Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a hard time from my friends firstly because I love ambient music, but I also love a subgenre of "industrial" music which a bunch of my friends find kinda creepy and disturbing especially given that I'm a really happy guy who's usually in a really good mood. The music doesn't put me in bad moods ever or make me scared or anything, and it's one of a few types of music I love along with classic rock and more upbeat techno.

Just wondering if anyone else listens to some wierd stuff be it dark or happy and if other people look at you weird for it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am mostly a happy-music person, but I gladly join my S.O. at death metal concerts where they are singing about all sorts of macabre things, haha.

And as far as stuff that doesn't scare people, I can't seem to find anyone else that likes Cher... :p Oh, and I just like an eclectic mix of most things in general :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nothing on my iPod is something that the regular human would be listening to. I don't even listen to the radio anymore i'm so sick of it. Right now I'm listening to Crystal Castles the song is Air War...Check it out let it serenade your ear lobes...let your ear wax become sugar...let the sugar leak out..lick it...digest it...and thats how you create music jewelry!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I like a little bit of everything but the beats of disco and techno tend to stress me out.
My favorite type of music is 80s pop, Broadway and mellow female artists like Feist, Regina Spektor and Imogen Heap

I can't say I follow any artists that would fall under the category of creepy and disturbing (except perhaps Emilie Autumn?) but I have heard music that would fit that discription that I have enjoyed

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Weeell, I kind of range from really bleak trip hop to really bouncy jazz. Like this:
vs​
Not to mention that I listen to waaay more female singers than male ones. I don't know why that's weird, but I don't know many guys who do.

·
Registered
123 Posts
haha ... yeah I have friends who constantly ask "What the hell is this?!" when I'm playing music in my car! :)

Weird bands that only I seem to like include:
The Barons of Tang
Music from Uganda
Refused
Psalters
Ballydowse
Sa Ding Ding
Matisyahu
Friendly Fires
Algernon Cadwallader
Mihirangi (awesome beatboxing and maori chanting)
Four Tet
Sigur Ros
Jonsi
and LOTS AND LOTS of reggae & post-rock

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh and Classic Eurobeat act: The Real McCoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh and Classic Eurobeat act: The Real McCoy!
Eurobeat in general is weird music, unless you're a Japanese drift racer or something. Otherwise, knowing who Dave Rodgers is marks you as an oddball who probably watches entirely too much Initial D.

And yes, I do have very strange and eclectic musical tastes. Most of the music that I listen to falls under the "heavy metal" (power metal, mostly, followed by black and death metal) genre, but my tastes range from obscure black metal to obscure indie rock, Mayhem to The Essex Green. Throw in a bit of Gustav Mahler or Bela Bartok for good measure, shake and stir.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I love energetic heavy bass kicking sounds of hardstyles. Also like dupstep trance DnB and alternative

Reactions: Yamhead

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Weird music my ass. Look at my profile now and then and you'll know what weird music is ;P

In fact, the song currently there is called condom pancakes :D.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I only like fithyor grimey dubstep

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Well youtube it for yourself I'm too lazy:tongue: people think Hardstyle,Harddance, Trance and Progressive house is wired but I like it

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like dubstep, industrial (been listening to A HECK load of nine inch nails... I mean, just look at my profile pic), electro house, dance, and the occasional rock and metal, and I listen to classical music too! :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
You guys (and girls) definitely listen to some weird music. I'll offer up a weird (yet cool) remix video of White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts