Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP, 9w8/4/5 sp/sx, Ravenpuff
815 Posts
There's nothing illogical about bullying the retarded masses.
That depends on what you consider to be logical. There are clear advantages to bullying within a limited context. The benefits that can be derived from bullying others are some of the primary motivations behind both domestic abusers and dictators alike. Although in the long run teamwork, cooperation, and equality tend to win out in producing greater value for more people.

But more to the point, is that your intent? To bully me? You thought you saw SJW branding in the word choices of my post and so decided to disregard any merit they may have had on the basis of that branding and to respond by bullying me?

·
Registered
In progress
2,279 Posts
There's nothing illogical about bullying the retarded masses.
No, but there is something illogical about typing as an ISFP and a 5w4.

Also, imagine all the pent up energy that incels have accumulated from years of involuntary abstinence. Why not release it all at once and go out with a bang? After all, I hear that there are 72 virgins who await me in heaven.

Reactions: MoStoner12

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Probably the rise in basement dwellers and incels in Gen X & Gen Y, now Gen Z has a bunch of bubble wrapped weirdos. So... 🤷🏻‍♀️. I think the increase in school shootings probably plays apart into that stereotype too.

I mean angry guys seem to be often (not always) linked to lack of access to sex (hey I don’t make the society) just saying.

·
Registered
ISFP 4w5
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Probably the rise in basement dwellers and incels in Gen X & Gen Y, now Gen Z has a bunch of bubble wrapped weirdos. So... 🤷🏻‍♀️. I think the increase in school shootings probably plays apart into that stereotype too.

I mean angry guys seem to be often (not always) linked to lack of access to sex (hey I don’t make the society) just saying.
Part of the annoyance for me is this idea that they would get more action if they were nicer people.

After the popularity of things like 50 Shades, "After," "365 Days" and "The Kissing Booth," I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

·
Retired Administrator
16,410 Posts
Here are some articles that might be sort of related (I thought they were interesting):

Relationships might help stabilize and reduce neuroticism... I am not sure about the type of neuroticism--like anxiety/ocd type neuroticism vs. narcissism or anger.

I read that women experience less physical pain when they are holding hands with a good romantic partner, so it makes sense if that can lower physical pain sensitivity then it might also translate to emotional pain?

So perhaps people really do calm down in stable relationships.

Here's an article about how even though neuroticism isn't seen as advantageous for a partnership, neurotic people seem to understand love better (perhaps from ruminating). Though they are still, generally, crappy partners. lol

This article is about how some neurotic traits are beneficial and perhaps offer evolutionary advantage:

Idk--seemed on topic, and it's nice to read something that doesn't predict eternal loneliness and failure for neurotic people--though I did see arguments for agreeableness. I think all the neurotics are lumped in together here--even though there can be people that are high in agreeableness and also neuroticism.

I may remove this later and make a thread about it though--if it's not helpful.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Here's the fact of the matter. If I were to suddenly get a lot of action, I wouldn't suddenly become a nice, male-feminist piece of little bitch shit.

I'd simply be an angry narcissist who also just so happens to get a lot of action. It would change literally nothing
The answer is simple:
1. Men want women.
2. Men don't get women.
3. Men get frustrated that they don't get women.
In fact, this doesn't only apply to women, but with everything. Everyone gets frustrated when they don't get what they want.

I don't understand the connection between the title and the post. In the title, you seem to imply that people who don't get a lot of action are frustrated. But in the original post, you claim that if you would get a lot of action, you wouldn't suddenly become a people pleaser but a full of himself narcissist. Both are toxic in my opinion.

For the people pleaser, I don't think the problem is being "too nice" but rather "just nice". It's good to be nice. People appreciate being nice. It's as simple as being stopped by a cop and being let go with a warning because you were nice to him, the value of niceness cannot be overstated. People appreciate a person who is polite and helpful, this can't be overstated. It's important to be a good person but also an interesting person. You can be a decent person yet a boring or desperate person.

If anything, I think showing you are a good person is a perk.

Compassion is what makes a good character, not only to want the best for others and actively encourage them in that direction, but to also appreciate what others do for you and to be grateful for their support. A good character is to treat people right, to not disrespect them, to take into account how other people feel. To have a good soul, want to help and appreciate what others do for you, show appreciation. Girls with sensitivity like polite and respectful men with sensitivity and a gentle soul. Someone loving.

Showing sensitivity can be equally attractive, it shows depth of feelings, which is something many women find attractive in a romantic partner. You can show sensitivity by listening to music with deep messages, by learning an instrument, by looking at and being fascinated by art, by listening to opera, by being tender and romantic with them, making them unexpected gifts that are very specific.

Respect other people's preferences, everyone has an unalienable right to have their own preferences and pick whoever they want as their dating partners. Be polite and respectful even when you are right. You can be polite by simply asking for permission, however, you don't have to ask in a weak or submissive way, but asking for permission shows you take into account their desires.

To not be boring, you have to make the conversation fun or interesting. To make the conversation interesting, try to find common interests, something that you would both enjoy talking about.

To make the conversation fun, try to keep the discussion lighthearted with small jokes, so that you both laugh and have a good time. You can make normal jokes about various things, self-irony, something absurd, changing the context or making fun of someone not related to the discussion.

Don't overcomplicate things. At the end of the day, women want a caring and comfortable relationship as well, just like men do.

Reactions: secondpassing

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

So that you're aware, gamers/incels were weaponized by Steve Bannon. The full article's worth reading.

Even though the business plan was a flop, Bannon became intrigued by the game's online community dynamics. In describing gamers, Bannon said, "These guys, these rootless white males, had monster power. ... It was the pre-reddit. It's the same guys on (one of a trio of online message boards owned by IGE) Thottbot who were [later] on reddit" and other online message boards where the alt-right flourished, Bannon said.

Green postulates that Bannon's time at IGE was "one that introduced him to a hidden world, burrowed deep into his psyche, and provided a kind of conceptual framework that he would later draw on to build up the audience for Breitbart News, and then to help marshal the online armies of trolls and activists that overran national politicians and helped give rise to Donald Trump," Green writes.

·
Registered
INFJ
5,413 Posts
Here's the fact of the matter. If I were to suddenly get a lot of action, I wouldn't suddenly become a nice, male-feminist piece of little bitch shit.

I'd simply be an angry narcissist who also just so happens to get a lot of action. It would change literally nothing.
maybe it has something to do with pent up sexual frustration and people's moods

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts

I'd simply be an angry narcissist who also just so happens to get a lot of action. It would change literally nothing.
i love this so much

because women think vaginas are the solution to every mans issues...not realizing how stressful most women can be.

also not realizing the compulsive NEED to have sex is a sign of poor mental health itself

i think its the way most womens value system works because they think external validation is the be all and end all to a happy life

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
Probably from some men loudly complaining and blaming their bad behavior on not getting sex?

I mean, I get that sexual frustration is real, but it's definitely not an excuse for some things--like shooting up a yoga studio.

And then people get tired of trying to tell them that, and just start trying to communicate on their level in some vain hope that they'll be open to listening to other perspectives about the matter, so they humor them by repeating the same narrative back to them...which doesn't work because they don't actually need empathy, what they need is to take responsibility for their behavior and make an effort to empathize with people different than them (women usually). And shut up and listen for a change.
yeah you right but it doesnt come from the lack of sex in itself

but the feeling of feeling unwanted and not loved in this forever growing into isolationist society we are developing into. they just want love. cant get it and feel sex is the answer

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
It just occurs that anger issues don't mix very well with affection. So where there isn't one, there is the other.

It is pointless to sort out the cause from the consequence for they are two parts of a same russian doll.

Sometimes it seems like one causes the other, or the opposite, depending on how we idealize our own experiences.
i had a feeling i would find you here

21 - 40 of 85 Posts