Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured it out. Why the ENTP forum ain't popular no more.

It's cuz everyone is busy writing a list of why they love us so much...they just can't help themselves. THe only problem is, we're soo awesome and cool and stuff that they can't finish their post without thinking of another thing they have to praise us for.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l've dodged in and out of Per for long stretches since l've had an account, so l don't even remember when the ENTP forum was popular but that seems accurate to me.

Eh, l kinda lose the desire to post about after that happens. l don't know why. Just boring l guess, l'd rather go somewhere where l can just observe and not be expected to perform. l've been an INTP fan girl so l tried to tone it down so they wouldn't feel the same way, but l was thought l was an INTP so :unsure:

l don't know if there's a lot ENTPs really have to talk about with each other though. The introvert forums in general seem to have a tighter community, we just drift all over the place.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I don't think the ENTP forum has ever been that popular, but with the exception of the ENFP forum, the dominant extroverted forums are way less active in general than the introverted subs. I think part of it is a combination of what most people said: we go where we want without much loyalty and enjoy interacting with all types of people. It's just natural that the old timers will come here sporadically. After posting a thousand or so posts, what you say starts becoming redundant just like the threads. However, while at first my interest when first becoming active in the forums was to actually learn deeply about personality theory and temperament similarities, I've pretty much gotten past that. I actually enjoy many of the people on the forums and treat the threads as mainly a platform to carry on conversations with cool people that I've come to enjoy or to waste time and babble because I'm bored. Plus I see it as a healthy sign that most people here have shit to do outside of having conversations on internet forums.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
of ''Per'' lol wtf.

Most people either become critics of MBTI or try to hang around to assist people...l keep trying to become a Socionics snob but l keep failing.

Reactions: PaladinX

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
I don't think the ENTP forum has ever been that popular, but with the exception of the ENFP forum, the dominant extroverted forums are way less active in general than the introverted subs. I think part of it is a combination of what most people said: we go where we want without much loyalty and enjoy interacting with all types of people. It's just natural that the old timers will come here sporadically. After posting a thousand or so posts, what you say starts becoming redundant just like the threads. However, while at first my interest when first becoming active in the forums was to actually learn deeply about personality theory and temperament similarities, I've pretty much gotten past that. I actually enjoy many of the people on the forums and treat the threads as mainly a platform to carry on conversations with cool people that I've come to enjoy or to waste time and babble because I'm bored. Plus I see it as a healthy sign that most people here have shit to do outside of having conversations on internet forums.
I know in a lot of cases when people are on forums a while, they start making friends and then exchange say IMs or even Facebook and then just directly chat on there so there is less use for the forum itself. I know for me the main reason I came here wasn't really about learning personality as much as basically finding like minded people who see the world the same way as I do. I knew my personality type had a lot to do with it and I was also aware of Myers-Briggs but didn't have a huge background in it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, forums are so 199X. Besides I got quickly bored of this whole ENTP circle jerk thing, reading about how "awesome" I am from other ENTPs. I'd rather watch some documentaries, bust a nut and drink wine. Apart from that I do enjoy the occasional visit.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah...we need an ENTP revolution

1 - 14 of 14 Posts