Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i the only one who is tired to see so many threads about how INTP or INTJ are viewed, always, finishing in a dick contest, or in an escalation of theoretical explanation about cognitive functions (that we all already know) ?

Now, i only look for the [Non INTP] threads and i'm always scared when i see that an INTP posted an answer on it, because i know how it will irremediably end.

Ps : I'm an INTP
Pps : English is not my native language, so, please dont mind the poor syntax or the mistakes.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
You're tired of it even though you only joined last month? You have a very low tolerance level. Also if I'm getting the gist of your post it's probably because it's more interesting to read an outsider's perspective than it is to hear things you already know/understand about yourself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're tired of it even though you only joined last month? You have a very low tolerance level. Also if I'm getting the gist of your post it's probably because it's more interesting to read an outsider's perspective than it is to hear things you already know/understand about yourself.
Indeed, but it seems that most INTPs cannot retrain themself to interfere, and it will, very often, mechanically stop the ousider's about sharing their experiences and lead to a new theoretical thread about functions.

Did you already see that ? And as INTP do you sometimes succeed to restrain yourself in the goal to not break the dynamics ?

Also, i made an account few days ago, but i read Perc for years.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I find the insight of oter types to provide information I coudln't have thought up or known myself.
Though a if a good walkthrough of the functions are needed, your own type is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Indeed, but it seems that most INTPs cannot retrain themself to interfere, and it will, very often, mechanically stop the ousider's about sharing their experiences and lead to a new theoretical thread about functions.

Did you already see that ? And as INTP do you sometimes succeed to restrain yourself in the goal to not break the dynamics ?

If I kill a thread simply by posting in it I won't feel particularly bad over it, I don't see see that as being my problem. This is a forum and discussion is encouraged, if my presence is enough to discourage a topic then fuck 'em. But I don't think I've ever killed a conversation by being overly technical [though it's not impossible]. And I know I've never killed a discussion by bringing up functions since I don't really pay functions a whole lot of mind.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I kill a thread simply by posting in it I won't feel particularly bad over it, I don't see see that as being my problem. This is a forum and discussion is encouraged, if my presence is enough to discourage a topic then fuck 'em. But I don't think I've ever killed a conversation by being overly technical [though it's not impossible]. And I know I've never killed a discussion by bringing up functions since I don't really pay functions a whole lot of mind.
Not kill, deviate.

·
Banned
467 Posts
Somehow he is right, INTP topics made by INTPs are boring.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts

So you're tired of hearing theory related to cognitive functions because you haven't heard anything new for a long time about it so you feel like you know everything about it already.... ok..... well I hope whining about it will achieve something for you. Unfortunately for you I doubt this.

I'm sorry the perC forum doesn't conform to your needs alone. Or the others like you you're attempting to reach out to.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Am i the only one who is tired to see so many threads about how INTP or INTJ are viewed, always, finishing in a dick contest, or in an escalation of theoretical explanation about cognitive functions (that we all already know) ?
I am not interested in reading about theoretical explanations about cognitive functions too, because:
- I haven't read any elementary book about MBTI theory (which would consist of few fat tomes), so I don't fully understand the concept of cognitive functions
- I have no clue if people talking about cognitive functions have any good theoretical knowledge. Or they are basing on the pop-scientific summaries and they own intuition? There is no guarantee that with two people discussing here about X cognitive function they both have the same understanding of what this function is.
- other persons' interpretations of facts are not facts for me

·
Registered
912 Posts
Because most of them doesn't like it.

I don't think there's a dept explanation. Some INTP/INTJ threads go into theorical things and some others like "how to deal with feelings" and those sort of things. Some like it, but not all. And in the end, I would talk about favorite games and toons rather than why can't I relatate to people, or how awesome TiNe/NiTe.

In short: Some people just get bored with some threads that others enjoy.

·
Registered
214 Posts

Now, i only look for the [Non INTP] threads and i'm always scared when i see that an INTP posted an answer on it, because i know how it will irremediably end.

Ps : I'm an INTP
Pps : English is not my native language, so, please dont mind the poor syntax or the mistakes.
I feel the same about the INFP threads concerning whinging and why no one likes them. But like @Fredward said, outsider perspective serves food for thought. Keep on waggling that INTPness. You folks are some of my favorite people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts