Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is our truly purpose here?

How often INTJ reflects to themselves?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I used to think like that to some degree when I was a kid. I think my interest in astronomy bloomed out of a desire to know at least where I am if not the why.

Now I think more about what to do. I think we choose our purpose (to a large extent). And give meaning to the means. I have something 'meaningful' in mind for my life long career and focus on that.

I think this 'free will' is tempered by the fact that we are biological entities that come with some pre programming. I'm curious what I'm 'made for' in this regard and would like to 'fulfill my function'/self-actualize. In this way, I see my happiness & 'being me' (while striving towards being the best me possible) as my purpose.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4
6,477 Posts
I used to think like that to some degree when I was a kid. I think my interest in astronomy bloomed out of a desire to know at least where I am if not the why.

Now I think more about what to do. I think we choose our purpose (to a large extent). And give meaning to the means. I have something 'meaningful' in mind for my life long career and focus on that.

I think this 'free will' is tempered by the fact that we are biological entities that come with some pre programming. I'm curious what I'm 'made for' in this regard and would like to 'fulfill my function'/self-actualize. In this way, I see my happiness & 'being me' (while striving towards being the best me possible) as my purpose.
Gosh, I can smell the Fi all the way from *here*...

·
Banned
619 Posts
Completely OT, but couldn't help - the question triggered this.

- Why are we here?
- Because we make a difference.

...a more serious answer, for me, would be because I was born.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
What is our truly purpose here?

How often INTJ reflects to themselves?
These sorts of reflective questions are ones I used to think on quite a lot, especially in my adolescence (perhaps triggered by the amount of death around me at the time). Once I reached a satisfactory answer (which is personalized to me), I just carry out those principles as I go about my day. Finding a religion or framework for one's life is very helpful in getting ahold of one's self when feeling lost in the Universe.

Reactions: aware.7

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@brightflashes
well pointed ! - '' perhaps triggered by the amount of death around me at the time'' yeah, I think we have the same trigger, smth about death , life after is connecting us with our truly purpose in life - meaning to perfect ourselves

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Acataleptic if only 10% of the planet would think like that u mentioned, perhaps happiness would be a permanent state of mind

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Acataleptic
now everything around us represent the opposite ,we probably do not live in the right time and place or maybe we're living in other dimension or maybe everything is perfectly placed in a perfect time by someone bigger than us ,I think the last idea it's the one that suits me best

·
Registered
257 Posts
*Why are we hear?

To correct poor grammar.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've always thought of it as a really fascinating coincidence that I'll never get to understand. I also think, though, that it would have been better for the rest of the species on the planet if humans had just never happened. The universe wouldn't have missed much.
Regarding my own existence, I sometimes imagine myself being old, holding a picture of my current self and wondering if that would make me feel as if I have done something that matters. Then I keep going on to the future to the point when the planet is completely dead with no more living beings and that makes me wonder if anything will ever matter at all, and that's when I have to stop because it's kind of depressing.

Now I just wonder how much of this weird post makes sense.

EDIT: Oh wait, now I'm thinking the question maybe was why are we here in a INTJ forum and I've just made a fool out of myself.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
@Andyb8274 @leviosa sorry for my poor english,I'm not a native english speaker ,actually.I'm fluent in only 3 languages ,english is not my best,but in life we have all the time to learn :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
I reiterate what @Dare said.

I'd add that in a way any of our actions can be seen as a pursuit of happiness. Even when we do something to make somebody else happy, we still do it because this is something that makes us happy.

Elon Musk once said about why he does what he's doing "I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad.".

I also think, though, that it would have been better for the rest of the species on the planet if humans had just never happened. The universe wouldn't have missed much.
The universe is indifferent. Since we're already here, we can as well do something.

Regarding my own existence, I sometimes imagine myself being old, holding a picture of my current self and wondering if that would make me feel as if I have done something that matters.

Then I keep going on to the future to the point when the planet is completely dead with no more living beings and that makes me wonder if anything will ever matter at all, and that's when I have to stop because it's kind of depressing.
I think I have never been able to be happy with past accomplishments. The past can be comforting at times, but then we always have to get back to reality and think about the present and the future. For me how I live matters more than what is my legacy. The best one can do is make the most of every moment.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
What if...?

·
Banned
619 Posts
if only 10% of the planet would think like that u mentioned, perhaps happiness would be a permanent state of mind
now everything around us represent the opposite ,we probably do not live in the right time and place or maybe we're living in other dimension or maybe everything is perfectly placed in a perfect time by someone bigger than us ,I think the last idea it's the one that suits me best
Life, the Multiverse and Everything are any number of things, bit like an infinitely wide electromagnetic spectrum. Our eyes can only detect a narrow band of electromagnetic radiation, and, indirectly, our tools a little more. Such is the mind also. It can only detect and labour with a narrow band of the "spectrum of existence". That specific band tends to be determined by our past. Or, as the Buddha put it, this is because that is.

It is very much possible that there is no absolute reason for the existence of existence itself, much as many a religious/spiritual human mind would love to claim the opposite. And even if there is one, it would seem exceedingly unlikely that a mind as primitive as that of a **** sapiens would be able to comprehend even a fraction of it.

As others have observed in this thread and elsewhere, we are left with subjective meaning.

Whatever floats your boat.

Here satirised by the much-beloved Hitch as "mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people".

P.S. As for happiness, it is indeed the base state of the human mind when left unmolested by thought.

·
Registered
215 Posts
why am i here?

as in alive? to exist and experience

as in this forum? well i like to be among those who are somewhat likeminded

how often do i reflect? all the time

·
Registered
INTJ
1,359 Posts
We are here solely as an experiment of extraterrestrials. Sort of like Sim City. They monitor us from the moon and the depths of the oceans. We have no purpose other than to serve their experiments.

You may ask: Experiments for what purpose? For their own enlightenment.

Mayyyyyybe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts