Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of these days I'll quit beating this dead horse...but not yet!

I tried Holly's tip for finding one's type and got:

ESFJ

Extraverted 78%
Sensing 50%
Feeling 12%
Judging 22%

That makes INTP when reversed.

I've thought lately that I was ISFP...While I identify with a lot of the traits of ISFP...mostly the I, P, about half the S, and a little of the feeling.

I am not ruled by emotions. I do feel quite a bit, but in the end I will make the "right decision" no matter how I feel. It often takes me a long time to articulate what I'm feeling into words.

I love books...especially old ones for the smell and feel. (I had 3 or 4 bookcases worth before I cleared a bunch out last summer.) For subject matter I choose nearly always nonfiction such as theology, cultural information (Inside the Japanese Mind was a recent purchase), and history. If I get fiction, it is more than likely to be something older & classic such as the Bronte sisters (honestly I hate the characters but enjoy the stories). When I'll buy The Economist and Foreign Policy in magazines.

Music...love music as well. I can't stand whiny lyrics or whiny sounding voices or anything about how someone is my hero. *gags* I don't mind love songs but they need to be more...realistic. I also love to listen through a song for each instrument's part.

Film...anything scifi. <3 Stargate & Farscape.

I like a good debate and discussion as long as people keep control of their emotions and don't go into name calling.

I am horrible at essay writing but can write poetry pretty well. I despise trying to write about something that I know nothing about or have no point of reference for.

I'm a Christian and love to study theology. I've studied the different branches of Christianity and am still trying to get totally pinned down on it.

I love taking photos to show off the pretty things I see (aka flowers).

I find it hard to be sentimental and often don't know how to respond to requests that I show more emotion or talk more.

My living area is slightly messy. I NEED a calender and clock as I don't know what day or time it is usually.

Is there anything else? Is it anything like ISFP or INTP? Or something else? (I also tested a lot as INTJ last year but I was told I was too compassionate for it. LOL)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Istj

One of these days I'll quit beating this dead horse...but not yet!

I tried Holly's tip for finding one's type and got:

ESFJ

Extraverted 78%
Sensing 50%
Feeling 12%
Judging 22%

That makes INTP when reversed.

I've thought lately that I was ISFP...While I identify with a lot of the traits of ISFP...mostly the I, P, about half the S, and a little of the feeling.

I am not ruled by emotions. I do feel quite a bit, but in the end I will make the "right decision" no matter how I feel. It often takes me a long time to articulate what I'm feeling into words.

I love books...especially old ones for the smell and feel. (I had 3 or 4 bookcases worth before I cleared a bunch out last summer.) For subject matter I choose nearly always nonfiction such as theology, cultural information (Inside the Japanese Mind was a recent purchase), and history. If I get fiction, it is more than likely to be something older & classic such as the Bronte sisters (honestly I hate the characters but enjoy the stories). When I'll buy The Economist and Foreign Policy in magazines.

Music...love music as well. I can't stand whiny lyrics or whiny sounding voices or anything about how someone is my hero. *gags* I don't mind love songs but they need to be more...realistic. I also love to listen through a song for each instrument's part.

Film...anything scifi. <3 Stargate & Farscape.

I like a good debate and discussion as long as people keep control of their emotions and don't go into name calling.

I am horrible at essay writing but can write poetry pretty well. I despise trying to write about something that I know nothing about or have no point of reference for.

I'm a Christian and love to study theology. I've studied the different branches of Christianity and am still trying to get totally pinned down on it.

I love taking photos to show off the pretty things I see (aka flowers).

I find it hard to be sentimental and often don't know how to respond to requests that I show more emotion or talk more.

My living area is slightly messy. I NEED a calender and clock as I don't know what day or time it is usually.

Is there anything else? Is it anything like ISFP or INTP? Or something else? (I also tested a lot as INTJ last year but I was told I was too compassionate for it. LOL)
I would say you're an ISTJ. ISTJs are commonly known for their sense of duty and respect for tradition; they're also interested in peace and have a good sense of right and wrong (so you aren't "too compassionate", at least not with the info. you provided). INTJs love debate and admire loyalty, respect, and integrity. They're generally serious with offbeat humor. They feel things should be excecuted acording to plan (by the book), have weak intuition, and are very dependable. They like working alone and rarely utilize abstract thinking. They may also have some difficulty understanding feelings. They're not modest, they go into a "catastrophe mode" when stressed (like a failure breakdown), and believe in duty before pleasure. Does that sound right? I mean, you gave loads of info, but not enough of the right type. Do you always seclude yourself to you schedual or are you freelancing? Do you enjoy partying rather than staying home working on homework? We all need some more to work with, but I believe you're an ISTJ.

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My ISTJ best friend got a hold of me this morning and said, "Okay, we're figuring this out today!" She says INTP, and I agree...I'm definitely not INTJ (spent some time on their forum, it's not me), and I'm nothing like my ISTJ friend.

Case solved, I suppose. XD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts