Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it pretty bothersome how women try to look attractive. They want to be like pretty dolls and feel special. Even when a man gets over the media brainwashing of obsession about aesthetics and learns that he just likes to have sex with a woman, women still insist on wasting time and effort on "looking good".
Women often gain weight after getting married. This practice is more common in America than Europe from what I've heard. I don't know about their shaving habits, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also shaved less than young, promiscuous women.
That's how it should be, and if a woman doesn't want to dress plainly in a relationship, I think that it's a sign that she's not ready to settle down, and that she's still open to considering other options. No matter how good someone looks, their partner gets used to it after seeing them on a regular basis.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
14,892 Posts
I find it pretty bothersome how women try to look attractive. They want to be like pretty dolls and feel special. Even when a man gets over the media brainwashing of obsession about aesthetics and learns that he just likes to have sex with a woman, women still insist on wasting time and effort on "looking good".
Women often gain weight after getting married. This practice is more common in America than Europe from what I've heard. I don't know about their shaving habits, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also shaved less than young, promiscuous women.
That's how it should be, and if a woman doesn't want to dress plainly in a relationship, I think that it's a sign that she's not ready to settle down, and that she's still open to considering other options. No matter how good someone looks, their partner gets used to it after seeing them on a regular basis.
What's it to you? Some women like to look good no matter what. I think it's up to them to decide what's what. You don't have to like it.

·
Registered
ISFJ
145 Posts
Since when did this turn into an incel forum? Christ. Go to incel.net, plenty of other fellas to rant about this with.

Your obsession with how people dress is nothing but you projecting your insecurities. You and everyone else here is aware of this. Get some help or visit the incel website and rant to your hearts desire.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
thaas like almst as dumb as ssaying humans can't get over their obsession with the arts...

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adornment extend aspects of superficiality as well as personality, but you've left out the important one entirely for the sake of arguing the virtue of abstaining the other. There's a difference between a business attire and a bunad.
So self-expression, as opposed to just trying to look attractive for themselves or for others, would be the more understandable thing.
Although I find it hard to understand different styles. I've had a goth person tell me he wears goth for the sake of nonconformity, but wouldn't that extend to every style that isn't mainstream?
People have different backgrounds, personalities, and lifestyles, so it makes sense why they would want to go with emo, hippie, goth, punk, metal, or other styles.
People develop identities and can express themselves. Unlike me. I never chose to go in any particular direction. I relate to every type of person but nobody at the same time. I refused to become anything because I could see flaws with each way of thinking. I've thought about that before. Attraction to a certain type of image.
On the other hand, people aren't that special. They have regular jobs, they do what they can to thrive and survive, have fun and enrich their lives. Average people, while they have common attributes, are still not empty, just typical.
I wear what everyone else does, more or less, because being empty is not considered to be a good thing.
It's an interesting topic, I'll give you that.

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
So self-expression, as opposed to just trying to look attractive for themselves or for others, would be the more understandable thing.
Although I find it hard to understand different styles. I've had a goth person tell me he wears goth for the sake of nonconformity, but wouldn't that extend to every style that isn't mainstream?
People have different backgrounds, personalities, and lifestyles, so it makes sense why they would want to go with emo, hippie, goth, punk, metal, or other styles.
People develop identities and can express themselves. Unlike me. I never chose to go in any particular direction. I relate to every type of person but nobody at the same time. I refused to become anything because I could see flaws with each way of thinking. I've thought about that before. Attraction to a certain type of image.
On the other hand, people aren't that special. They have regular jobs, they do what they can to thrive and survive, have fun and enrich their lives. Average people, while they have common attributes, are still not empty, just typical.
I wear what everyone else does, more or less, because being empty is not considered to be a good thing.
It's an interesting topic, I'll give you that.
"To conform" is but a fancier term for "adapting to that which is perceived to be normal." I personally attempt to dress in a way that make me not stand out too much. Any personality is expressed in being heavily tattooed (though normally hidden), hairstyle (short and messy), and a vibrant red t-shirt or hoodie under an otherwise monotone attire such as a dark denim or leather jacket. The expression of my personality is there, it's just low-key, or widely considered normal so that I can blend in to almost any crowd. What may come across as superficial are our reasons for conforming, or not conforming, but I can assure you that they in most cases aren't superficial. They are directly connected to our libidos, our id and sense of selves. If you asked me ten years ago why I dress the way I do, I wouldn't have been able to answer you, but today I can tell you that my look is directly connected to members of my family that I've looked up to, without even knowing that I did.

Tl;dr. It's a device with which to signal kin.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Since when did this turn into an incel forum? Christ. Go to incel.net, plenty of other fellas to rant about this with.

Your obsession with how people dress is nothing but you projecting your insecurities. You and everyone else here is aware of this. Get some help or visit the incel website and rant to your hearts desire.
It's been Incel lite and Storm Front Part 2 (which is a forum for Neo-Nazis) since 2018 at least. I took a break from the forum for a few months because of how "tolerant" they are of neo-nazism now, and came back to realize a whole new batch on here.

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
@tanstaafl28 showed a lack of tact and regard for obligation when they appropriated the continuation of cyber-bullying via passive-aggressive devices such as the 'Like'-button. As I've only seen this occur once, I don't suspect this is a repeated offense. The toxic presumptions made by @KasKas19, however, trolling by @Lady of Light , and blatant racist bigotry of @SilentScream, leaves residue of distasteful behavior across the site that would otherwise not have been tolerated in society let alone on a medium intended for civil discourse. Yet, here we are, derailing another thread by allowing it to be pigeonholed to what a few perceive is the world's problem at large.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Women don't dress up for men, but women dress up for other women.

If you observe how women interact with each other, you would notice that women tend to eye each other up and down and judge each others' looks more harshly, as compared to how a man would judge a woman's looks. I never used to like dressing up, as I've always felt that natural is beauty, until I had a bunch of women at my workplace criticizing me harshly for dressing plainly, and that is when I started dressing up whenever I leave my house.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Women don't dress up for men, but women dress up for other women.

If you observe how women interact with each other, you would notice that women tend to eye each other up and down and judge each others' looks more harshly, as compared to how a man would judge a woman's looks. I never used to like dressing up, as I've always felt that natural is beauty, until I had a bunch of women at my workplace criticizing me harshly for dressing plainly, and that is when I started dressing up whenever I leave my house.
That makes sense. It's like on those fashion shows where they brutally criticize outfits to the point of insult, even though they look pretty good to me.

Where I live, most women don't wear anything too expressive. They do that more in urban areas.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
14,892 Posts
@tanstaafl28 showed a lack of tact and regard for obligation when they appropriated the continuation of cyber-bullying via passive-aggressive devices such as the 'Like'-button. As I've only seen this occur once, I don't suspect this is a repeated offense.
I find the thread bordering on tactless. It makes sweeping generalizations, blatant assumptions, and thinly veiled insults about the motivations of one half of our species by someone who is at least claiming to be a member of the other half.

How does the OP know for a fact that all women dress up and make themselves up for the reasons he states? By what direct personal experience does he determine this assumption? Even if he claims observation, how can he be certain his sample size is adequately represented? Even if we discount the subtly implied insults the OP levels against those women who choose to dress up and wear make up, he cannot conclusively prove his arguments...no, wild accusations, valid.

The means and methods by which women choose to enhance their natural beauty are indeed socialized and encultured, but we should not fault them for choosing to use those means and methods. Is it a natural part of the mating ritual? Sure. Is that all that it is? No. Some women choose to make themselves up and wear certain clothing for their own

The OP is making a thinly veiled allusion that women who make themselves up and wear certain clothing are are shameless nymphomaniac sluts and they should only be taken seriously, not if, but only when, they choose to dress conservatively and use less make up in order to become future wives and mothers. If I (and others) are being tactless in this regard, then I am only responding in kind.

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,597 Posts
I find it pretty bothersome how women try to look attractive.
I appreciate that you're saying this as a personal thing. You don't like it, you say "I" and don't speak as a collective or something, so good on you there.

They want to be like pretty dolls and feel special.
however, here's where it gets a bit odd. You're putting an entire gender into a collective. As far as I'm aware as a woman (and god I hope I'm wrong, because it would be so fucking cool to be part of the borg) we sadly don't actually have a hive mind or collective consciousness. It would be fucking cool. I wish we did, but alas, we don't. SO, your first point was cool, but this one is weird. There are many reasons to wear make up. Some men also wear make up. Not everyone wears make up the same way. Some women don't. Some do. Some do full contouring for every day looks. I don't think that's actually all that common. Many women have a 5 minute or less make up look. Some of these people wear it to remove blemishes, or to add a bit of color in a healthier way (a bit of bronzer is safer than tanning), some people wear it to look a bit more presentable at work (as you are judged for appearance there.) Some wear it just because they enjoy it and find it fun to put on. Now that we've established that lets move on. cool? cool....

Even when a man gets over the media brainwashing of obsession about aesthetics and learns that he just likes to have sex with a woman, women still insist on wasting time and effort on "looking good".
a couple of things here. 1.) read my comment on the above point again. 2.) You're making an entire gender exist for "sex" as if that's all that gender would look good for. 3.) Do you also think men spend hours getting gigantic muscles in the gym to pick up women? If so, why is it mostly (if not usually only) other dudes commenting on their bodies, workout techniques, macros, etc? Do you think half of the stories about "I worked out, look super hot now so in my 50s 20 year old girls want to fuck me" are true? because, I've read a bit of fan fiction and I'll just say there are pretty strong similarities....

Why am I talking about gym bros you ask? because it's a bit weird if you can see one hobby as a hobby outside of sex (and unless they're all fucking their gym bros it is), but not make up as a hobby outside of sex. Both are a type of changing your image aren't they?

Women often gain weight after getting married. This practice is more common in America than Europe from what I've heard.
correction: people often gain weight after getting married. In fact, the study in 'Obesity' said that women, on an average, gained 24 pounds in the first five years of their marriage, whereas men gained 30 pounds in the same period.

So this point is a bit moot. Couples are getting fat together. Want to avoid this? Choose healthy habits together.

I don't know about their shaving habits, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also shaved less than young, promiscuous women.
well, probably at times, due to things like pregnancy and it being difficult to see the lower half of your body.

But let's talk about shaving for a minute. Do I shave my legs? yes, because it's a cultural thing. BUT why is that? Is it actually gross, or unhygienic to have hair where men do? nope.

WOMEN DID NOT COMMONLY SHAVE THIER LEGS UNTIL WW2. It wasn't expected. It wasn't cultural. It started when there was a nylon shortage due to the war. Nylon riots - Wikipedia before that al natural was the norm.

So, as women shaving has only been mainstream since about the 1940-1950s why don't you run an experiment. Start shaving your body for a month. Try to keep it shaved. Then get back to us on how much you enjoyed spending the time on something so stupid. Why would this be relavant to your point of "it's frivolous"? well, men aren't culturally expected to shave in much of the US (or wear matching clothes, and brush their hair for that matter). So you'd be going against typical cultural/ social norms. See if people comment on this. (they probably will depending on where you live). That's what you're suggesting women do. There's a very Dutch saying which is basically "act normal" or "fit in". It can be very difficult to go against social pressures and that's literally what you're suggesting women should just do and that it should be easy. SO, if it's so easy, I challenge you to do the same in reverse. See if it's as easy as you think it should be.

That's how it should be
you'd be annoying a lot of married men who have a preference for their wife to not look all natural if you were able to make this the norm. Not that I think that everything should cater only to men, BUT that would be an issue. There's a lot of women who wouldn't feel attractive this way and that may lead to lower sex drives so less sex with their significant others.

But you do know that some women aren't attracted to men at all, right? just checking.

and if a woman doesn't want to dress plainly in a relationship, I think that it's a sign that she's not ready to settle down, and that she's still open to considering other options.
At least on this you're back to "I think". So you're free to a personal opinion. However, a lot of men would (and do) say "women let themselves go after marriage". You, yourself literally brought up women gaining weight after marriage to tag onto that idea (so which is it? at least be consistent. Unless you were saying it's a good thing that women gain weight after marriage?) If so it didn't seem like it as men often gain more after marriage, but you left that out. Things like "mom hair" is often picked on. "Karen cuts" went from being a specific hair cut to pretty much all forms of short hair on a woman. "Mom jeans" aren't seen as a good thing, etc.

So.... you think women should dress plainly and stop wearing makeup or shaving after marriage or they're looking at other options, despite being told by literally all cultural/social relevant norms they're "letting themselves go" and that's bad? Once again, I really suggest you start shaving your entire body and dressing stylishly. Do things that aren't "Cultural norms" where you live. See how easy it is.

No matter how good someone looks, their partner gets used to it after seeing them on a regular basis.
So? Are people with pets also supposed to think "hmm my cat sure is cute, but I"m used to him and I see him everyday, so he should really stop being cute now?" Does the cat also only do cute things for the person it lives with then? Or are they a fucking cat who have other interests and are just cute?

"Well you see me everyday anyway so I"m going to live off chips, start wearing burlap sacks, and shave my head" surprisingly wouldn't go over with many people. Maybe you should really make that a movement.

·
Infractionated
8,597 Posts
@tanstaafl28 showed a lack of tact and regard for obligation when they appropriated the continuation of cyber-bullying via passive-aggressive devices such as the 'Like'-button. As I've only seen this occur once, I don't suspect this is a repeated offense. The toxic presumptions made by @KasKas19, however, trolling by @Lady of Light , and blatant racist bigotry of @SilentScream, leaves residue of distasteful behavior across the site that would otherwise not have been tolerated in society let alone on a medium intended for civil discourse. Yet, here we are, derailing another thread by allowing it to be pigeonholed to what a few perceive is the world's problem at large.
So, tell me, even if it was not the intention: could it not be viewed as a lack of tact, cyber bulling, or a tad passive aggressive to group an entire massive group of people into one category? could it not be viewed as a lack of tact, cyber bulling, or a tad passive aggressive to group an entire massive group of people into one category and ask why that category is a way you perceive without anything actually backing that up?

I've seen this occur many times on many threads. I've also seen people come in (as you are) and defend the original post, but not those who disagree with it.

Could the op not be viewed in any way of trolling, bigotry, sexism, (an entire gender, btw)? If so, why do you feel a point to talk about distasteful behavior in response to something that could easily be classified as the very things you're arguing against? Is it just that these things don't matter any more when you agree with the opinion of whatever is trolling, bigoted, sexist, racist, etc? Is there a different reason?

Yet, here we are, derailing another thread by allowing it to be pigeonholed to what a few perceive is the world's problem at large.
Based on your post....you're being ironic with this, right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a couple of things here. 1.) read my comment on the above point again. 2.) You're making an entire gender exist for "sex" as if that's all that gender would look good for. 3.) Do you also think men spend hours getting gigantic muscles in the gym to pick up women? If so, why is it mostly (if not usually only) other dudes commenting on their bodies, workout techniques, macros, etc? Do you think half of the stories about "I worked out, look super hot now so in my 50s 20 year old girls want to fuck me" are true? because, I've read a bit of fan fiction and I'll just say there are pretty strong similarities....

Why am I talking about gym bros you ask? because it's a bit weird if you can see one hobby as a hobby outside of sex (and unless they're all fucking their gym bros it is), but not make up as a hobby outside of sex. Both are a type of changing your image aren't they?
Men don't develop gigantic muscles unless they use steroids. I also find it difficult to equate muscle building with makeup, I think it would be easier to compare it to how women try to slim up with cardio.

I was once into bodybuilding myself. It's not entirely about the looks. Having thicker muscles feels better. Squeezing them and feeling something solid provides a sort of pleasure. Women have smaller muscles than men, so this also provides a kind of novelty that a man doesn't get exposed to.

Feeling bigger is another thing. It's not how a man looks, but if he feels bigger then he's more assertive and feels more comfortable in his skin. This is different than looking better, and being taller also provides this feeling despite not having an impact on looks at all.

correction: people often gain weight after getting married. In fact, the study in 'Obesity' said that women, on an average, gained 24 pounds in the first five years of their marriage, whereas men gained 30 pounds in the same period.

So this point is a bit moot. Couples are getting fat together. Want to avoid this? Choose healthy habits together.
According to the cultural belief system you brought up, it only counts when the woman gains weight through marriage.

Why? Physical appearance is of little significance for men. Like you said, it would be odd if I shaved my whole body because it isn't considered normal.

Outside of professions in which aesthetics play a role, a man's weight plays little significance in his level of attractiveness or desirability.

It's common practice for women to date older men because the acquired wisdom is more important than the youth. It's the other way around for men, and they typically value looks and youth over other traits.

When women say what's important in a man, most often they say "confidence". In other words, most women would prefer a fat or older man with confidence than a slim man without it. If you asked a man, you would likely hear much more about looks.

So, as women shaving has only been mainstream since about the 1940-1950s why don't you run an experiment. Start shaving your body for a month. Try to keep it shaved. Then get back to us on how much you enjoyed spending the time on something so stupid.
I tried that at one point. Although I wore shorts, nobody said anything aside from my immediate family, of course. I don't think it's that unusual or noticeable nowadays, with the metrosexual movement.

I get your point though. I tried different styles. Some of my styles were rather odd. Still, I can't recall ever being criticized. I don't think people are as close-minded as you think. I did dress stylishly. I wore all purple with a purple fedora to top it off and got a compliment from an African-American man. Receiving a compliment for an odd outfit from someone of a different race or nationality is a sign of a very open culture.

Compare that to countries in which most people are expected to wear formal attire, and people are xenophobic of outsiders. The difference is night and day. If I wore an odd outfit there, they would all think I'm crazy, let alone compliment me.

At least on this you're back to "I think". So you're free to a personal opinion. However, a lot of men would (and do) say "women let themselves go after marriage". You, yourself literally brought up women gaining weight after marriage to tag onto that idea (so which is it? at least be consistent. Unless you were saying it's a good thing that women gain weight after marriage?) If so it didn't seem like it as men often gain more after marriage, but you left that out. Things like "mom hair" is often picked on. "Karen cuts" went from being a specific hair cut to pretty much all forms of short hair on a woman. "Mom jeans" aren't seen as a good thing, etc.
I didn't make the connection there because not all unmarried women diet and not all women have a tendency to weight gain. If the weight gain is due to hormonal issues, then it's certainly something that should be treated.

What I speaking against wasn't maintaining a lower weight through healthy living, but maintaining it through strange eating habits, restriction of food, and forced exercise.

You brought up that women would have lower libido if they felt unattractive. What also impacts their libido is unnecessary stress. Why worry about looks and make themselves miserable, exhausted wives in the process, if they can "let themselves go" and exhibit the natural charm and libido of a worry-free woman?

·
Infractionated
8,597 Posts
Men don't develop gigantic muscles unless they use steroids.
Then we have vastly different ideas of "gigantic muscles" because people can certainly get to a point of it being excessive in my opinion without steroids. I find athletic, but lean bodies more attractive on men. Runners are always going to look better to me than body builders. preferences are subjective.

I also find it difficult to equate muscle building with makeup, I think it would be easier to compare it to how women try to slim up with cardio.
why? This literally doesn't make sense. A lot of men build muscle to look better for women. Obviously it's not only for that. Make up isn't only to look nice for men either.

It seems telling that you choose cardio as being closer since it's not actually possible to spot reduce and having muscle burns fat. Is it possible you're having some confirmation bias?

I was once into bodybuilding myself. It's not entirely about the looks. Having thicker muscles feels better. Squeezing them and feeling something solid provides a sort of pleasure.
Makeup also isn't just about looks. There is a lot of technique involved. It can be really fun for people to do. That's exactly why I'm equating the two.

I personally don't wear very much make up. If I tried to contour my face I'd look ridiculous because it's really not as simple as watching one video and being good at it. It takes time to develop that skill.

Women have smaller muscles than men, so this also provides a kind of novelty that a man doesn't get exposed to.
Novelty for whom?

Feeling bigger is another thing. It's not how a man looks, but if he feels bigger then he's more assertive and feels more comfortable in his skin. This is different than looking better, and being taller also provides this feeling despite not having an impact on looks at all.
this does seem personal.

According to the cultural belief system you brought up, it only counts when the woman gains weight through marriage.
?I brought it up because both people gain weight. It's a bit ridiculous to want to be a fat fuck, eat Cheetos all day every day, be a lazy bastard and think your wife should stay fit for you. If you think women are all just cool with that, you should probably talk to some women.

I'm married to a dude. If he let himself go completely I'd try to get him to excercize with me (something I do everyday because it's nice for my mind), drink more water, eat healthier, and like go see a therapist if he needed to. I love him and I want to be with him. If he let himself totally go I'd probably not be as into the whole fucking him thing. However, if I still felt that way and also let myself go I'd be as big of a joke as the dudes who become fat asses and want a hot wife.

Why? Physical appearance is of little significance for men. Like you said, it would be odd if I shaved my whole body because it isn't considered normal.
ah so that's why the majority of women are into Donald Trump and men that look like him and there wasn't a ton of even old women super into the twilight guys wanting to fuck them? That's why there's no demand for conventionally attractive celebs and most women are like "GROSS! GET RYAN GOSLING, BRAD PITT, HENRY CAVILL, ZAC EFFRON etc OUT OF THIS FILM AND SHOW ME DANNY DEVITO OR JACK NICLOLSON!" right?

hate to break it to you, but I don't think this is true.

Outside of professions in which aesthetics play a role, a man's weight plays little significance in his level of attractiveness or desirability.
Do you think that maybe that's because men are judged on their performance while women are judged on also how they look?

I don't really think I'd be any more comfortable with a super overweight male doctor than I would a super overweight female doctor though. At least she could have just given birth.

It's common practice for women to date older men because the acquired wisdom is more important than the youth. It's the other way around for men, and they typically value looks and youth over other traits.
is it common?

I'm going to need a source on that, because in 2013, This survey was conducted in the USA by the CPS (a monthly survey of about 60,000 U.S. households conducted by the United States Census Bureau for the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
Age differencePercentage of all married couples
Husband 20+ years older than wife
Husband 15–19 years older than wife
Husband 10–14 years older than wife
Husband 6–9 years older than wife
Husband 4–5 years older than wife
Husband 2–3 years older than wife
Husband and wife within 1 year
Wife 2–3 years older than husband
Wife 4–5 years older than husband
Wife 6–9 years older than husband
Wife 10–14 years older than husband
Wife 15–19 years older than husband
Wife 20+ years older than husband

Australia and the UK show an almost identical pattern:

Ben Wilson and Steve Smallwood. "Age differences at marriage and divorce" (PDF). Office for National Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Archived (PDF) from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 27 December 2014.

I absolutely fit this pattern. My husband and I are within a 3.5 year age gap. I haven't had interest in dating an old guy. I've been approached by older men when I was younger and that always seemed disgusting. For wisdom, I'll read a fucking book, not date someone 10+ years my senior. apparently most women agree.

When women say what's important in a man, most often they say "confidence". In other words, most women would prefer a fat or older man with confidence than a slim man without it. If you asked a man, you would likely hear much more about looks.
"most often say" isn't really something we can prove or disprove, unless you happen to have a link to a widely conducted survey. However, the statistics I linked do indicate that if true, women are able to find confident men close to their age more often than having to get with old dudes to find confidence if that is more important overall.

I get your point though. I tried different styles. Some of my styles were rather odd. Still, I can't recall ever being criticized. I don't think people are as close-minded as you think. I did dress stylishly. I wore all purple with a purple fedora to top it off and got a compliment from an African-American man. Receiving a compliment for an odd outfit from someone of a different race or nationality is a sign of a very open culture.

Compare that to countries in which most people are expected to wear formal attire, and people are xenophobic of outsiders. The difference is night and day. If I wore an odd outfit there, they would all think I'm crazy, let alone compliment me.

I'm originally from the midwest. My now husband is european. When we were dating he got a lot of comments about his clothes while in the Midwest. They're very common clothes in Europe. Hell, I've gotten more comments about my appearance in the US than I ever have in the EU.

What countries are you expected to wear formal attire and people are xenophobic?

I didn't make the connection there because not all unmarried women diet and not all women have a tendency to weight gain. If the weight gain is due to hormonal issues, then it's certainly something that should be treated.
dieting causes weight gain and is pretty unhealthy overall. The US is obsessed with dieting. It's not really that surprising there is such a weight issue there.

What I speaking against wasn't maintaining a lower weight through healthy living, but maintaining it through strange eating habits, restriction of food, and forced exercise.
Which is likely going to cause yo yo dieting and weight gain overall.

You brought up that women would have lower libido if they felt unattractive. What also impacts their libido is unnecessary stress. Why worry about looks and make themselves miserable, exhausted wives in the process, if they can "let themselves go" and exhibit the natural charm and libido of a worry-free woman?
Very few people (men included) can have any natural charm if they let themselves go. It's not good mentally or physically. Looking put together does actually impact mood. The Case For Getting Dressed

It still seems like you don't get that people can care about their appearance without only thinking about that? it's a bit odd.[/quote][/quote]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.