Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Some theory. I'm 4w5 because i recognize me a lot. But it seems like everyone here on this forum is 4w5? And i don't think that everyone on the planet is 4w5 (because i feel myself unique and different from other people, i don't even have such thing like a best friend who understands me? Nearly everyone thinks i'm a weirdo. And i love art and artistic things (photo's, drawings, movies, the beauty of weather & clouds). And at the other side i love science, politics, the earth, volcanoes, knowlegde, and i can be occupied for hours with weather and earth and some themes. And i don't even know/met someone that is the same like me. And though there are so many 4w5's on this fora. ... It freaks me the hell out, and i'm a little bit angry about it.. Or i do not understand it.

Someone an explanation?
4s are introspective, self-aware or self-conscious, so you will find many of them on this kind of forum. Those with a strong 5 wing are even more introspective than 4w3, so you will find many 4w5s, here.

Authors such as Naranjo have pointed out 4s (and most specifically social 4s) suffer the most. It is clearly very hard to be a 4 in our modern societies. They do not adapt easily to our goal-oriented, materialistic society. They never feel really satisfied, unless they learn to be content of the present moment.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Thanks. It is difficult to definitely type myself. Hope someone can help me. I think i have a strange personality. Just to complicated. In real life i don't have many feelings, but i feel they are so hurted that that could be a reason why i don't show my feelings, and i think i have many feelings. Because sometimes - i'm very smart - i choose to act with my heart. I always follow my feelings, despite the fact i'm so rational. I'm a negative 4w5 - unhealthy. Secretly i love romantic movies, i love art (i love nature, i love artistic movies). But by myself i'm not an artist (but maybe, i didn't try, and especially. I never would think i'm a romantic figure, an an artist. I never explored that earlier in my life... I recognize a lot of myself in Kurt Cobain or in other 4w5 figures (Lars Von Trier but also: George Carlin for example. Friedlich Nietschze probably too (but he was too rational for me).

4w5; 6w5; 8w? sx/sp INFP very unhealthy (but have to research it good). It is a deadly cocktail this combination. It tears my heart inside. I don't think anyone would be like me, would be a 468, because hell yeah. It is difficult i think.
George Carlin is 7w8.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes but i changed my tritype 4w5, 6w7; 1w9 sx/so INFP. Still the same conclusion -> difficult.

·
Beer Guardian
14,666 Posts
@Lakigigar

Well, the alternative is you could be just like everyone else, or you can be you. Which do you feel more comfortable with? I for one find the authenticity and uniqueness of 4w5s to be a blessing. We need creative free spirited people in the world. I would love to be more in touch with my own 4w5 trifix. Express yourself. Enjoy yourself.

I found my "crowd" in high school technical theater. I wore all black, and I did all the stuff behind the scenes: lighting, set construction, sound board, all the technical stuff that helped the actors and actresses to do their "magic" for the audience. I loved being a part of something that I helped build into a few nights of entertainment for a crowd, then I got to help tear it all down, and then CAST PARTY!!!

Be patient. Follow your bliss wherever it takes you. I guarantee you will eventually find others following theirs, and they will be impressed by your passion, and you theirs.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
@Lakigigar

Well, the alternative is you could be just like everyone else, or you can be you. Which do you feel more comfortable with? I for one find the authenticity and uniqueness of 4w5s to be a blessing. We need creative free spirited people in the world. I would love to be more in touch with my own 4w5 trifix. Express yourself. Enjoy yourself.

I found my "crowd" in high school technical theater. I wore all black, and I did all the stuff behind the scenes: lighting, set construction, sound board, all the technical stuff that helped the actors and actresses to do their "magic" for the audience. I loved being a part of something that I helped build into a few nights of entertainment for a crowd, then I got to help tear it all down, and then CAST PARTY!!!

Be patient. Follow your bliss wherever it takes you. I guarantee you will eventually find others following theirs, and they will be impressed by your passion, and you theirs.
I don't really know. I have times that i really love myself, and i'm proud of myself, and that i embrace my unicity and my awkwardness. But i also have times where i wished i could fit better in, that it was more easy to adapt in the world and that you could talk easy about some things and make easier friends/contacts.

It has advantages and disadvantages. I guess i could be a good writer, but i need to read a lot of books, before i could write (because i need to know how a fiction book is builded), so these books can influence me and i can write (i have the fantasy/imagination, i can't type/write it in dutch, i just don't have an appropiate writing style (but i could be a good script writer/editor). I have also a lot of inspiration to direct some movies. If i have some creative talent, it needs to be writing. I also wanted to try to learn to draw good (but it would take years i guess, but maybe i will do it and try if it is something for me (it would be fun i guess). Singing/making music isn't something for me. You can also do a lot of other creative things, but writing seems the most attractive thing to do at the moment. I write a lot about (but it is mostly non-fiction).

I need to find it. I also thought i would be a good politician but it would be draining (because you need to talk about what is negative in "our country" and i don't like that because frustration/frustration/frustration :D I don't really know, i think i'm in some way really good at it (speeching is something that i can very good i think, i can give presentations and monologues) I know how to use my voice and my hands to give a speech. (movement, not sitting down). I also have my ideas, but i think it would be emotionally very hard and i would stay focused on what i want to do (= although i know you need to lie to be elected) but i think i am good at it and at the same time that it is nothing for me. But yeah, i'm not going to be in such a situation, so who cares :).

I think i need to start reading some books.

·
Registered
513 Posts
@Lakigigar : as a young 4 and Fi user, you are far away in your own subjectivity (like many people on this forum ;-)). It is normal to be subjective, but it must be counterbalanced by solid objectivity or you may be a kind of “space cadet”(“dans la lune”), unable to function properly in this world. As I told earlier to another 4, you need to develop a practical competence in a field related to your best abilities, such as massager, interior designer, counselor, social worker, psychologist, etc. (I can give you a list) that will not only help you develop some objectivity and therefore deepens your existing subjectivity, but also give you something to hang on later, a solid job, when you need some firm ground under your feet. Otherwise, the risk is high you spend a substantial part of your life wandering erratically as a reflection of what is going on in your mind. So, whatever you do, do it consistently and thoroughly with a practical prospect in mind. If you want to write, do it, but develop another practical, worldly competence aside. You may become a great writer or a journalist, but you may also end up doing something more prosaic, so prepare a Plan B.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Are 4w5 based with both T and F traits? Because As said when finding the main forum for all Enneagram Types, 4 was within the Heart Traits and 5 was Head Traits based.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Some theory. I'm 4w5 because i recognize me a lot. But it seems like everyone here on this forum is 4w5? And i don't think that everyone on the planet is 4w5 (because i feel myself unique and different from other people, i don't even have such thing like a best friend who understands me? Nearly everyone thinks i'm a weirdo. And i love art and artistic things (photo's, drawings, movies, the beauty of weather & clouds). And at the other side i love science, politics, the earth, volcanoes, knowlegde, and i can be occupied for hours with weather and earth and some themes. And i don't even know/met someone that is the same like me. And though there are so many 4w5's on this fora. ... It freaks me the hell out, and i'm a little bit angry about it.. Or i do not understand it.

Someone an explanation?

I am curious why this makes you angry. Maybe with 8 in your tritype...? I consider myself unhealthy now because PTSD makes me bonkers.I am a 4w3 and there seems way an off proportion of 4's identifying as 5 wing and not 3. Maybe what was suggested to me years ago and 3 wings are more oyt in the world and less online? The rarity of 4 and INFJ I don't particularly care about -- any type and I would still see. myself as unique, strange, and have trouble understanding people, though,secretly how they think of me is huge. It isn't I need them to relate -- I usually claim people can't, but I want them to be gentle with me and supportive. Admiration is definitely ideal.

I do think some 4w5's and INFJs are mistyped, but enneagram is aupposed to be cery personal and mainly based on your own impressions, unless typed professionally. It is a bit arrogant to say someone is a type in either system without having met them and seeing a small fraction of them on a forum. If someone asks for assistance, that is compleletely different.

I am sp then sx. I am a huge nester daydreaming about making my home look perfect and cozy, healthy and easy ways to cook -- organic if possible. I want to start growing vegetables, herbs, and a couple fruit trees. I intend to start a worm compost in the kitchen. I recycle, buy beautiful, feminine unique clothes mostly used, or on etsy when I can afford. Other things I must trust in the company and pick the perfect pieces. I want to make my own cleaning supplies that are non-toxic. I have panic attacks over money... Heavy self-pres.

I also am prone to mood swings and find it unbearable if a friend loses interest. I am very passionate about everything in life, but blind to implications of social relationships.when things aren't just explained to me upfront. Though I see my So.

I am 4w3-6w7-9w1. I never doubt the 4 (I try to make everything in life a beautiful art and was an art prodigy at 15 months old.I also love drama and ecstatic love and religious experiences. I get them a lot.) Right now my 6 is counterphobic.

But we are each on our own journey. People misjudge themselves constantly in all kinds of life experiences. Let your uniqueness shine and don't pay attention to people overidentifying if that is what is happening. I mean, you can't do anything about it... Focus on you and learning and getting support.😊

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just came across a website (or was it a book..?) that said that 4w5s were much more common than 4w3s. It also said that 3w2s were much more rare than 3w4s. Who knows if that's accurate or not...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts

Someone an explanation?
Well. Same reason you will find a disproportionate amount of juggalos at an ICP concert. It's not a random sample and it's not representative of Society At Large. Some groups, activities, themes, will attract certain types of people.

It seems that a personality forum is attractive to people who identify as 4w5. I'm sure many are mistyped. And perhaps the same reasons that cause someone to either type or mistype as 4w5 are correlated with an attraction to this sort of forum. Self-absorption, feeling misunderstood and wanting a place to be more candid, interest in exploring the psyche... etc

These things are obviously not exclusive to Fours but .... it's easy to understand why it would appeal to most of us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Woah!! I'm a 4w5!!!

Generally people take for granted their talents and it's easy to forget how our second-nature behaviours and thought patterns are completely alien to others (and other types). With all this mind, our level of introspection, which is so natural to us, means we are more likely to be interested in ourselves, our motivations, life meaning, etc so we have ended up on a personality forum. Other types are just not as interested in this stuff!

·
Registered
110 Posts
From all the people I have met, from families, friends and all my interactions to observations and studying, Id say 75% of the world is comprised of 6s. The rest is probably in equal parts 1s,2s,3s,4s,5s,7s, 8s, and 9s.

Most 4s (esp 4w5s) are in search of themselves and they tend to seek personality systems---- so here we are on forums trying to understand ourselves. Not all types work same way. Most of the people who have read or know of the enneagram are 4s and 5s. Most people who are online doing research have the 5 wing (4w5, 5s, 6w5) so its not the world has more 4w5s, its that our type is the most type to want to research and know ourselves.

All other enneagram types are too busy working, facing the world, and acting it all out (being their types, not understanding it). Id say we 4s tend to be much more self absorbed, not all types are into self analzyation and internalizing these things. So theres cons and pros, we know so much about our human side and our faults and strong points, but fail to put it all out there. Yet when a 4 does create and show it to the world, everyone stops and notices because what 4s understand and know so easily about our human experiences and feelings, others havent taken the time to notice.

So theres a two way street to this. =)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Because a specific type of people live on the internet. SJ's and SP's have lives and NT's and NF's dont. Just so happens that most intutives tend to either be 4 or 5 or both.

GENERALLY SPEAKING!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think a lot of the time people have a strong desire to be different to compensate for something else. Actually this is why people like hipsters are inexplicable to me. They actually appear to think that they are unique even though have adopted a pre-formed personality. although I have known people who claimed they weren't hipsters, but oh they were so hipster..... Basically there are many people who claim to unique but aren't really.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Someone an explanation?
Wow! This sounds sooo like me!! Special weather, and things in nature, drawing, music... I even tried to learn hieroglyphs befause I find it so interesting (and mystic). I can sit for hours and read. Old things with a history and a "soul"- like the pyramids has always fascinated me. Often I feel like I should have been born in the past, because I find the architecture/clothes more beautiful.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you got a roomful of 4w5s, they might have the same modus operandi, but they'd still be vastly different people. Such is the nature of 4s, and of typology in general.

Our core type is 4, meaning we are focused on identity. A lot of us end up at typology because our 5 wings drive us towards finding an explanation for why we are different.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In my opinion, one can argue that the four core drives emotion, a quest for truth and sincerity out of a sense of perceived imperfection. The five wing provides the rational impetus, the drive to understand and decode the mechanic behind this flaw with the ultimate aim to find salvation or a the ultimate remedy to fix these perceived flaws. Both types are introspective in nature, aiming to explore the inner works and truth of oneself. They create friction as emotion and rationality should be opposite in nature, however they also complement each other in a unique way.

I think a lot of the time people have a strong desire to be different to compensate for something else. Actually this is why people like hipsters are inexplicable to me. They actually appear to think that they are unique even though have adopted a pre-formed personality. although I have known people who claimed they weren't hipsters, but oh they were so hipster..... Basically there are many people who claim to unique but aren't really.
Marvellous observation. I think this is a consequence of the idea of "personal branding". People have this idealized image, the intrinsic need to differentiate. They build a fictional ideal version, a superego of some sort, on Facebook and social media and then they feel a need to live up to this image, however unrealistic or idealized it might be. One needs to craft his own identity out of a composite of many elements; merely adopting a pre-made concept goes against the very definition of differentiation/uniqueness.

41 - 60 of 147 Posts