Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's be clear in dating like where you just dated someone a few months but then establish for what ever reasons you have no interest in pursuing anything heavier or any long term relationship. You are polite but at the same time pretty clear and concise on your choice. I just do not understand people that seem to respond to try and continually pursue the situation with unrequited affections. As well as when they do not receive response seem to then try and pick arguments.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Emotional immaturity combined with a massive ego or an incredibly deflated ego.

·
Registered
29,065 Posts
It's kinda of like that food thing where if you only eat a little bit you will become extremely hungry. But if you don't eat anything for three or four days you will no longer feel hunger. You're just giving a little something, but it's not enough. So it's kind of hunger inducing.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Maybe they like you a lot and are upset you don't like them the same way. Sometimes we act like kids and when we can see we aren't going to get what we want, we get mean as we are determined to try to get their attention in the hopes of them changing their mind. Negative attention is at least attention, and sometimes that seems better than no attention from you. My youngest kid likes to get negative attention when he can't get any positive attention immediately. Not fun I'm sure for you, definitely doesn't make you say "well now that makes me want you after all!"...

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
16,662 Posts
Let's be clear in dating like where you just dated someone a few months but then establish for what ever reasons you have no interest in pursuing anything heavier or any long term relationship. You are polite but at the same time pretty clear and concise on your choice. I just do not understand people that seem to respond to try and continually pursue the situation with unrequited affections. As well as when they do not receive response seem to then try and pick arguments.
They see it as a challenge?

Reactions: Sensational

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
Quite a few motivations, depending on how they are arguing:
Are they going "how dare you" and accusing you of [insert insults] for doing that?
Are they asking if they did anything wrong and how could they have done thing right?
Are they trying to convince you that you should give them another chance?

Also, where do you stand within their romantic history:
Did they have a more serious long term relationship ending just before you?
Are you another one in a long series of short term relationships that ended like that?
Are they less experienced have a different set of proportions for romantic investment?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
so they continue to try and date you, but also, after getting rejected distance themselves by picking a fight as opposed to talking about something?

if that's how it comes off to you, then no response would be the best response since that's what they're looking for; a sense of validation. it's a little childish and self-destructive, as this person is trying to lay some sort of foundation with you, as a person you didn't take them for, if that makes sense. (hence the arguing and the combative nature--all just a bunch of guesses)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
They don't like admitting defeat. They believe that if they continue to keep trying, they will eventually managed to win the other person's heart.

If they are being stubborn and not accepting rejection, then you have to be even more stubborn than them. Since they are stubborn in pursuing you, then you will be stubborn in ignoring them. Best thing to do in this situation is to ignore all their attempts, and they will eventually get bored and give up.

Reactions: Sensational
5,146 Posts
Female friends/mothers advising them to fight for love and not give up. Not that I know anything about that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts