Personality Cafe banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
IxxP 4w5
20 Posts
almost my whole family is J and I’m a strong P. They drive me nuts....and it’s bc of the J. ( they are mostly all extrovert as well.)

like my dad ( ESTJ)when I was young and we all ( family) went camping or to the beach for the weekend, he has to planned out our whole day even what we will eat for each meal. And he will go over it..over and over. And I’m like who cares what we our going to eat, just pack the basics, sandwich material, some fruit, and the rest we can eat out ( part of the fun when you go somewhere new) and there are stores at the beach. There is six of us and half our car is pack with food bc he is obsessed with planning and food.
i just bring my own money and get what I want once I get there. it drives me nuts and he will keep nagging at me to help him...like how do I know what I want to eat 3 days from now at lunch or dinnertime...god, i don’t know and then he gets mad at me bc Im annoyed with him and he thinks I’m just being a jerk, but I really can’t stand this. It’s pointless. And he is just relentless.

my mom (ENFJ) is a true ppl charmer, loves being around others, always going to events especially family stuff. i on the other hand hates going to events. It’s not that I dont care about my family and don’t support them, but going to things like a kindergarten graduation ...ls, like, no way. okay I didn’t even go to MY own high school graduation. Every week she tries to guilt me into coming to some torturous event, well some things would be fun. Not only that but she wants me to commit to these things like a month in advance. Even if it is something I would like, I still don’t know how my mood will be around that time/day. But she needs to know NOW. Theres been too many times where I committed myself but comes that day, I really just didn’t feel like it but bc I’m said I would I went anyways, and was so miserable. Now I say no to everything which drives her nuts And like my dad she thinks I’m being a jerk. But i told her if it is very very very important to her, I will go, of course she seem to think everything is important.

Even tho, my P is high like 78%, I’m rarely late. Of course, I ve learned not to obligate myself. So, I don’t have many appointments to be late for. if My friends want to see me, just call me at least a day in advanced ( intorvert here) and just come by, see I can’t be late. I actually have I very good sense of time, and I don’t know how. i don’t even need an alarm clock to wake me up. tho I hate waking up.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
This is really interesting and makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I can tell who the judgers and perceivers are in my dance class. The judgers try to properly execute the movement, ask questions to clear up any inconsistencies, and practice at home so they come to the next class being able to do the movement well. Not so the perceivers! GENERALLY SPEAKING. They generally do the movement 'however they think it should be done/or however they want to do it (I'll quote one ESFP/ISFP girl in the class who said 'I just do whatever I want'), and they're not as careful about correcting their mistakes. And they come to class unpracticed. Drives me nuts!

The perceivers (particularly the Esfps in the group) are very good at taking the spotlight and doing spontaneous movements when it calls for it, though.

·
Registered
994 Posts
As a little 'j' who won't necessarily start a project right away but have the end goal and deadline in mind, who also prefers openness and flexibility from start to finish but with generalized benchmarks, a little of both is fine with me. Also, prioritization will have the greatest impact since it's rare that people have only one thing on the go.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts