Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Women respond more to "charming" guys who tell them what they want to hear rather than sincere, loyal men who show their devotion through actions.

What do you think?

Lately I found that the tastes of women, and especially their actions, are a little bit crazy and I wonder why,genetically manipulated food?
the power of psychopathy? or advanced seduction systems?

I find it strange for a woman to appreciate a man by the amount of resources and ... so. sadly and simply
They forgot the truly responsible, brave and loyal man.

Why?

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Is that true?

I don't know, I like people who tell me nice things. I'd bet a lot of people are similar.

About "the tastes of women," I don't know, I just think a lot of them are just as susceptible to being confused by cultural ideals, maybe some raging inner turmoil, or anything else as men.

I don't think there's an answer.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I haven’t seen this amongst myself or women I am friends with so I’m not really sure what you’re referring to. A blanket statement like “women respond more to ‘charming’ guys” is simply in error. Additionally, charming is a matter of opinion

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I can't say I agree with your hypothesis. If you are seeing this in your own personal life, perhaps it is an overly small sample size, or maybe you are drawn to women who don't value what you have to offer and need to cast a wider (or just different) net. There are plenty of women out there madly in love with men who barely speak at all. :laughing:

·
Registered
11,420 Posts
Women respond more to "charming" guys who tell them what they want to hear rather than sincere, loyal men who show their devotion through actions.

What do you think?

Lately I found that the tastes of women, and especially their actions, are a little bit crazy and I wonder why,genetically manipulated food?

I find it strange for a woman to appreciate a man by the amount of resources and ... so. sadly and simply

Why?
what i think is that entitled 'nice guy' complaints about this kind of thing have been going on since who even knows when. certainly since the mid-nineties when i had to listen to them. it's such a thing that all you have to do is google that phrase 'entitled nice guy' and you'd find plenty of content to give you to think.

i don't understand why someone wearing a female avatar is posting this round of them though. like, i don't get it. you don't seem to be a lesbian posting with a lesbian twist on the basic idea, so that seems to be out. are you an actual woman and just parroting something some guy has told you? or a guy in a woman's avatar complaining directly on your own behalf?

serious question, because i don't understand why it's even a topic, i guess.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts

What do you think?

Why?
Women want to get to know a man first. That's done through socializing first. Actions and responsibility come later, you know, once there is an actual relationship.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
There’s actually a scene about this in a Jane Austen book. I wonder if I can get a clip from the movie.
and of course this isn’t true. Lol.
Why do guys just like girls with big boobs when the smart girls are standing there ready to be devoted to them? I mean that’s the same kind of question....why are people led on? You know? No it’s silly. The reason is that SOME people lack discernment and don’t make smart choices...most PEOPLE wise up into their 20s due to heart-break. Whenever you get your heart broken, think: I’m getting smarter here! Sure does hurt. Lol.
Oh dang there’s no clip of it... it’s in “Persuasion”. Ahh well. Point was...this is an old complaint and women have old complaints as well.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Why do guys just like girls with big boobs when the smart girls are standing there ready to be devoted to them? I mean that’s the same kind of question....why are people led on? You know? No it’s silly.
That's about the funniest (I don't mean "haha," just it's pretty clever) spin on this kind of topic I've read.

Very nice.

Green Girl said:
There are approximately 3.8 billion women in the world. That's a pretty large group. When coming up with your assessment on our tastes, how big was your sample size?
Speaking of funny, I can't stop imagining Orson Welles deciding the sample size, and doing some sampling himself.

NEVER MIND, back to the discussion.

·
Registered
473 Posts

What do you think?

Why?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'charming' and 'telling them what to think'. However, I am very aware that there are certain norms and expectations that one is often supposed to conform to when interacting with others. Personally, I ignore those norms and expectations. I simply cannot bring myself to care about them, no matter what I do (such is the life of ignoring Si).

Instead of abiding by the rules of convention, I tend to move on to abstract ideas immediately. Generally speaking, people don't appreciate that. Even if they don't dislike abstract ideas, they often seem to find the sudden shift to ideas intimidating. Furthermore, I tend to pursue logical consistency quite relentlessly when I have such conversations. I think that this is probably quite overwhelming and unusual to people.

For the most part, the above also applies when I talk theoretically to people about themselves. So long as the relevant norms and expectations are in force, people won't open up. However, if someone is feeling bad, they're far more receptive to having theoretical conversations (about themselves) than is normally the case. Thus, I usually develop relations with other people by talking abstractly to them about themselves during circumstances when they have little choice but to ignore the norms and expectations .

Unexpectedly, I tend to feel disadvantaged and isolated from people due to norms and expectations. It might be that you're looking to express a similar feeling. I always long to meet people whom are open to have the kinds of conversations that I am interested in having, without the therapist detour. I don't mind talking to people about themselves, but I would prefer to do it on equal terms, where I can feel sure that they're not discussing my other ideas with me for no other reason than that I helped them out with their personal problems (to the point where they trust me blindly and dogmatically).

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

What do you think?

Why?
Hmm i like both? Words and actions. At the initial stages of the relationship when you don't know each other well, of course don't be arrogant ass against each other. It's hard to explain but you can just tell or feel each other.

I like hearing words because i want to be affirmed.

But i get moved by actions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Humans are...well...human. Women (and men) like to hear nice platitudes than the hard (and sometimes harsh) truth sometimes.

·
Banned
2,904 Posts

What do you think?

Why?
Same thing with men. They are children in need of education. They were never taught how to be good men and good women but simply acceptable people.

idk about genetically modified food having anything to do with women.
Psychopathy? More like social conditioning unfortunately.
There's nothing seductive about an idiotic woman.

A good and smart woman appreciates both and a good and smart man realizes he'll be valued by both.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
hmm. Interesting. I don't mean to downsize your analysis, but I haven't noticed this trend - at least not among healthy women.

Sometimes women who have been victimized in some way tend to fall for less healthy men, or look out for men with the resources they need to feel secure. But this is hardly most of them and definitely not even half of them.

·
Banned
2,904 Posts
hmm. Interesting. I don't mean to downsize your analysis, but I haven't noticed this trend - at least not among healthy women.

Sometimes women who have been victimized in some way tend to fall for less healthy men, or look out for men with the resources they need to feel secure. But this is hardly most of them and definitely not even half of them.
I'd say most women do the bolded whether they're healthy or not. What woman would marry a man she didn't feel would provide her with some sort of financial security? Women want to be the housewife or have an equal relationship. I don't hear of many women stating that they're looking for a house husband.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'd say most women do the bolded whether they're healthy or not. What woman would marry a man she didn't feel would provide her with some sort of financial security? Women want to be the housewife or have an equal relationship. I don't hear of many women stating that they're looking for a house husband.

I guess for me it’s that I’m 33 and have my own resources that I feel secure about?? So I don’t really understand the “look for a mate with resources” thing.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I guess for me it’s that I’m 33 and have my own resources that I feel secure about?? So I don’t really understand the “look for a mate with resources” thing.
Yeah, well you never been a dinner-pail pimp.

I haven't either, yet, but it's pretty low, both ways.

Not the good way.

·
Banned
2,904 Posts
True, I'd suspect you have different priorities in a mate. For example, I'd suspect you'd much rather have a man who's handsome, emotionally supportive, loyal, thoughtful, agreeable, pleasant, etc.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
True, I'd suspect you have different priorities in a mate. For example, I'd suspect you'd much rather have a man who's handsome, emotionally supportive, loyal, thoughtful, agreeable, pleasant, etc.
Sure, everyone has certain things they look for in a mate. Those things vary. I can agree with that :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts