1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
aww, i didn't get a valentine

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I have totally been able to relate to that. "I'd give anything if [name of the guy I was obsessing over] had given me a Valentine." Yeah, I think I have said that almost every year. *sigh*

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I certainly thought so. Just so we're clear though, I'd totally do the chick in your avatar too.
Awe, Glad one person thinks I'm attractive. :blushed:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I used to celebrate Valentine's Day by sitting around by myself drawing depressing pictures about being lonely. I have only celebrated one Valentine's Day with a mate, and even that was lame. It was the first time I ever had a boyfriend, and I didn't know quite how to approach it. I decided to get him a first edition copy of a collectible book that I knew he wanted. I went out of town to find it and spent a lot of money on it. When he unwrapped it, he seemed kind of weirded out instead of happy. It was horror fiction and it didn't occur to me until afterward that it might have sent the wrong message. What I meant for it to say was "I care about you as a unique individual. I value your interests and want to please you by supporting them." What it probably actually said was "I'm creepy and I want to kill you." He gave me a bouquet of roses. I took it to mean "I'm not creative enough to think of anything personal or meaningful to do, so I just did the traditional thing in case you expect it and might get mad at me for not doing it". What he meant for it to say was probably more along the lines of "I'm trying to be romantic, and I thought about you enough to remember what day it was. See? I think about you." There was some kind of two-way communication failure. I hate the idea of Valentine's Day anyhow because it takes all of the spontaneity and romance out of the act of showing affection through symbolic objects or actions, which is something that would usually be pleasurable if it didn't feel expected or forced.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Happy Valentines day all. At least we can all be miserable here at Personality Cafe! :tongue:

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Haha. People put no on the will you be my valentine poll. XD

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Happy Valentines day all. At least we can all be miserable here at Personality Cafe! :tongue:
company for my misery :crazy:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I just came back from the Gym. There were people selling flowers in every corner. Lots of them were left so I don't think I'm the only SAD person out there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts