Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the strength of your will have an impact on your life? Would you say it drives you to make your desires a reality?

I thought I'd ask this here, since 8s seem to be the type most driven by sheer force of will; this trait is now manifesting itself in me, more and more, with each passing day. It's like a mental spur, pointing me to what I want, showing me how to get it, and never resting until I do. I imagine willpower manifests itself differently between sevens and eights, but I want to know exactly how this "spur of destiny" shows itself in each of you. How each and every day, the power of will drives you to bring your innermost desires closer and closer to realization.

Have at you!

·
Registered
223 Posts
it made me smile to myself when i read your post. first you talked of will and then about the spur of destiny. the reason i was smiling was that in my life, willpower helped me do whatever it was, despite what appeared 'to be destined' for me! willpower helped to sort snatch back control and agency for my life.

my mother used to keep telling me it was pointless to keep banging my head against metaphoric brick walls. i always never got that way of thinking: to me, if you keep banging your head, the wall will yield to your sheer bloodymindedness or will at least weaken so the next person who comes a-banging will succeed.

when i think of my past, it was sheer bloodymindedness that helped me surface from depressions, get into HIV counselling, go chasing after ideals, and live my politics. these each happened at different ages, where the only common denominator was that there was a lot of social opposition to what i wanted to do or how i wanted to do it. the willpower i drew on helped to keep at very difficult things, and to support the fire inside that drove me to do these things. i've found that my intensity cannot really thrive without my bloodymindedness. it's a being possessed by the need to do something because of this absolute conviction, the strength of which means social approval, conventions, and stuff like them, don't matter a damn.

ETA: but i've been wondering of late if willpower hasn't been associating more with patience than conviction as i grow older. i seem to be using my bloodymindedness more to withstand stuff than to assert stuff these last few years.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
It has been the fuel that has gotten me over many hurdles in my life. To be completely honest...I feel most alive whenever I encounter situations that causes me to engage my willpower. It's like electricity is running through my veins propelling me and charging me to proceed full steam ahead.

I feel vibrant, enthusiastic and filled with vigor and vitality when my willpower is fully engaged. I have found in my life that everything that I have truly set my mind to do I have done it. In those moments I feel totally passionate, invincible, and unstoppable. It consumes me and I feel most like myself when something triggers this part of my being.

It's like being high on life. And, just like being high on anything once the goal is achieve it drops me like a hot potato and the void and emptiness leave me feeling lifeless until I find something else to sink my teeth into.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's like being high on life. And, just like being high on anything once the goal is achieve it drops me like a hot potato and the void and emptiness leave me feeling lifeless until I find something else to sink my teeth into.
Sounds awfully like sex. Hot, steamy, intense sex. :tongue:

On a more serious note, does that willpower stay on a lot if you have to do long term, mundane and annoying tasks that you don't particularly like? Or does it fizzle but pulls you through in the end?

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Sounds awfully like sex. Hot, steamy, intense sex. :tongue:

On a more serious note, does that willpower stay on a lot if you have to do long term, mundane and annoying tasks that you don't particularly like? Or does it fizzle but pulls you through in the end?
LMAO! I guess it does sound that way after re-reading it. Too funny. Yes, my willpower will stay for the long haul and any mundane and annoying tasks that are required to reach achievement. I will push myself through it and make myself do whatever is necessary to get what I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts