Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Mark Twain:

Twenty years from now you will be disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

And, Oscar Wilde:

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.

·
Registered
417 Posts
"Sometimes the majority means all the fools are on the same side."

I also always liked the idea of thinking about my 100-year-old self sitting on a rocker on a porch, giving advice to me as I am now.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
"We ought to do good to others as simply as a horse runs, or a bee makes honey, or a vine bears grapes season after season without thinking of the grapes it has borne."

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away."

-Marcus Aurelius

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
"It takes a smart person to realize that they are actually stupid".

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Reactions: mastervule

·
Registered
163 Posts
I no longer try to change outer things. They are simply a reflection. I change my inner perception and the outer reveals the beauty so long obscured by my own attitude. I concentrate on my inner vision and find my outer view transformed. —Daily Word

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Some quotes from Thucydides:

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power; the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."

"There is no advantage in reflections on the past further than may be of service to the present. For the future we must provide by maintaining what the present gives us and redoubling our efforts."

"Speculation is carried on in safety, but when it comes to action, fear causes failure."

"It is frequently a misfortune to have very brilliant men in charge of affairs. They expect too much of ordinary men."

"I think the two things most opposed to good counsel are haste and passion; haste usually goes hand in hand with folly, passion with coarseness and narrowness of mind."

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand."

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”

“Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being.”

“If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.”

“I am ignorant of absolute truth. But I am humble before my ignorance and therein lies my honor and my reward.”

“Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.”

-Kahlil Gibran

1 - 20 of 20 Posts