Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I've noticed about myself as of late (not sure if it is in regards to you), but anyway:

I'm territorial. Like if someone gets too close to me, my first reaction is to suplex them to the ground. Luckily, I am a zen master so it doesn't happen that often.

And if someone starts sniffing around, too. You know? When somebody starts asking deeply personal questions, I get red in the face. I refuse to give people leverage or fuel the rumor machine--I learned this lesson the hard way.

Is this supposed to be an ISTP trait?
Or am I just weird or something?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I've always been territorial, but I also respect the territory of others. Respect my space, home, woman and car. Otherwise, I'll force feed you your testicles.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
I'm certainly territorial. I have my own little space and no one else may enter. I do not share rooms, apartments, or personal space (if I can help it) except by my generosity. No need for me to suplex anyone else, though; I just tell them bluntly to leave.

I don't have that many deeply personal things; I do become peevish if there's something I don't feel like talking about at that time, however, and it's the same reaction--I tell that person to stop.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, I do that, too.

99% of the time I'm annoyed with prying, personal questions, for example. So I either tell the asking person to stfu or make up random, elaborate stuff, the latter being much more fun, especially when 2 people I did this to meet and start talking about me. Just yesterday two colleagues got back to me independently of each other and said 'You didn't tell me X about yourself!', being all gushy and excited... They had passed over the random stuff I told them to each other and created this whole new, ridicoulus character out of that without once stopping and going 'Hey. Whait a minute. He's fucking with us, isn't he?'...

That's what straightfaced, deadpan delivery gets you.

I also intensely dislike people touching my belongings without asking first. The kind of person you take to your apartment for the first time and they immediately start taking books of the shelfes, touching random stuff and playing around with everything...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I refuse to give people leverage or fuel the rumor machine--I learned this lesson the hard way.
I think this "learned the hard way" also helps to this type of behavior. I refuse to tell people stuff mainly because I've had that many bad experiences.
I also don't like people spending time around my place, my office etc. I can go to their place or somewhere neutral, but I dislike them hanging around my territory. Probably because I know when to leave whereas they don't.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I cant even stand when someone is 9 inches or closer to me. I am not fond of their nasty stank, nor their breath on my skin. It's like I have to be surrounded by fresh air 24/7 or I'd flip shit. Dont get me started when I'm waiting on a line... anywhere.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I'm territorial to a fault, literally and figuratively.

I've devoted most of my life to keeping people away from me and off my property. Guns are illegal where I live, so I've had to use a variety of other things as deterrents. It's a constant chore and it gets more stressful as time goes on.

Personal questions are equally invasive. It's worse for me IRL because I have a nervous disorder that flares up whenever I feel trapped or outraged, and that's how I feel when people put me under their microscope, or when they expect me to behave a certain way.

Very low tolerance for that type of thing.

Is this supposed to be an ISTP trait?
Or am I just weird or something?
More so for ISTP type 6, I believe.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I cant even stand when someone is 9 inches or closer to me. I am not fond of their nasty stank, nor their breath on my skin. It's like I have to be surrounded by fresh air 24/7 or I'd flip shit. Dont get me started when I'm waiting on a line... anywhere.
YES! Fuck lines!

Reactions: n2freedom

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Yes very territorial.
I.don't like people using my phone or laptop or hanging out in my room. I dont like visitors who weren't invited. I haate unexpected visits. I don't like new people being introduced until my circle.

Reactions: teabox and U-80

·
Registered
354 Posts
I refuse to car-pool anywhere. I need to be able to go where I want to and leave when I want to.
Same here. Or I have to drive so I can threaten to leave people behind if they don't come.

I also hate walking with a group of people. I naturally go to the front of the pack then I feel constrained when they don't walk as fast as I do. It's like an invisible leash. -_-

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Gee, I just love you guys!! *sighs* I agree with most of what was written here. Respect me and my property. I am very aggressive about my personal space, belongings, and boundaries.

And, whoever said it about the lines....don't get me started. I hate it when people invade my personal space. Also, hate it when people are touchy feely and I don't know them like that. Yuck!

I guess I need to start pissing as Erbse suggested. LOL!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I also intensely dislike people touching my belongings without asking first. The kind of person you take to your apartment for the first time and they immediately start taking books of the shelfes, touching random stuff and playing around with everything...
I do this. I'm surprisingly handsy for an intuitive, I guess. I like to experience the way things look and feel and smell and sound and taste.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Strange that the woman never knows what I'm doing when I urinate inside her.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts