Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does your type bring to the table?

What piece of information do you feel others are missing in personalitycafe/ your surrounding/ the world?

Tell us your words of wisdom.

Be as honest and straightforward as you wish.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I don't know what good it will do or be to you, nor any comments that may be made.. But the words in this video reflect not only atheism, but what I see can be taken from the characteristics of an INTJ structure, as it details within itself.

Take it or leave it.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I'm not sure if i disagree or not. Thanks for posting.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
One who possesses (sp? i know theres too many s's just not sure which ones to take out atm, lol) no wisdom, excells in unwanted logic.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
How about quotes to show what INTJs can bring to the table?:

Friedrich Nietzsche said:
Arrogance on the part of the meritorious is even more offensive to us than the arrogance of those without merit: for merit itself is offensive.
Hannibal Lector said:
"Io fei gibetto de le mei case." I made my own home be my gallows.
Augustus Ceaser said:
Hasten, slowly
Gandalf said:
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Hannibal Barca said:
I will either find a way, or make one.
Issac Asimov said:
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
Franz Kafka said:
I can prove at any time that my education tried to make another person out of me than the one I became. It is for the harm, therefore, that my educators could have done me in accordance with their intentions that I reproach them; I demand from their hands the person I now am, and since they cannot give him to me, I make of my reproach and laughter a drumbeat sounding in the world beyond.
Theodore Kaczynski said:
Never lose hope, be persistent and stubborn and never give up. There are many instances in history where apparent losers suddenly turn out to be winners unexpectedly, so you should never conclude all hope is lost.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
This comic is borrowed from Nightriser's album. I think I sums up the distress of the INTJs sense of superiority and inadequacy.

Reactions: kelar

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot Admiral Ackbar:
i cant help but laugh everytime i see your sig, and i always have to wait and read atleast a few its frames......need more

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Mark Twain
US humorist, novelist, short story author, & wit (1835 - 1910). ENFP.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What does your type bring to the table?

What piece of information do you feel others are missing in personalitycafe/ your surrounding/ the world?

Tell us your words of wisdom.

Be as honest and straightforward as you wish.
As for INFP's; we get easily ignored -- which is often a mistake; because we've got a lot to say even if it doesn't always make sense :laughing:

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
As for INFP's; we get easily ignored -- which is often a mistake; because we've got a lot to say even if it doesn't always make sense :laughing:
Well now in my experience INFPs get ignored in the real world cause they rather prefer it. Online, INFPs flourish cause they can act out and role play. INFPs by their nature don't like talking about themselves much and think before speaking. I guess oportunities end up passing them by as they reflect :wink:

Reactions: LadyJava

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Wisdom takes up too much time and energy, just the facts mam.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Emotions and uncertainty are not always a bad thing. It is the full range of emotions that gives you life. Yes, you may feel depressed, ignored, confused, and anxious. But, to feel the joy and wonder and fantastic feeling of warmth....is something undescribable. I think infp's have a hard time explaining themselves because our world barely fits into words. To describe the feelings I have when looking at nature, playing music, making love, or connecting with someone....it's quite difficult. Give me an instrument, and I may come close. Give me words, and you will not understand.

I think thinkers would benefit from emotion. I don't think it should be something to fear. If anything...I think it will help you understand truth better. If you exclude emotion from your theories....then you are excluding a whole other side of information which you simply disreguard.

I do not know this for certain. But I think you should challenge yourself by really trying to understand what it's like to be an NF.

It may look rediculous and inefficient from the outside, but we don't do the things we do for no reason. If that reason makes no sense, or baffles you....I think you should try and find out why.

Just a thought. My certainty is low....as it always is :p.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
My father was NF, and whenever there was issues in the time I spent with him, his intuitive knowledge of what was bothering him was picked up by mine.. When I was bothered he could read me too.. He also had trouble with words, but he was inherently aware.. Be it the experiencing of my life through any factor, he knows me better than I do.. Conversely, in all the times he struggled to find a way of clarifying what he felt, the lack of words, the lack of expression, my intuition always knew what he needed to say, or do, or have.. In a way, I knew my father better than he knew himself..

Sometimes people dont know that there does not need to be a reason for something, ironically it takes a rational person to acknowledge that although you feel it, does not mean it has a reason.. And likewise, although the meaning that we ascribe to things can be irrational, that doesn't mean that we cannot be aware of what it means..

I hope that makes sense.. I get rather incoherent at times when I align myself to my father's mentality and he is not there.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My father was NF, and whenever there was issues in the time I spent with him, his intuitive knowledge of what was bothering him was picked up by mine.. When I was bothered he could read me too.. He also had trouble with words, but he was inherently aware.. Be it the experiencing of my life through any factor, he knows me better than I do.. Conversely, in all the times he struggled to find a way of clarifying what he felt, the lack of words, the lack of expression, my intuition always knew what he needed to say, or do, or have.. In a way, I knew my father better than he knew himself..

Sometimes people dont know that there does not need to be a reason for something, ironically it takes a rational person to acknowledge that although you feel it, does not mean it has a reason.. And likewise, although the meaning that we ascribe to things can be irrational, that doesn't mean that we cannot be aware of what it means..

I hope that makes sense.. I get rather incoherent at times when I align myself to my father's mentality and he is not there.
That makes perfect sense. I like this a lot...

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
You Ns might start getting annoyed with me and my very short to the point answers. First, ST's have a lot of emotion, in fact I sometime make bad decisions based on emotions ;)

Second, I understood my INFP girlfriend pretty well, so don't sell yourself short buddy. INTP, now there are some people I have a hard time with (Understanding I meant)!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts