Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not talking about sex or romance. What I want to know is why people don't just love each other? What would it harm people to just express care, love and appreciation for others? What I often see is people stomping others down for no good reason. Why is that? To love feels good to the one giving the love and to the one receiving the love.

Reach out to someone today and tell them you care. It does feel good.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I am not talking about sex or romance. What I want to know is why people don't just love each other? What would it harm people to just express care, love and appreciation for others? What I often see is people stomping others down for no good reason. Why is that? To love feels good to the one giving the love and to the one receiving the love.

Reach out to someone today and tell them you care. It does feel good.
Indeed it's true, and i basically do that everyday!
come on guys rememeber the rule:peace and don't be dumb"

·
Registered
229 Posts
Blue Butterfly!!! I care about youuuu! <333 *lots of hugs*

If everyone loves just one person each, then through a chain, every single being on earth is loved, and it will have no end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
People need to hate, it gives them purpose, identity, something to put yourself with and against.

Love is, after all, purposeless ( unless mixed with other emotions, or course, that is how much art is made).

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I don't understand. Why does love make you feel exposed? Giving love makes you stronger not weaker. Could you explain what happend to you when you show love?
Showing love gives me a horrid feeling inside. I have always felt much better refraining from showing it. Expressing it only serves to make me feel weak. It isn't without great difficulty that I can do it.

It's more comfortable to be cold, than it is to be warm. Possibly why I identify with Emotionally cold characters much more.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I think it's irrational to suggest that we should all love each other. But I don't see the reason for hate, either.
And I don't truly love or care about someone who I barely even know, so with most people, it'd just be fake to tell them that I do love them or care about them.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Showing love gives me a horrid feeling inside. I have always felt much better refraining from showing it. Expressing it only serves to make me feel weak. It isn't without great difficulty that I can do it.

It's more comfortable to be cold, than it is to be warm. Possibly why I identify with Emotionally cold characters much more.

I have to say I have never experenced what you are describing. to love and to give love feels very good to me.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let's just call it fear of rejection. As much as I am loathed to admit it.

That I can understand. To be rejected is very difficult. But the type of love I am talking about is not the type you get love in return. It is the free love that does not depend on the other person giving love in return. So it does not matter if the person gives love back or not.

In freindship love or romantic love is different. In that case we are expecting love in return which is not really love. We are giving something to get get something. True love does not need to have love returned.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I don't understand. Why does love make you feel exposed? Giving love makes you stronger not weaker. Could you explain what happend to you when you show love?
We don't roll that way.

It takes years of work for a rational person to get in touch with their feelings enough to really do what you're talking about. And that's only IF they don't get hurt by someone who's unstable or dishonest.

It's only been in the last year or so that I've felt capable of expressing myself that way to anyone other than my child. I'm 41.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We don't roll that way.

It takes years of work for a rational person to get in touch with their feelings enough to really do what you're talking about. And that's only IF they don't get hurt by someone who's unstable or dishonest.

It's only been in the last year or so that I've felt capable of expressing myself that way to anyone other than my child. I'm 41.

It is amazing how we can experence things so differently. What is a strength and a pleasure to me, makes you guys uncomfortable. Amazing to get to understand. Is that why when I express my love it makes you uncomfortable? Because I have a heart bursting with love and I spread it around a lot. It is not that I am looking for anything in return either. To stay mentally healthy I have to give love.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Because I have a heart bursting with love and I spread it around a lot. It is not that I am looking for anything in return either. To stay mentally healthy I have to give love.
Yes . . . and only now do I understand that better than at any time in my life before. But getting here was an uphill battle.

And it took an ENTP woman to communicate to me the importance of accepting love in a way I could understand. She needed to work at it for a solid year. She had to teach me how my own emotions worked.

We are different types, you and me.

But I understand . . .

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Why don't we all just exist?

No hate, no love aside from those special people ( for both ).

I see no point in going out of my way to hate or love some random person.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.