Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference, I'm definitely a Type 7, but not sure on the wings.

How would one differentiate a w8 with a w6 counterphobic?

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
It's unnecessary to add a counterphobic/phobic line to a wing. (Phobic and Counterphobic apply to type 6). And again, wings are not "two types put together", it's the focus of your main type.

Merely the difference between w8 and w6 will suffice.

7w6s are more personable, and excitable over the 7w8. 7w6s are more fantasy motivated, and are actually considered Peter Pan-ish. Manic, excitable and easily to "arouse" a 7w6. Moodswings.

7w8s are harder, and more "badboy/girl". They are more grounded than a 7w6, they don't have the overzeal possibility mind a w6 would have. They value freedom over likability, they assume people don't like them. Less moody, but far more explosive.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's unnecessary to add a counterphobic/phobic line to a wing. (Phobic and Counterphobic apply to type 6). And again, wings are not "two types put together", it's the focus of your main type.

Merely the difference between w8 and w6 will suffice.

7w6s are more personable, and excitable over the 7w8. 7w6s are more fantasy motivated, and are actually considered Peter Pan-ish. Manic, excitable and easily to "arouse" a 7w6. Moodswings.

7w8s are harder, and more "badboy/girl". They are more grounded than a 7w6, they don't have the overzeal possibility mind a w6 would have. They value freedom over likability, they assume people don't like them. Less moody, but far more explosive.
OK, good clarification. I don't see myself as "hard" or a "bad girl" (though others beg to differ), but I'm very realistic, and freedom is #1 to me.

And it's pretty hard to emotionally affect me, I do have a long fuse. But then again, I believe in the importance of appearing likeable in order to achieve goals. So it's still not so clear cut.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
This is why I know I'm a 6 and not a 7. I am definitely counterphobic. My wing is 7 however. And I'm all about freedom.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you looked at 3w4 as a possibility?

But going on your posting style, and your reply, I'd put 7w6.
3w4 describes me quite well, but my need for freedom outweighs it.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Freedom over Success.

Not one to sell yourself.

7 then, heh.

Freedom is a constant for me, my actions are not driven by it. Changing the outside != the inside. If I'm selling myself, it is because I desire something, I don't feel that it would impart freedom.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
3w4 describes me quite well, but my need for freedom outweighs it.
I want freedom from any type of authority or rule. No one is the boss over me.

What do you want freedom from?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Freedom over Success.

Not one to sell yourself.

7 then, heh.

Freedom is a constant for me, my actions are not driven by it. Changing the outside != the inside. If I'm selling myself, it is because I desire something, I don't feel that it would impart freedom.
When I speak of freedom, I also mean the freedom to "sell myself" in order to reach a goal or to get something. I do nothing unless I want to, and I have very good reasons for doing what I do.

I decide whether it's worth it or not to "sell" myself...will the benefit outweight the cost? and all that.

And it's a pretty tough call...success versus freedom. I'd say that with success would come freedom, in my definition. Of course I want to have it all and be #1, doesn't everyone? Which also includes the ability to be the master of my own destiny, as I'll have the resources to do so.

And then perhaps it's a symptom of being a 7, but soon as I master something (or determine that it can't be done), I move onto something else that I know I can make my mark with.

For instance, I majored in Accounting hell-bent on the idea of becoming a CPA partner, becoming a CFO, and wind up bathing in Evian and spending my weekends racing $200K sportscars for fun, but when I realized that I'm NOT doing well in Accounting, I've decided to cut my losses and take on another route that I know that I'll actually dominate, rather than just ending up mediocre and average. Plus, I've realized that what I crave more is experience (ziplining, volunteering in Africa working with cheetahs, surfing Teahupoo, dogsled racing, etc) and pure achievement (being intelligent, being an extraordinary and highly known and regarded writer, etc) rather than just having a bunch of toys that I'll tire of eventually.

Hm. Enneagram's much more complicated than MBTI it seems. But going by my limited knowledge, I'm suspecting 7w6.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want freedom from any type of authority or rule. No one is the boss over me.

What do you want freedom from?
Freedom from deficiency, inferiority, subservience, material lacking, and from anybody/thing who holds me back from doing what I want or pursuing what I wish to pursue.

My mother was an EXTREME 6, and the constriction and paranoia and neediness was unbearable for me. I've even had a lot of invention ideas shot down due to her idea of "risk"...ideas that I now see selling in stores. :bored:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm a CP 6w7 sx. For the longest time I thought I was a 8w7 but wasn't sure. 6s are generally more self-conscious, self-aware and care what people think about them. 8s seem to not care what people think but are still aware of people's opinions of them

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Freedom from deficiency, inferiority, subservience, material lacking, and from anybody/thing who holds me back from doing what I want or pursuing what I wish to pursue.

My mother was an EXTREME 6, and the constriction and paranoia and neediness was unbearable for me. I've even had a lot of invention ideas shot down due to her idea of "risk"...ideas that I now see selling in stores. :bored:
My mother is a freaky phobic 6 and we are polar opposites. No one gets to me like her. I can't relate to her thought process. I go for things and try anything new and she is paralyzed in fear and very negative.

I'm a CP 6w7 sx. For the longest time I thought I was a 8w7 but wasn't sure. 6s are generally more self-conscious, self-aware and care what people think about them.
I'm a CP 6w7 sx/so as well and I don't care what you think of me. But maybe that is how my counter phobia works? :unsure: Damn, I'm neurotic. :mellow:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm a CP 6w7 sx/so as well and I don't care what you think of me. But maybe that is how my counter phobia works? :unsure: Damn, I'm neurotic. :mellow:[/QUOTE]

Notice I used the word GENERALLY and that I'm also comparing the 6 to the 8.

·
Registered
213 Posts
A 7wcp6 will be somewhere between a 7wp6 and a 7w8. They are about as angry as a 7w8, but much less driven. They are unlikely to seek control, but nor are they rule-followers. They are similar to standard 7 descriptions, but more emotional and reactive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts