Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still sorta trying to figure out my personality type, but I'm currently thinking it's probably ENTJ. I'm wondering, what common feature do those you surround yourself with have?

For example, for me, the people I surround myself with are those who possess abilities I need to develop. I surround myself (without even really trying to do so) with people who act as advisors. I have an INFJ for the way emotions work in other people and to help interpret the more puzzling emotions, plus an INTP and ENTP for other things.

Do you guys also tend to choose friends by their potential as advisors when you take over the world?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I enjoy the company of people with large goals, ambitions, and lots of motivational energy :)

Intellectuals, entrepreneurs, go-getters = A+

Unmotivated, unorganized, directionless = preconceived judgments :p

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I keep people that I like. Some I keep for their good influences, and it's not mutually exclusive, but I think of them more like colleague-friend than friend-friend. More of mutual respect than liking the idea of sitting in a cozy coffeeshop somewhere talking about nothing in particular.

Reactions: 007phantom

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm still sorta trying to figure out my personality type, but I'm currently thinking it's probably ENTJ. I'm wondering, what common feature do those you surround yourself with have?

Do you guys also tend to choose friends by their potential as advisors when you take over the world?
The common theme between anyone I choose to associate with is that they are all exceedingly independent and intelligent, are capable of challenging my preconceptions about things and have me question theirs.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My circle of friends has approximately 20 people and about 10 more who occasionally join in. There's so much diversity that it's probably safer to just say that I like being in the company of good people.

And yes, my circle of friends is THAT big. We form a huge crowd when we walk around.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Ok, I wouldn't say that I categorise people who are around me based on pre-set categories. Personally it's just a little too narcissistic or immature IMO for you to say "Yeah this is the category based on how I choose my friends, if you don't suit it, you failed the interview."

In my experience, the best friends arise from spontaneity. All my real friends are people who I've met by accident, totally unplanned, and who I've just clicked with. They range from ENFPs to ISTJs to INTPs, in terms of MBTI. It just so happens that X introduced me to Y, or I happened to be with A at a certain time or whatever. I've made friends by bumming a smoke off someone. Although most of my friends TEND to be NFs.

For me, the process of finding a friend is like empirical science. You take a subject (anyone) and the more time you spend with them the more evident it is whether you're going to be their friend or not. Then after time, I either spread away from them, or become only more close.

I couldn't describe the people with whom I surround myselves. Generally I find the only common thing there is to be found is a sense of humour. Also a lot of my long-term friends appear to be intuitors, but I can hardly say that is an intended prejudice. My oldest and one of my closest friends is an STP, after all.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I surround myself with people who bring something to table. I like my friends to be of substance both personality wise and career wise. It also helps if they are in a different field than my own: friend in marketing, friend in accounting, friend in health care, etc. It almost makes me feel well rounded knowing I have a diverse set of expertise in my circle of friends.

I also like friends who I can have intellectual conversations with - one that sets the bar a little higher than just floating through life.

For example, I almost died when someone asked me, "hey, whats this recession thing all about" about 6 months after it happened. Its like - good god, where have you been for the last half a year?

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
My best friend is an ENTJ. We have few things in common. We have huge ambition and working hard to achieve our goals, we both hate ordinary life, and we like to enjoy our free time by surrounding ourselves with comfortable things.

Our favorite hang out is having intellectual discussion in a fine restaurant or coffee shop. :tongue:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Intellectuals who are also creative and enterprenurial.

I love talking with people who are think outside the box. With whom
I can share ideas and they say Great lets do it.
Also I like a few people who can challenge or rather improve my ideas
by adding on to.

If I say we are going to march south to reach our destination,
and someone sais how about we march south and on the way stop
at this location to get more supplies on the way. Well then you are soo
in my team.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.