Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Click bait title, kinda" This thread is not limited to a sex, gender or MBTI.

This thread is specifically about HEAD HAIR. (hairstyles?)

Question 1
Do you even care about hair?

Question 2
Do you rather one length over another? "I have often heard long hair is seen as more attractive"

Question 3
What about type of hair, do you rather curly, straight, other... and say why

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You forgot color! any preferences?
I left the question of colour out so people can decide if it matters and include it in their reply if they want.

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
That is discriminatory and close minded. I am of the belief that Keratin is fluid:

^ See? Fluid.

And thus open to all it's forms of headwear, be it hair, feathers, horns, quills or hooves.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Question 1

Question 2
Do you rather one length over another? "I have often heard long hair is seen as more attractive"

Question 3
Q1. Yes, I care that it should be clean and healthy.
Q2. Slight preference for longer hairstyles on both men and women, but more important is weather the cut suits their face.
Q3. Slight preference for dark curly hair. I don't why really. Probably ingrained that way by my culture and early childhood experiences. Folk songs from my culture would always talk about beauty as a white face and black eyes, and when I was young that is what i wanted to look like. Nowadays I have learned to appreciate people in all the ways that they can be beautiful, and when looking at a face I try to find features that I enjoy.

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
It can be a nice perk, but it's not a requirement. I didn't marry a man with the sort of hair I'm most attracted to (I like thick and black. His is brown and slightly balding), but that would have been a terribly superficial thing to go off of.

I think the pickiest/pettiest I've been in that area has been my aversion to blond hair. Guys having blond hair has seriously been a factor in whether I was attracted to them or not. I'm a brunette, my family is almost entirely brunette, so blond has just never been my thing.

Reactions: NeonMidget

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3
-i don't care that much about hair but a nice head of hair can definitely be an asset.
-I like longer hair on women, though some do look great with short or shorter hair, but generally i think most women look more attractive with longer hair. on men i prefer short or shorter hair. long hair can look great on a guy but generally i just prefer shorter.
-i like straight or wavy hair. when i see really curly hair i just imagine how it would look straight. not that it can't look good on some people, but in general i prefer less curly.
-colors, i like all of them but my favorite on guys is probably like a dark brown and on women i like blonde the best, red is pretty too on both men and women, but i think most importantly the color should go with their skin tone or else i think it just looks bad.

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
It can be a nice perk, but it's not a requirement. I didn't marry a man with the sort of hair I'm most attracted to (I like thick and black. His is brown and slightly balding), but that would have been a terribly superficial thing to go off of.

I think the pickiest/pettiest I've been in that area has been my aversion to blond hair. Guys having blond hair has seriously been a factor in whether I was attracted to them or not. I'm a brunette, my family is almost entirely brunette, so blond has just never been my thing.
That's interesting. For me it works the other way around:

I see someone else with thick curly black hair and my mind starts calculating "chance of incest: How likely we are to be too closely related for comfort?". The hair colors that aren't as common in my family - blondes and redheads - are a lot more attractive to me. Even within brunettes I prefer it to be a different sort, like brunettes of a smoother rather then curly hair texture.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,079 Posts

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3
1. Yep.

2. I find shorter - medium length hairstyles really cute and attractive on women. While medium-longer hair is pretty awesome when it's on a man. Depends what compliments their face really.

3. Straight or wavy usually. Some thickness to it. I tend to like darker colors but I don't really mind, though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have preferences but overall I don't really care. I've been attracted to a skin head once so it's not really that important as long as the girl is attractive.

If I had to say, my #1 favorite style is a brunette with long straight hairs that go down to her butt. I also have a thing for bangs, not many girls have them but I love bangs.

·
Registered
822 Posts
1- Yes
2- I don't find very short hair attractive in men. I prefer it grown to some extent, up to medium length. Bold is turn-off.
3- I love wavy, soft hair. Jim Morrison type.

·
Banned
17,616 Posts
I just let mine grow. The split ends keep it a manageable length.

RE: GF's hair.... It's not her hair I'm after.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,124 Posts

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3
1. I care but I don't think in a deal-breaker kinda way. I'm not particularly attracted to bald men just by looks, but if my man became bald I don't think I'd lose attraction just by that... it just happens.

2. I'm not fussy about length but I do like long haired men (rock-metal type- shoulder length+), I think it adds points, ofc provided it suits them and they take care of it... it's quite common in my country. I just got an undercut for myself so that's fine too :p

3. I generally prefer straight - wavy. I kinda prefer darker hair but slightly - not really a priority.

Why? Idk, maybe it's because it suits my lifestyle usually, so a person with that type of hair has more chances to be for me. LIke, I don't think I like overly groomed men, with wax and whatnot, wearing suits :p

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
That's interesting. For me it works the other way around:

I see someone else with thick curly black hair and my mind starts calculating "chance of incest: How likely we are to be too closely related for comfort?". The hair colors that aren't as common in my family - blondes and redheads - are a lot more attractive to me. Even within brunettes I prefer it to be a different sort, like brunettes of a smoother rather then curly hair texture.
Yeah, I can see how that makes sense. I don't really know why my "that's sexy" trigger works in the way it does, but it tends to go off for men closer to my color palette. A lot of my celebrity crushes growing up were men with darker features (i.e.: black hair, brown eyes).

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I'm not a woman and I have always been very vain about my hair. It's thick and beautiful and I really take care of it.

I'll be super disappointed when I lose most of it. So far so good though. I have enough that I still get a lot of compliments and that's nice.

As for what I find attractive in a mate? Hair isn't part of the equation. I'm into eyes first, followed by lips which is about the same importance (or maybe a little less) as personality.

Not much else matters.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
is this a thread asking about my hair or how i feel about other women's hair

because idc about other women's hair

i don't care too much about men's hair either, but i am weak to the flipped bangs and stuff you see on youtuber men. (those styles usually signify grade A douche though, in my experience) i also like long hair on men, like at the chin and if it's curly.

for my hair, i like my hair long. long hair looks way better on me. i usually style it straight because its easier that way, but i want to find a way to get nice curls on it. i care about my hair somewhat, i try to get good products for it to keep it strong since it breaks easy. but some days i just let it dry whatever way it wants to dry, or i throw it up in a pony tail that always looks horrible lol.

actually, funny thing about men's hair: all the guys ive dated went through a phase of having long hair past their shoulders at some point in their life.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
#1. Not terribly much, its not a "make it or break it" kinda deal. I do have a weakness for red & black hair, though.

#2 Shoulder length or shorter is preferred, not demanded. What ever is the best accent to the character of the lady.

#3 No preferences.

·
Administrator
INTP
11,819 Posts
I don't care about hair much at all. I've never had a preference for others

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I have aesthetic preferences, but it's not a major determinant in how I feel about a person.

My preference seems to be medium length and shaggy, regardless of gender. Enough to run one's hands through but not so much it gets in the way. And I just think shaggy is casual-cute.

Wavy and thick. I just find that pleasing to my eyes and touch.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts