Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have slept with someone close to a man that you were dating, to make that man jealous or to get revenge. I've met quite a few women whom have done this, and I am just trying to figure out just how common this is.

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Sounds like something a man would be more likely to do, stereotypically speaking. Even so, it's wrong for anyone to do it.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
I've never heard of anyone doing this outside of fiction.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really curious to see how many girls have done this though. I've met quite a few that have done it in real life. I just want to know if that's just irony.

·
Registered
299 Posts
No personal experience (somewhat similar things though), a friend of mine has had that though.

As for my personal view on the 'practice': *Censored*

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Have none of you heard the saying "hell hath no fury like a women scorned", its not make believe.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I have slept with a guy that in the past had been my ex-fiance's best friend but he is also my close friend. It wasn't for revenge though or to make him jealous. I wanted to get rid of my virginity and he was the person I trusted most and also the most convenient. It happened several months after my relationship with my ex ended, the two hadn't talked in a year, and neither of us has any intention of telling my ex that it happened.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Sounds like something a man would be more likely to do, stereotypically speaking. Even so, it's wrong for anyone to do it.
You really have lost the plot.

Reactions: Zic and L'Empereur

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I'm really curious to see how many girls have done this though. I've met quite a few that have done it in real life. I just want to know if that's just irony.
Most here won't admit it.
I'll be generous and say %75 of women have done it at some point in their life.
What they are more likely to do is engineer a conflict between the two men.

Reactions: The Great One

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah, but if someone is trying to formulate a plot that will result in tinkering with the feelings of another with bad intentions, why would they make themselves a pawn? Again, I don't think 75% of women are that stupid.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
My friend's roommate did this with her ex's best friend a few months after they broke up. It would seem like she had bad intentions but in reality she had a bad sense of social awareness. She's the type of girl who gives her numbers to strange looking men she meets on the street.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
How many of you have slept with someone close to a man that you were dating, to make that man jealous or to get revenge. I've met quite a few women whom have done this, and I am just trying to figure out just how common this is.
No, never... I am much classier than that. :wink:

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Have none of you heard the saying "hell hath no fury like a women scorned", its not make believe.
I think that's a very idiotic, misogynistic saying, as if women have this over-emotional, hysterical reaction to being treated badly (whilst of course men would just calmly move on). Besides, revenge is childish and hypocritical.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Personally I think it's a pretty stupid tactic. I know people who do that, sleeeping, or going out with other men to make someone jealous. To me it's stupid and a waste of time.
And, I guess it's common. I don't know any friend that does that exactly, but I have friends that like someone and play games with others, so they can see them and get jealous. It's stupid.

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I think its stupid, too. It is a very immature way to go about doing things, and something I would never dream of doing.

And there is no way 75% of women would ever do this. That was a very chauvinistic thing to say, ENTrePenuer. Again I am shown a reason not to like you.... :dry:

OWL

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've never done that before and I don't know anyone IRL who did.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I think its stupid, too. It is a very immature way to go about doing things, and something I would never dream of doing.

And there is no way 75% of women would ever do this. That was a very chauvinistic thing to say, ENTrePenuer. Again I am shown a reason not to like you.... :dry:

OWL
Would it be unnerving to know that it's that high or higher?
Would it make you sad about the state of the world?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.