Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,957 Posts
As someone who sometimes gets on the other side of the flake out thing, I can say speaking for myself, I don't get too worked up about it. But people invite themselves to ski with me. If they bail the next morning because they are hung over, I lose a little respect for them as a skier. And if it becomes a pattern, I will avoid letting that person become a partner until I've seen some proof that they won't bail on me again.

Some people who don't like me find me opinionated and boorish. In most cases, it's just my lame attempts at facetious humor, which they take way too seriously or completely misunderstand in the first place. Oh well. If I haven't figured out when not to make snide comments by this age, it probably ain't going to happen. Others I'm not sure of. There is this dude who used to hang out in the ski community who started going around telling everybody he could find vicious lies about me--things he said I did and said to him on the mountain that would be completely out of character for me and that I honestly have never even cared about. Thing is, I am absolutely certain I never even met the guy. How he knew my name and why he felt the need to go to the trouble of flaming me in public I guess I will never know. But since I don't even know his name or what he looks like, I'm not going to worry about it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.