really don't care. I think it's hard to make enemies when you really don't have a lot of emotions one way or the other.

Might just be in your head op.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
I'm the opposite. I make friends VERY EASILY. I strike up conversations with cab drivers. By the time the cab drops me off, the drivers are sorry to see me go. I'm not exaggerating.
Did the cab driver gave you a discount as well? No, I'm just kidding. Cab drivers are always up for conversations.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm the opposite. I make friends VERY EASILY. I strike up conversations with cab drivers. By the time the cab drops me off, the drivers are sorry to see me go. I'm not exaggerating.
Same here. People see me as a friendly, easy-going extrovert, who would never hurt a fly.
This is their biggest mistake.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Same here. People see me as a friendly, easy-going extrovert, who would never hurt a fly.
This is their biggest mistake.
Indeed, sometimes people are shocked when my calculating, exacting nature comes out. Not to say this what you had in mind, but it's definitely a contrast to the easy going Ne that most people see.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts