Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a quote from the article I'm sourcing (there are numerous similar articles). I've often thought to myself that lives are like pebbles cast into the pond: they create little waves spreading out. Some people are like radio antennae, better tuned into the frequencies. Now this article gives just a little bit of substance to my idea. Tell me what you all think.

A remarkable new study claims that human brains are actually interconnected in a way that resembles Wi-Fi, which enables us to know more about people than we realize. Researchers at the Univerrsity of Sheffield claims that this interconnectedness plays a part in how we communicate with each other, as our brains are trying to pick up signals from other brains.

Scientists argue that this could explain our “gut feeling” or intuition when we have a bad feeling about a person but can’t put our finger on it. And it also may explain why we avoid eye contact in crowded situations, as the information would overload our brains.

Huge discovery about brains shocks scientists

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
yeah, it’s a no-brainer to me. shocked scientists: lol. Side effects of meditation include increased deja vus, dream symbols, synchronicities, etc. If everyone inthe world were just like me they too would admit it’s a no brainer. I am highly sensitive and agree that is what helps psychic information be more available.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Things can get in the way of us all being a little psychic. The one thing I see the most is that people absolutely revere rational thought above all else, while I believe our guts, bodies and hearts hold just as much information as our brains and I enjoy using them more at times.
If you only believe in rational thought you will not accept psychic insights as valid even if they come to you.
Another thing that can get in the way is many humans’ propensity to be insensitive, it is encouraged in the advancing world. In a world that values money,power, control, and rational thought, all those wonderful yin qualities of intuition and feeling are just brushed aside as irrelevant.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
This thread makes me happy, I love knowing that I have a "WiFi mind". xD

I definitely do get "gut feelings" about people all the time. Usually within 10 seconds of meeting a person, I'll know whether or not we will click in the long-term. I also tend to get "gut feelings" when people lie to me, and my gut feelings about this is usually accurate too because I'll often end up gathering some concrete evidence of them lying to me.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The physiology of the Empath trait.
When you think about something it triggers electrical activity in your brain. Neurons (special cells that relay information from the brain to the body's nervous system ) get activated through a very mild electric current. These neurons then activate other neurons, creating a chain reaction. Each thought follows a unique 'pathway' in the brain, called a 'Neuron pathway'. Scientists already know that the Neuron pathway varies, depending on the type of intellectual activity you’re doing.
All this electrical activity generates a magnetic field(which is true for all electrical currents). As Empaths, we are able to read and interpret this magnetic information. Our own brain translates these magnetic patterns into an emotion that we personally experience.
Think of it like having a portable MRI machine (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) in your brain. You can 'take pictures' of magnetic waves and translate them into something meaningful. Doctors use MRI scans to differentiate between sick and healthy cells. We use it to differentiate between emotional states.

An example of a 'physiological' reaction to emotion.
When someone is angry, there’s all kind of electrical and chemical reactions happening in their body (sweating, getting flustered, faster heart beat). All these changes trigger mild electrical currents that create a magnetic field around their physical body.
As an Empath, you are able to scan this magnetic information to “read” their state of mind: this person is angry. Although the pattern changes from one person to the next, Empaths are able to interpret it and translate it.

About human magnetic waves -

• They can go through solids (such as bones and walls) with very little loss. Which means that you can read people even if they are far away.
  • They are very very very weak and are often called “Subtle Energies”. They cannot harm you in anyway.
Reference: https://theempathway.weebly.com/what-is-an-empath.html

I believe we all have the ability to be sensitive to such things, but some do not exercise it. It is common for intuitive feelers in general to be sensitive to these types of energies. Naturally, INFJ is one of the most sensitive to such being that Ni searches for what is below the surface for that which is hidden and Fe is people oriented. The more someone leans on physical sensory and logic the less likely they would be to pay attention to subtle energy. For example, they may think of it as silly to entertain the thought that just because someone popped into their mind that they could be thinking of them and may write it off as illogical. I personally believe the sensitivity can be strengthened by way of exercise if people started paying more attention to subtle energies.

Reactions: pessimistic kid

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
yeah, it’s a no-brainer to me. shocked scientists: lol. Side effects of meditation include increased deja vus, dream symbols, synchronicities, etc. If everyone inthe world were just like me they too would admit it’s a no brainer. I am highly sensitive and agree that is what helps psychic information be more available.
i am very curious now--could you give an example of each of those? :redface-new:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I do believe there is a collective consciousness of the human mind that we are all tapped into to some extent. There’s a really good book I’m reading right now that talks about exactly this and I highly recommend it to you. It’s called Power vs. Force: the Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior by David R. Hawkins. I would tell you more but it’s kind of something you’ve gotta pick up and read, get into the flow of the book. It’s something I can’t casually talk about through a post in a forum. Good luck and happy reading!

Reactions: Love

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Granted I'm not an INFJ, but I am an ENFP and I disagree. My gut feeling about people is usually correct, even to complex perceptions based off the way someone walks past me on the street, but I can tell it's because I'm reading micro expressions and comparing patterns of behaviour-to-thought.

For example, if someone is trying to appear icy or distant, but I can read their cheeks are 1% more strained than they should be, it's fairly obvious the person is using a defense mechanism, and therefore they are probably shy but trying to appear calm. Therefore they care about making a good impression, and care about making friends, but are probably inexperienced in the situation that they are in, and from the clothes they are wearing they come from X background, and want to give off Y impression to others.. etc. etc. Therefore if I approach them in this certain manner, they'll probably lower their guard quite quickly.

It only takes 1 second to see all of that, and it's all just microexpressions and connecting the dots. Not even that hard really.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
In order to have a wifi, you need to have a sattelite as a medium. In order to transmit anything to you, the other person also need to have a wifi. Therefore Everyone has wifi mind. It just depends on the speed.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
i am very curious now--could you give an example of each of those? :redface-new:
sure can!
I had something synchronous happened yesterday when I was food shopping.
I had never seen the deli so busy and it took something like a half hour for the cutter of meat to even change the ‘being served’ number to the next one. I worked hard to not get upset, the store was packed and people were starting to get angry. Finally I ordered and went on my way, happy to be done with it, and a minute later a song came on the store radio (I forget exactly which title) about waiting waiting waiting, and I grinned. The song following that one was one I had been singing earlier in the day, and was delighted to hear again. So I breathed through the hard time and felt rewarded with a little synchronicity, which always feels like good energy to me, a nod that the universe appreciates my hard work or similar. it just feels good in so many ways to stay positive and calm!

An example of dream symbols… well I got into following my dreams years back when I was working too many hours and was exhausted on the weekend. Sometimes I felt like I slept right through the entire weekend. So I started keeping a journal next to the bed and had fun with writing down my dreams. I bumped into a dream analysis site online that I really liked, and started looking up things from my dreams. Now I keep an eye out, when I remember a dream, for symbols that stand out. The dreams with high emotional impact sometimes are warning me to stay alert of something, and I will sometimes dream I am late for school or work and later realize a bill sitting on my counter is going to be late if I don’t get it paid soon. Other dream symbols I’ve enjoyed exploring: pools, have had a lot of dreams of swimming and pools, which is fitting as I often explore my subconscious(that is a common analysis I’ve found of dreaming ofwater) A stormy dream that scares me often means to pay attention for something difficult that day. I dream about my fears sometimes, reminds me to confront those and work on those issues.

Above all I think it’s good to have fun with this stuff, and with dream analysis, it’s like horoscope reading: sometimes it’s quite fitting and even informative, other times it doesn’t fit at all and that’s ok, you just let those go.

to me deja vus are a lot like synchronicities as they occur much more frequently when I have been meditating regularly, than when not, and it is almost a ‘hello’ from what I feel may be a benevolent creator who just pops in to say I have heard you and I am here with you. You may interpret as you wish. feels like magic to me!

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
@StableSun35 thanks :tongues: i just fell asleep--unfortunately did not remember if i dreamt or not. I will try again tonight~
It sounds like you had always found symbols in dreams before meditation? I normally do not see them; in fact i would say i am rather drawn to it when i am awake.
I approach my dreams more by my feelings, and they generally feel the same as i feel in real life--a mirror reflection basically. But i think symbols are fun and would like to find them in dreams

Enjoyed your story =) i realize i go through that myself then. An example i have of the wifi thing is that my coincidences often connect me with people, particularly those i work with. I might say i dont always have something to talk about so this is usually what i get. I watch the same movie as someone, read what they read, even learn their language. I find out later on sometimes more than a few weeks later, after gaining the experience. Which can be a good thing as i can mull it over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts