1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-did my Enneagram.

You are a Type 6 with a 5 wing: "The Defender"

Your trifix is 6w5, 1w2, 4w5.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 6 with a 5 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Five wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the cerebral nature of the Type Five. As a result, you often excel at concrete thinking and troubleshooting.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 1 with a 2 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the noblest type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Type Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type Four. You are a Type One with a Two wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the helpful nature of a Type Two. This makes you naturally inclined to advocate on behalf of other people, and the welfare of others is probably an important part of your worldview.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 4 with a 5 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Five wing, which means that the individualist nature of a Four combines with the cerebral nature of a Five to make you one of the most creative types in the Enneagram.

Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

I'm a photographer. But I find that this Enneagram fits my personality the best. The life experiences do change your outlook on life and as a result your enneagram will change. I am highly defensive of my family. Cross them, you cross me...and my Narc side will beat your ass to within an inch of your life. My argument there is "YOU DARE TO THREATEN THE SANCTITY OF MY HOME & FAMILY - YOU ARE SOOO DEAD!" :angry: Security is my strongest desire out of life: the security and the safety of my family. And anyone that infringes upon that is pretty much asking for trouble. I WILL DESTROY them. And despite what it says about "moralistic"...I can become pretty amoral when it comes to defending my family. I am a perfectionist in my work. I'm self-critical and I have high principles, but all that goes out the window if I'm defending my family and their well-being.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
You superficially sound more like a type 1.
Some sixes do, I know I mistyped as one before. To be precise, as: type 4, type 5, type 9, type 1

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess, it's probably because I have a strong 1w2 secondary. But ultimately if safety and security isn't there, that's when I feel the most uncomfortable, so I can say that I am a strong 6w5.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I guess, it's probably because I have a strong 1w2 secondary. But ultimately if safety and security isn't there, that's when I feel the most uncomfortable, so I can say that I am a strong 6w5.
Actually, type 1 of the self-preservation subtype is one of the types most (if not the most) focused safety. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding this, "safety paranoia" is by no means exclusive to one type.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To tell you the truth, Inguz, you have a problem with me typing as INFJ and now you have a problem with me typing as an Enneagram 6w5. How about you try and go wander off somewhere else.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
To tell you the truth, Inguz, you have a problem with me typing as INFJ and now you have a problem with me typing as an Enneagram 6w5. How about you try and go wander off somewhere else.
You could at least quote me or add an @ before my name so that I will get notified.

In the INFJ thread it was because you criticized someone first that I felt made it ok. Here it was because I simply saw more of 1 than 6. I didn't mean to offend, the general jargon here in the 6 subforum is respectful yet very accepting of open discussions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Couple of things here...

1) Just for purposes of clarity for others (not trying to change your mind about your personal experience), I would like to point out that the overwhelming majority of teachers and practitioners of the Enneagram instruct that our types do not change with life experience (though some have entertained that changes could hypothetically be possible, though only in exceptionally stunning traumatic events). Some have even advocated that certain parts, or even possibly all, of your type are with you from birth, so in that case, life experience definitely would have no effect on your type. Your very much going against the widely-held principles of the Enneagram by advocating that Enneagram types can change. Just so's you know...

As a side note - I think of it this way: our earliest fixation is to our ego as grit is to a pearl. Just like a pearl is formed around grit, our ego identity/personality type is formed as a result of years of habitual "layers" being formed around a fixation. Just as a pearl will always be with the oyster, so will our personality always be with us. It might change color some due to outside influences, but it's still the same pearl.

2) An SP-first One is widely regarded as one of the most anxious types out there - constantly looking become the perfect survivalist, an effort which I can imagine to be definitely fraught with tension. Not saying your a One, but it's an interesting correlation to point out.

3) For what it's worth, going by the tone of your post, you definitely sound like your coming from the body/gut triad. The absolutism, the certainty, the aggressiveness all strike me as a body type. Sixes are the skeptics and the questioners. I think it's rare to see a Six make such concrete and definitive statements, since sixes hate to hold any firm stance that could get them in trouble. And I would also venture to say that sixes aren't particularly comfortable with amorality or throwing out their principles, regardless the situation. Not that they won't do it, mind you, but they might not be too free in talking about it, either. They are one of the three Superego types, and Superegos in general are not particularly comfortable with amoral stances. Eights, on the other hand, are vociferously less interested in "morals" and more interested in providing protection for themselves and those they care about. Not saying your not a Six, but your tone definitely doesn't look particularly six-ish to me, either, and thought, since your looking, you might be interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts