Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 'would you accept your best friend if he confesses to you he is gay' thread made me think of something I have noticed in my relationships with other women, and the women around me. It seems somewhat normal in my experience, in a lot of contexts, to make 'flirty' kind of comments or behaviour towards other women, without it being contrived to be a blatant attempt at 'coming on' to one of them.

Is this just something in my frame of experience? or can others relate, and this is a female-female relationship 'norm'? why do you think this is?

What do gay women think of this/ how do gay women experience this ? if this is a trend you experience, does it make it complicated for you in relationships?

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
Well then, I better add something which makes this thread at least earn a few of those stars...
Would it be adequate if I told you I have friends who hit each other on the butt when they say goodbye :|
Haha, yes! That is epic.
Wow, I'm such a perv. Carry on.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
She didn't say those friends were female, but ok...

Reactions: Lucretius

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,065 Posts
no. well I used to have a best friend and we used to talk bullshit to each other but not flirting. Ie. She'd say to me that I looked beautiful that day and I would say, well I still aint kissing ya. I'm not that easy you know. We talked about all sorts of things I would never talk about with most.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm debating whether or not I should make a thread asking women of every sexual orientation how they feel about this picture...but I can't come to a final decision :/

Ok...since I do identify as homosexual, then yeah, I flirt with other females lol
Depending on your definition of 'flirting', I also do the same with males. It's not in a sexual way, it's just in a...'personality appreciation' kinda way...

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok...since I do identify as homosexual, then yeah, I flirt with other females lol
Depending on your definition of 'flirting', I also do the same with males. It's not in a sexual way, it's just in a...'personality appreciation' kinda way...
See, by flirting, I mean making sexual innuendos/gestures... cheeky touching (pinching of ass), exaggerated compliments, cheeky puns/play on words etc.

I'm beginning to think it's a "my friends" thing... 0_0

I'm curious about this, and maybe you can answer Helena, but does it make it confusing for you to pick up when a woman is actually gay? especially if she is a friend?

men actually flirt too lol.... thought we would never admit it of course..... right lads?
I'm curious, in what way? because I think I see it sometimes, but it seems really jokingly. Like, they seem to be teasing each other... And then they'll say something like "no homo" so it's really clear they are just messing around.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
*Crickets Chirping* :unsure:

Ouch. Sorry Higher. :sad:
hahaha shit. i set myself up for that one. It's true! I never flirt with other guys but they certainly flirt with each other and me. I'm not talking just F's either. I mean estps, estjs, entjs, infjs, enfps, the whole lot of us.

Reactions: susurration

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I'm curious, in what way? because I think I see it sometimes, but it seems really jokingly. Like, they seem to be teasing each other... And then they'll say something like "no homo" so it's really clear they are just messing around.
K let's say I have friend Jay (estp) Jack (intp) and john (estj)

(Jay)- Look how sexy Karl is!
(me)- ha ha ....
(Jay)- smacks butt then laughs

k next scenario

(Jack)- karl are you riding with me?
(me)- yep
(jack)- no I mean are you riiiiiding with me

k next scenario

(john)- karl if you were a girl id marry you
(me)- *feels very awkward*

k another one

*I walk into the kitchen away from the party and jack is in there washing dishes*
(jack)- now that I have you here all alone! (walks towards me like a creeper)

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
K let's say I have friend Jay (estp) Jack (intp) and john (estj)

(Jay)- Look how sexy Karl is!
(me)- ha ha ....
(Jay)- smacks butt then laughs

k next scenario

(Jack)- karl are you riding with me?
(me)- yep
(jack)- no I mean are you riiiiiding with me

k next scenario

(john)- karl if you were a girl id marry you
(me)- *feels very awkward*

k another one

*I walk into the kitchen away from the party and jack is in there washing dishes*
(jack)- now that I have you here all alone! (walks towards me like a creeper)
haha, that's really cute.

"walks toward me like a creeper" :crazy:

Thank you, you just gave me lots of laughs.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
See, by flirting, I mean making sexual innuendos/gestures... cheeky touching (pinching of ass), exaggerated compliments, cheeky puns/play on words etc.

I'm beginning to think it's a "my friends" thing... 0_0
I actually see this a fair amount - so it's not just your friends. :wink:

Yeah, this is the extent of it with my guy friends.
Although, I had one friend who went further occasionally...but I actually question his orientation.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.