Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are known to be sensitive, romantic, idealistic, and willing to go the whole 9 yards to please the ones we like or love. Because of this, womanizers, players, and manwh0res make us their biggest targets. This also goes for the male INFPs who are continually stepped on by female (or male if bi/gay) players. We are also known to be weak (PLEASE!) to such people, and they will gladly take advantage of us and then leave us in the dust, or at the very least, abuse us or cheat on us. Because we "deserve" it for being who we are. They say and do the right things and we eat it up, not knowing they aren't genuine.

How do you deal with such low lives? Any heartbreaking experiences?

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Can't say I agree.

Womanizers don't look for characteristics, they also like challenges, strokes their egos. So if an INFP is, as you say, easy to get because of the reasons you mentioned, they won't see it as a challenge.

Womanizers like hot women and think they can get anyone, so they won't limit themselves to one type of girl. Extra points if she's popular or high up in the social chain. Makes him (or in rare cases her) look better.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't say I agree.

Womanizers don't look for characteristics, they also like challenges, strokes their egos. So if an INFP is, as you say, easy to get because of the reasons you mentioned, they won't see it as a challenge.

Womanizers like hot women and think they can get anyone, so they won't limit themselves to one type of girl. Extra points if she's popular or high up in the social chain. Makes him (or in rare cases her) look better.
If they want a challenge, then yes, I agree with the type of girl they would chase after.
I was talking about when they want an easier and weaker target... Then it could be either us or the INFJs.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
If they want a challenge, then yes, I agree with the type of girl they would chase after.
I was talking about when they want an easier and weaker target... Then it could be either us or the INFJs.
I'd go for an ESFP, ISFJ or ISFP.

INFPs and INFJs seem cold at first and too mature. They're more the type to stop someone from being a womanizer.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

INFPs and INFJs seem cold at first and too mature. They're more the type to stop someone from being a womanizer.
Maybe the ones who are smart about who the players are and how to spot one... But for those who can't or haven't experienced by being hurt by one... :dry:

Anyway, I don't personally know any ENTJs who would be interested in us, even just to play with our feelings. :crazy:

But thank you anyway for your input!

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
I know when I'm dealing with a womanizer of some sort. Thing is, I'm so gentle loving and giving, all I want to do is help everyone by giving them what they want (within reason, I mean I wouldn't kill someone for someone). If I am being used by a man in a relationship, I knew before it began that he was going to do that with me.
It's fine as long as I am not in danger. Seeing others happy and enjoying their life is all that is important to me.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I'm outwardly spontaneous and I appear 'flighty' sometimes..but people who know me well enough are aware that I am very value oriented and observant at the core. I used to be taken advantage of easily because I've been sensitive and I get guilty easily, but now I'm firmer.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm sorry, but I can't say I agree, either, that, in general, INFPs are that naïve and, consequently, "targets" for these kinds of people. If anything, I think you make yourself a target by focusing on what you want to see rather than being a little more realistic. And I think this can happen to anyone, especially if there's something you want to see badly enough, so I don't see it as being specifically an INFx weakness.

I have not had an experience like the one(s) described, so I can't be of much help. It just seems to me like the only solution is to "live and learn," and have a little more respect for yourself. You deserve better.

(My apologies, really, if I've offended anyone. I didn't mean any of this to sound harsh or cruel. I just felt like it needed to be said.)

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Lol, I think it's our tendency to be outwardly fiercely value oriented when we feel like it.

INFP's who haven't had strong sense of self could get confused and guilty easily, and players would play indirect manipulative guilt trips.

INFP's with strong sense of self might go along at first just to test the waters (we won't be naive though, thanks to instincts)..but when a player starts to show more of his/her true colors...watch out :crazy:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I can only speak for myself, but I am NOT an easy target. Not by a long shot. I give one guy a chance like, once a year, if that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love my type, but sometimes I feel like INFPs are too idealistic (which, yeah, duh, we're the idealists) and are very good at forcing themselves to ignore objective evidence of anything contradicting their worldview. I sometimes catch myself doing it, but I've learned to critique my thoughts to make sure they're not totally irrational. I think that this is a valuable skill, and all INFPs (or any F type, really, but especially INFPs) should work on it.

Maybe we should try to be less idealistic :tongue:

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

I have to agree. I've seen the "womanizer" types try it with me and then get this look on their face like it's futile and just stop talking to me completely. I guess there is a difference between someone who is a womanizer and someone who is just an ass and screws you over. :/ I think INFPs are prone to letting it happen for too long, though.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
We are known to be sensitive, romantic, idealistic, and willing to go the whole 9 yards to please the ones we like or love. Because of this, womanizers, players, and manwh0res make us their biggest targets. This also goes for the male INFPs who are continually stepped on by female (or male if bi/gay) players. We are also known to be weak (PLEASE!) to such people, and they will gladly take advantage of us and then leave us in the dust, or at the very least, abuse us or cheat on us. Because we "deserve" it for being who we are. They say and do the right things and we eat it up, not knowing they aren't genuine.

If you give me a couple of years I'll write you a book about it.

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I feel the exact opposite - my Fi is a BS detector for these guys, and my ideals are removed enough from the external that player types have no idea how to play on them (ie. I'm not the "typical" woman). I tend to repel these types because I see right through them (and they repel me).

I don't see being a target for manipulative people as being INFP at all. My ideals of right & wrong will trounce any desire to be kind to people. People do NOT walk on me, because I don't see them as having any right to. If I should be kind to them, they they should be kind to me. It is kind to NO ONE to allow harmful behavior to anyone, including myself. Allowing someone to treat me badly is allowing a human to be treated badly; I am not exempt from my ideals.

I don't see the purpose of my existence to be serving others either, so I can't relate to other INFPs who say they do whatever to please others & just want to see them happy. That would not make me happy because it violates my ideals, which include my own rights/needs as a person. If I exist for anything, it is to serve the purpose of GOODNESS, not a flawed human.

Quite frankly, such an attitude reminds me of an ISFJ (although they certainly can have backbone & may not fall into this category either). My ISFJ mom says when she was young she'd do whatever my dad wanted because she didn't know what she wanted outside of making him happy & keeping peace. I do NOT relate to that.

If I've come anywhere close to the OP, it has been through pity dating, which is a different way of having emotions played on. Let me emphasize that I have never pity-dated past 2 dates, because the reason I allowed myself to be sympathetic came out of a tendency to give people the benefit of the doubt, since I saw these guys as people who get written off unfairly. Once the doubt is removed, then I feel comfortable to judge someone according to my standards & what I need/want in a partner. I am not so naive as to make excuses for bad or unattractive behavior in others, so as to allow it to harm me and step on my values.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Womanizers don't like me, I'm not fake and trashy enough. :tongue:

I'd hate to be trapped in a situation with one, but I don't think that could ever happen... I can smell insincerity from a mile away.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Couldn't this maturity be seen as a challenge though, which would prompt them to try and 'score'?
Not saying that they would be successful though.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts

And they are EVERYWHERE we go. The flies will come where they smell the sweetest honey and we are sweet honey. I know I have attracted that kind my entire life. I can see through them pretty fast and kick them out even faster.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts