Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 2 9.1%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think there is a possibility of any correlation between amount of will power and type whether it be more or less. This will be very person to person basis but it would be interesting to see any sort of a trend toward any type or temperament even.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I offer myself as the first sample of terrible will power. As long as it's in my head, I'm in control. Getting things done, I'm fine with. Forcing myself to do things I don't feel like, that hardly ever works. :dry:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It's not so narrow. There are several types of "will power" different types display proficiency at. Like, a lot of people are good at standing up for themselves and facing confrontation, but are subject to approval. While some people are immune to approval, but socially troubled. Others can diet, others cannot.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm not really good at doing the sort of Will Power that goes against my will:happy:

Reactions: penchant

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Apollo brings up some good points. In terms of will power as in doing what you are supposed to do because you gave your word or it is what is expected that you should do this--yeah, I'd say ISTJ, as they tend to do what is expected or die in the attempt. However, in terms of digging deep within yourself and doing what you think you should do because it makes sense to you and is right for you? (think dieting, quitting smoking, adhering to a specific, self-imposed regimen of behavior) Not an ISTJ trait. I would say while any type can do this, depending on the individual, and any type can fail at this, again depending on the individual, it would have to be ENFP FTW.

An ENFP has something inside of them that allows them to lock into a goal and forsaking everything else, zero in with laser like intensity to achieve that goal. That, coupled with their incredible talent for thinking of outside of the box solutions to problems, these guys and gals are simply unstoppable in making sure what is important to them, happens.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I can be very successful in achieving things I've never even felt like doing. In fact I get off on challenges. I have iron will. BRING IT ON. :crazy:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I have very strong will power and self motivations that I tell myself I can do anything. If I fail I try try again and never give up.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I have very strong will power and self motivations that I tell myself I can do anything. If I fail I try try again and never give up.

Yes. This. ^^

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it...

You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much can you take and keep moving forward? That's how winning is done.

If you know what you're worth, Go out and Get What Your Worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that."
These words are imprinted on my soul.

Reactions: Modal Soul and niss

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
ENFP's have will power? this is new to me.
That's because you are an ISTP and we tend to lose control when we're around you people. It's your fault. :unsure:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
ENFP's have will power? this is new to me.
If you view will power as being rigid and unyielding, then yeah they don't seem likely. But if you view will power as the ability to stick it out, come what may--to take a massive body blow to their psyche and keep on coming--then the ENFP is your huckleberry.

Most of us only get to see the nice and friendly exterior side of the ENFP. That nice side is what they present to the world--even when they are getting battered pretty badly. But the ENFP inner world is something else. It is filled with the idea of what is possible--and the ENFP believes almost anything is possible. So that inner world has a core of metal that is malleable enough to bend, but strong enough never to fatigue or break. Where most types will focus on the short term confrontation and view it as the battle to be fought, the ENFP keeps their eye on the bigger picture and are out to win the war--regardless of how the battle went.

Their will power is not the rigid and brittle non-bending SJ type of will power. Theirs is a willing to compromise to achieve their ultimate goal. Resilient is how I would describe it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Not an ENFP but I do this too. I get really really stubborn if I can't do something and keep at it til either I break or the thing breaks. Once I've achieved said thing, however, I can just drop it and let it slide. It's not interesting or a challenge anymore ...

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
If nothing else the ISTJ gets an "A" for effort in what they do. The push for perfection or idealism is at the root of it. Most ISTJ's are score heavily in the enneagram type 1 which makes sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts