Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a researcher who studies patterns across type. I have been working on this project for months, but I am incredibly short on ESTPs. You guys chat me up, talk for days, and then I ask official questions and suddenly, I am ghosted. Please, the interview only takes about 15 minutes. There's 5 basic information questions, and 5 more involved ones.

I've interviewed over 950 people in 77 countries. I really need more individuals. Message me or leave a comment and I will send you the information. All identities are protected. HELP A GIRL OUT.

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,986 Posts
I'm a researcher who studies patterns across type. I have been working on this project for months, but I am incredibly short on ESTPs. You guys chat me up, talk for days, and then I ask official questions and suddenly, I am ghosted. Please, the interview only takes about 15 minutes. There's 5 basic information questions, and 5 more involved ones.

I've interviewed over 950 people in 77 countries. I really need more individuals. Message me or leave a comment and I will send you the information. All identities are protected. HELP A GIRL OUT.
What research it is?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What research it is?
I graduated with my Master's degree in 2015. I have a few other degrees, but none of them are in this. I started studying Jung psychology on my own a few years ago in depth. I began wandering into facebook groups and asking people questions in an attempt to learn about how individuals work. While doing this, I started noticing patterns beyond behavioral stereotypes. After a while, I honed a specific question set designed to be "back door" questions to different areas of metacognition and agency. I look for markers along the cognitive function axis. What I plan to do with this data is to discuss the ways that systems could be altered to better cater to people of all 16 types. In this instance, the education system. I have worked with thousands of people and officially interviewed over 960 people in 77 countries. The vast majority of them believe the education system must be altered. Jung psychology is often considered pseudoscience, but what I've seen in my work and what I've viewed in my research is that the perceiving functions do influence how we think and interact with the environment. It also largely affects how individuals learn. If the education system catered to those differences, I postulate that the system would be much improved.

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,986 Posts
I graduated with my Master's degree in 2015. I have a few other degrees, but none of them are in this. I started studying Jung psychology on my own a few years ago in depth. I began wandering into facebook groups and asking people questions in an attempt to learn about how individuals work. While doing this, I started noticing patterns beyond behavioral stereotypes. After a while, I honed a specific question set designed to be "back door" questions to different areas of metacognition and agency. I look for markers along the cognitive function axis. What I plan to do with this data is to discuss the ways that systems could be altered to better cater to people of all 16 types. In this instance, the education system. I have worked with thousands of people and officially interviewed over 960 people in 77 countries. The vast majority of them believe the education system must be altered. Jung psychology is often considered pseudoscience, but what I've seen in my work and what I've viewed in my research is that the perceiving functions do influence how we think and interact with the environment. It also largely affects how individuals learn. If the education system catered to those differences, I postulate that the system would be much improved.
At least in my country I think that education system is good, but it simply doesn't work because teachers don't follow it. even in nearly ideal conditions teachers aren't willing to adopt their programmes. Due to that nothing exactly works out as it should and thus education quality suffers. But anything beyond high school is wild west, zero material standardization. Lecturer can do nearly anything he wants. Things like adaptation for handicaped people is a cruel joke. Good luck with your work, it seems that you have surveyed a decent amount of people. I don't think that I can help you. I don't know my type. I think it could be ENxP, but the one who is nearly always lone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least in my country I think that education system is good, but it simply doesn't work because teachers don't follow it. even in nearly ideal conditions teachers aren't willing to adopt their programmes. Due to that nothing exactly works out as it should and thus education quality suffers. But anything beyond high school is wild west, zero material standardization. Lecturer can do nearly anything he wants. Things like adaptation for handicaped people is a cruel joke. Good luck with your work, it seems that you have surveyed a decent amount of people. I don't think that I can help you. I don't know my type. I think it could be ENxP, but the one who is nearly always lone.
Thank you :)

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,039 Posts

Are you boring the ESTPs with your questions?

·
Registered
972 Posts

Using my spare time to answer questions for free? Sounds like communism...

:LOL: Yeah, sure. If you're still looking for ESTP volunteers, I'm here.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,418 Posts

I am going to go out on a limb and say they don't value your research? They can't see the practical advantage to spending the time.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
The survey was easy and fine

To answer you. For future don’t tell ESTPs as a collective group your credentials. I mean like do what you want. But I meant like ESTP don’t care usually. Make your case to ESTPs by explaining what you’re doing and what it’s for (like ya did do) and say you’re really looking for their input. Credentials could actually turn ESTP off. Mainly because it’s considered fluff details. We just want the what and why. IMO. Mainly any Se user basically. Also other reason is cuz SPs are flighty and hit or miss. We go back and forth between stuff and bounce around. So getting our attention at times can be hard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts