Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ISTP and I had been seeing each other for 6 months before recently deciding to stop because of the long distance. Towards the end, he started to become cold and withdraw a lot because of personal stress (according to him). As much as I tried to be understanding of this and give him space, I found myself feeling insecure and resentful. I think we both felt a bit trapped by this pseudo long distance relationship and it was bringing more stress to our lives than it did fun.

During our last conversation, we agreed that everything was always amazing when we were together in person, but we stressed each other out when we were apart. I was hoping that we could have tried to figure out a solution to our problem, but he had his mind set on ending things, which was quite hurtful to me. He claimed that he was "just being practical" and that everything would have been perfect if only we lived in the same city. Even though we agreed to stay friends, I don't think I can be friends with him right now simply because I need to get over him completely first.

Since that conversation, he has either messaged me or commented on my social media posts every single day. He has even sent me selfie videos twice...None of his messages or comments have really warranted a response so I ignored his texts and would simply 'like' his comments on my social media posts. I'm so confused as to why he was so distant and non communicative towards me before, yet now he isn't giving me space to get over him and move on only after we had decided to stop seeing/talking to each other.

Is he already completely over me or is he trying to keep me from getting over him? Any insight as to what could be going through his mind and how I should respond moving forward would be much appreciated!

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,809 Posts
Maybe he's just not willing to close the door on you two yet? Apparently, he likes having some interaction from you rather than none at all.

·
Registered
ISTP
430 Posts
My guess would be that he's having a hard time letting go too. Maybe thinking about how to make it work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts