Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a touching passage I found online & I wanted to share it. Do you think entp women are an exception? I know I cry less than many men I know but I think I cry easier than other entp males. Ladies, what do you think??

One day, a young boy asked his mom.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm a woman" she told him.

"I don't understand," he said.

His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will, but that's okay."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mom seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason" was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry finally, he put in a call to God.

When God got back to him, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?''

God answered, "When I made women, I decided she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet her arms gentle nough to give comfort.

I gave her the inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times will come, even from her own children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going and take care of her family and friends, even when everyone else gives up, through sickness and fatigue, without complaining.

I gave her sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances even when her child has hurt her badly. She has the very special power to make a child's boo-boo feel better and to quell a teenager's anxieties and fears.

I gave her strength to care for her husband, despite faults, and I fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife but some times tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

For all of this hard work, I also gave her a tear to shed, It is her's to use whenever needed and is her only weakness.

"When you see her cry, tell her how much u love her and all she does for everyone and even though she may still cry, you will have made her heart feel good.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
To be honest, I'm surprised that an NT posted this, it seems to be one of those soppy, idiotic chain mail things that annoying people like to post all over the Internet.

This is a touching passage
No, it's not.

One day, a young boy asked his mom.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm a woman" she told him.
What? She's crying because of her biological sex? Why not cry because she has brown hair or is 5 foot 4 or likes strawberries?

"I don't understand," he said.

His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will, but that's okay."
Of course he can't understand, because it's a stupid reason to be crying.

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mom seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason" was all his dad could say.
The truth is, all humans cry - all MAMMALS cry!

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry finally, he put in a call to God.

When God got back to him, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?''

God answered, "When I made women, I decided she had to be special.
I assume by "god" they are referring to the Christian god? Also, women are special? This coming from a god who we know absolutely hates women? A god who wants women to be subhuman servants all their lives, only existing for the pleasure of others and to be walking incubators?

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet her arms gentle nough to give comfort.

I gave her the inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times will come, even from her own children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going and take care of her family and friends, even when everyone else gives up, through sickness and fatigue, without complaining.

I gave her sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances even when her child has hurt her badly. She has the very special power to make a child's boo-boo feel better and to quell a teenager's anxieties and fears.

I gave her strength to care for her husband, despite faults, and I fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife but some times tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

For all of this hard work, I also gave her a tear to shed, It is her's to use whenever needed and is her only weakness.
Of course all women are like this! All three and a half billion of them! And what if a man has these qualities, would he be a woman in the eyes of god? This is just sentimental rubbish intended to make women accept their lot as nothing more than a domestic servant and mother, because god wants women to be only that.

"When you see her cry, tell her how much u love her and all she does for everyone and even though she may still cry, you will have made her heart feel good.
Firstly, of course you should comfort someone when they are crying, it's called empathy. Secondly, why should she have to do a lot for everyone? This whole passage seems to think that it's 1810 and all women are still considered second class citizens that are only around to serve others.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To the user above that has only cried twice in a decade (I'm assuming you're at least 20) then I'm really sorry about that. I don't find this passage condescending personally but i guess everyone is different. As for being surprised that an NT posted this, why? Is it too 'soppy' of a passage? I'm surprised you all find it so stupid, I think it may be exaggerated but it sure contains elements of truth. Ok so some women like to equal out everything in their relationship but I believe that by nature males & females have separate and complimentary roles & i think the passage highlights the mature woman's plight to be all that she can be for her family. I'm sorry if that is seen as wrong by some of you but its perfectly natural for me. As for the crying part, I don't generally cry for nothing but I think as a woman I possess a little more sensitivity to tears than my partner. As I already mentioned there are plenty of man who would shed loads of tears before I shed one, but i think when you find your ideal partner who is powerful you will probably find that as a woman you may cry a little easier when times are extremely difficult. Maybe I'm wrong and men just don't like to cry in front of us as often but I highly doubt it. It is in the nature of femininity to be a little more sensitive which is part of adaption as it is the females original role to be the gatherer. Sorry but if you see thus natural statement as sexist, then all I can say is I'm sorry.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
As for being surprised that an NT posted this, why? Is it too 'soppy' of a passage?
It's quite sentimental, quite fluffy and not really the kind of thing a typical NT would agree with. Of course, this doesn't mean that all NTs come to the same conclusion about it.

I'm surprised you all find it so stupid, I think it may be exaggerated but it sure contains elements of truth.
No, it doesn't. It's a black and white statement that suggests that women are overly emotional beings that need to be comforted like children all the time and by that, it is also saying that men are logical, mature and should obviously control women.

Ok so some women like to equal out everything in their relationship but I believe that by nature males & females have separate and complimentary roles
The only separate and complimentary roles that are found in the sexes is reproduction, and even then you can have men who are biologically female (transmen) and women who are biologically male (transwomen). It is only a minority of people who are very stereotypical for their biological sex - most people have a mixture of masculine and feminine qualities, and most people's bodies do not exactly match every feature associated with their sex - you get short men and tall women, women with broad shoulders and men with wide hips, women with visible adams apple and men with no visible adams apple.

& i think the passage highlights the mature woman's plight to be all that she can be for her family.
Plight? So even you admit that society forces women to sacrifice their own desires to look after a family? What if a woman doesn't want a family, or doesn't want to be everything for her family?

I'm sorry if that is seen as wrong by some of you but its perfectly natural for me.
If you yourself have decided that, that's your choice. Just don't assume that all women would find it natural or that all women are the same.

As for the crying part, I don't generally cry for nothing but I think as a woman I possess a little more sensitivity to tears than my partner.
Are you serious? This is nothing more than societal conditioning! It is more acceptable in Western society for women to cry than it is for men to. It's not a biological difference at all, and to claim that simply because you are a woman that you have a little more sensitivity to tears than your partner is irrational.

As I already mentioned there are plenty of man who would shed loads of tears before I shed one, but i think when you find your ideal partner who is powerful you will probably find that as a woman you may cry a little easier when times are extremely difficult.
This is confusing - you say that women cry more, but if a woman has her ideal partner it makes it easier for her to cry during difficult times?

Maybe I'm wrong and men just don't like to cry in front of us as often but I highly doubt it.
Yes, you are wrong. How has anyone lived long enough to get married without noticing gender roles and social conditioning? Men are taught not to do anything that could be seen as "feminine" (ie, crying or showing emotions that society doesn't see as masculine). Although men are far more privileged in Western societies than women, they are given less leeway when it comes to society - men are taught to be a certain way, to stay within a narrow view of what it is to be masculine because masculinity is seen as superior to femininity and society thinks "why would a man want to be seen as feminine?".

It is in the nature of femininity to be a little more sensitive which is part of adaption as it is the females original role to be the gatherer. Sorry but if you see thus natural statement as sexist, then all I can say is I'm sorry.
Yes, but you must have seen men who were more sensitive than many women, and women who were less sensitive than many men? We evolved those roles to survive in the environment our ancestors lived in, but it's obvious that we've changed over the past tends of thousands of years. Is it unnatural for a man to be feminine? Is it unnatural for a woman to be masculine?

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well this thread really seems to have worked 'you up as reflected by you quoting about 100 things vie said in each post lol. I'm actually too tired to do the same and argue every point with you. I can assure you that my beliefs are nit irrational and have been well thought through. Ive travelled overseas & seen oppressed cultures, and well as fully westernized ones and I am neither sexist nor a feminist. I like to think of myself as lying somewhere in the middle. And who said NT's couldn't be sentimental when the moment calls for it? When I say this passage touched me I meant intellectually because I've endured a lot of the pain a natural woman goes through in order to keep her femininity in tact. I can already see yiu quoting that & going on about some aspect of what you consider to be natural. All I can say is you are highly mistaken in believing the only difference between males and females lies in their genital organs. It would probably take me a thesis to explain why, as I can see your ignorance regarding this topic is profound. In sorry if that offends you. Perhaps it will entertain you instead, in that way we are both winners :)

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
Well this thread really seems to have worked 'you up as reflected by you quoting about 100 things vie said in each post lol.
So, you posted this to troll, or are you just making an observation?

I'm actually too tired to do the same and argue every point with you.
You don't have to argue with me, I'm just giving my opinion.

I can assure you that my beliefs are nit irrational and have been well thought through.
You think that all men and all women fit the stereotype of their sex. That is an irrational belief.

Ive travelled overseas & seen oppressed cultures, and well as fully westernized ones and I am neither sexist nor a feminist.
You're not a feminist? I'm not surprised.

I like to think of myself as lying somewhere in the middle. And who said NT's couldn't be sentimental when the moment calls for it?
Noone did, actually.

When I say this passage touched me I meant intellectually because I've endured a lot of the pain a natural woman goes through in order to keep her femininity in tact.
Firstly, what is a natural woman? Secondly, can you give examples of "keeping your femininity intact"?

I can already see yiu quoting that & going on about some aspect of what you consider to be natural.
I would like to see what you consider to be a natural woman first, before I can give you my opinion.

All I can say is you are highly mistaken in believing the only difference between males and females lies in their genital organs.
Of course it's not the only difference, but it's the main difference. Not to mention that people behave like individuals and not sexes, so there is far more difference within a sex than there is between the sexes.

It would probably take me a thesis to explain why, as I can see your ignorance regarding this topic is profound.
Not really, and that's no way to debate.

In sorry if that offends you. Perhaps it will entertain you instead, in that way we are both winners :)
It doesn't offend me. In fact, your posts in this thread have been quite amusing, so perhaps it is indeed entertaining.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No i was just making an observation, and you've hit me with 100 quotes again. I was not being rude about the thesis, just honest. It's really late here & I can see this going on all night so I'm going to have to postpone till tomorrow otherwise i won't be getting up for work in the morning. Considering your feminist views it could take me years to start convincing you & frankly I don't care enough to do so but I'm happy to elaborate on some of the questions you asked above tomorrow. Goodnight from downunder.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
No i was just making an observation, and you've hit me with 100 quotes again. I was not being rude about the thesis, just honest. It's really late here & I can see this going on all night so I'm going to have to postpone till tomorrow otherwise i won't be getting up for work in the morning. Considering your feminist views it could take me years to start convincing you & frankly I don't care enough to do so but I'm happy to elaborate on some of the questions you asked above tomorrow. Goodnight from downunder.
Fair enough. Goodnight.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
As I am not female I cannot speak for that half... But perhaps most ENTPs function more like me? I am extremely bad at feeling what I FEEL inside (well, and outside; can withstand lots of pain). As a male stone-statue I have been completely surprised when I suddenly go from a moisted eye (when watching a movie) to complete breakdown. I just didnt know that I was miserable until it popped out to bite my ass.

Perhaps we ENTPs just arent so sensitive about our own feelings? Just a thought...

Reactions: purplevelvetmask

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Sorry you have been upset hybridgal.

I don't like the passage much either, it's a bit...ooh, hard to describe without ISFJs coming in here and getting all upset with me. I don't want to be thought of as a doormat for my family with tears as the only relief, but each to their own.

I don't cry much. I'm bad at filling up when I give people bad news, especially about children, but never let it go, and actually to cry myself, for something that has hurt or upset me.....maybe once every couple of years or so.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
questionnaire statistics crying reasons

reason percentage

Relationship arguments 20.43%
Watching a film 9.21%
Bereavement 8.41%
Stress 7.08%
Disappointment 6.68%
Feelings of loneliness 5.88%
Family arguments 4.54%
Depression 4.01%
General arguments 3.87%
Frustration 3.34%
Illness of a friend or family member 2.94%
I don't know 2.40%
Period of personal illness 2.14%
Work problems 2.00%
Parental arguments 1.87%
Saying goodbye to family or friends 1.47%
During menstrual cycle 1.34%
Happy events 1.34%
Listening to music 1.07%
Feelings of personal failure 1.07%
Reading a book or magazine 1.07%
Woke up crying from a dream 0.94%
Anger 0.80%
Seeing someone close cry 0.80%
Being an ENTP female 100.00%

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Registered
116 Posts
No i was just making an observation, and you've hit me with 100 quotes again.
That isn't an issue at all. It's a simple way to make sure that he could respond to each thing you said individually.

I was not being rude about the thesis, just honest. It's really late here & I can see this going on all night so I'm going to have to postpone till tomorrow otherwise i won't be getting up for work in the morning. Considering your feminist views it could take me years to start convincing you & frankly I don't care enough to do so but I'm happy to elaborate on some of the questions you asked above tomorrow. Goodnight from downunder.
Have you considered the possibility that maybe you're not an ENTP?

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
She's entp alright.

Note the dismissiveness, it means she thinks he's an idiot and not worth talking to.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
She's entp alright.

Note the dismissiveness, it means she thinks he's an idiot and not worth talking to.
Nah, I don't think so. What she said is more Fi than Ti as it seemed more to be an emotional dismissal rather than a "logical" one, to generalize.

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As I am not female I cannot speak for that half... But perhaps most ENTPs function more like me? I am extremely bad at feeling what I FEEL inside (well, and outside; can withstand lots of pain). As a male stone-statue I have been completely surprised when I suddenly go from a moisted eye (when watching a movie) to complete breakdown. I just didnt know that I was miserable until it popped out to bite my ass.

Perhaps we ENTPs just arent so sensitive about our own feelings? Just a thought...

Yes that sounds a lot like me, I can withstand a lot of pain too. You know those emotional breakdowns may seem directed away from yourself but the truth is that often when people cry about someone else or an other issue, they may be letting out feelings from their own build up of events that have hurt them inside them.

And fancy having those annoying people (other women and MEN [amusing] who don't like my original post it seems) question my entpness. And to think, it was the other types who stereotyped us...

·
Registered
23 Posts
aw man. I don't know my type. I test as ENTP most of the time but none-the less....

That original post is like saying men fart more. It is just that they are stereotypically more shameless. Woman crying is more socially accepted so it is more apparent.... they (we) are more shameless in doing it due to our society. Don't get me wrong, I don't put on the waterworks oft' but when I do it is usually because I am in extreme physical pain.

Everyone cries. I dislike having a vagina a tad bit more after reading the original post.

I am at 10% vagina dislike right now.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.