Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
INFx 4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of xSTP hate going around in the MBTI web, and I wanted to note two overwhelmingly positive things about ISTPs that I see:

1. ISTPs don't give a f#[email protected]
Logically, ISTPs are the type least inclined to care about other people's opinions. J's are great for their productivity, but reading about them in depth, it's clear a big motivator for them is often the opinions/judgements of others. That's fine, I kinda wish I was a J, but P's aren't so influenced by that. Likewise, and more obviously, introverts are less influenced by others than extroverts and they're more comfortable being alone, and T's have a tendency to get less caught up in emotion than F's. S isn't necessarily better than N for caring what others think, but I can easily see N's getting lost in hypothetical thoughts about ways others could act or think. S's don't - they focused more on what's real, hands on, and practical.
Tie all these together, and ISTP's truly don't give a [email protected]#$, or at least they aren't disposed to, it's almost like they lack the capacity to. The judgments of others are a major hinderance for most people in attaining what they want in life. It's a major cause of fear and anxiety. The ISTP is the type that can most easily cut through that.

2. They're the best handymen/women possible
ISTP's are only one letter off from the thinker/INTP, and the difference is they put all the ingenuity if ITP into practical matters, rather than the abstract. They aren't tied to the conventional, like ISTJs are. They're geniuses at actually working with machines and real systems, so if I were anything from a soldier to a firefighter to an astronaut, there's no one I'd rather have handling the technical systems I rely on than an ISTP.

·
Registered
INFJ
197 Posts
it is because both of you have complemetary cognitive functions and maybe you grow up with a lot of STPs so you get used to them..anyway, the things that I found cool about them is that they have high potential to survive in any kind of situation basically which my Ni and Ti learns from them as sometimes my Se just become afraid in my surroundings to perform..If there is will,there is a way which is what Ni is all about..

·
Registered
322 Posts
That carefree attitude is what I can empathise with when I can't take people very seriously. When I dance, people's opinions don't matter to me. When I sing, people's opinions don't matter to me. When I want to try something new, people's opinions don't matter to me. When I care about my freedom, people's opinions don't matter.

My biological family and ancestors were farmers, hunters, entrepreneurs, and other types of people that were motivated by logic, facts, technological advancement, and power to have freedom more than feelings and people's opinions as I.S.T.P.s.

I don't know what personality type I am, but I sometimes behave as an I.S.T.P.

Some influential I.S.T.P.s I have been exposed to are Frank Zappa, Clint Eastwood, Dean Martin, Anna Kendrick, Eminem, Kristen Stewart, Bruce Lee, and some other people if they are I.S.T.P.s. The I.S.T.P.s are funny, tech savvy, daring, creative, inventive, sportsy, problem solvers, and music engineers. From what I experienced, I will say that I.S.T.P.s have more chill than other personality types on average. Also, I think average I.S.T.P.s are able to sense if people are taking themselves, other people, and things too seriously and are behaving like they're on drugs because I have seen that I.S.T.P.s usually behave rationally. Now, I will say that I.S.T.P.s are usually more chill than E.S.T.P.s. because they are usually drawn to things more than people and their introverted, thinking, and perceiving natures could make them be able to question people and criticise people with a calm demeanor without following the herd mentality easily.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Their complete lack of anxiety is very comforting because it helps calm me down. And since they are relaxed-ish (if you don’t piss them off) and not rigid like other personality types it helps. I think I also love how they can give advice clearly but in a few words or at most a couple sentences. Because then when I have webs of doubts or things bothering me, I can just go back and recall their advice, and it’s so easy and well said, that it helps immensely. And I think they can come across as uncaring but really it’s because they are so practical, they can sort through the crap and only do what’s important or what can be handled. Of course it’s good to have personality types who bring more attention to the the things they don’t understand, like sometimes awareness of emotions is a skill...like in a relationship. They can also be completely stubborn if they are in the wrong but over time and if you do manage to show them logically, they are open to other ideas.

Overall they rock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Clint Eastwood, born 1930

One of the most striking elements of your character in that film [Sergio Leone: A Fistful of Dollars] was his laconic speech, was that simply part of the script or did you develop that style? “I kind of developed that, I enjoyed the listening aspect more than I did the speaking aspect of the procedure anyway. I was a person who observed everything that was going on around him. So I figured the more he talked the more he dissipated the strength of the character, so I opted for very little dialogue.”

“So you take the work seriously but don't take yourself seriously, and if you keep that in mind, you'll do well the rest of your life.”

Stanley Kubrick, 1928 -1999

Kubrick's Directing Style Explained

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Glad I’m married to one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fallen Angel

·
Registered
INFP
1,182 Posts
My dad is one, I'm pretty positive he is. He's got a phd in biology, he likes research with practical implication and to make technological production line better (like food processing and stuff). He also knows tons of things and I like talking to him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts