Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a kid and couldn't remember the word, 'yesterday', I invented, ''Lasterday''. My dad always used to tell this to people, and say that the word made more sense.

What are words you've made up?

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Cogniscience

The ability to think cognitively and potently. Should be used when feeling elitist.

use:
my cogniscience far surpasses yours.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just two for now. Some of these may have been made while drunk or whatever:

- foursome: Fucking awesome
- Clappy: Think of a happy cheerleader? That's the extent of happiness expressed in this word

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Neolexicologist — someone that creates/studies new words

Most of the time I "make up" words that are normally words, but have a different prefix or suffix (e.g. disremember).

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Flumptuous (Adj.) - Walking in a flumpy fashion, feet woffling up and down, toes smacking down and knees being fleeshious.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Fantasmic - fantastic + orgasmic
Recently my phone is referred to as my Androodle

The only time I really ever feel compelled to make up words is when I'm playing Words With Friends :eek:

Otherwise I'm perfecting all my strange noises.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
I used to have my own personal language as a little girl (ages 3-5):

Bawa meant cereal
Lala meant spaghetti with sauce
and there were many others I can no longer remember. There was also accompanying sign language. The best part is, all my friends started using my lingo, too.

Currently, there is a list of words I made up as an adolescent and adult stuck on my family's refrigerator. Problem is, I can't remember any of them off the top of my head, and I left it in America whereas I am in Cambodia now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Husfriend- Committed, co-habitating boyfriend. Fiance is such a stuffy, formal term. Can also apply to a traditional husband, as your spouse is your best friend :) I have yet to make up a suitable female equivalent term.
Urpy- That nauseous feeling while unable to throw up.
Smoof- Lethargic feeling. Often goes hand in hand with feeling urpy.
Ridicogoddamnulous- More outrageous than outrageous. Context: "Dude, that concert was ridicogoddamnulous! You should have been there!" or "Those health insurance premiums are ridicogoddamnulously expensive. There's no way I can afford that on my salary."

·
Registered
953 Posts
testacular - 100% polar opposite of spectacular, replaces having to say "spectacular" in a sarcastic tone and hoping people recognize the sarcasm.

clitorically - a word to throw in a sentence where you're insinuating that you're referring to the vagina, but don't want to say "vagina", so to avoid confusion on the part of your listener, you throw "clitorically speaking..." at the start of the sentence so they know that the sentence is referring, at some point, to the vagina.

Eg: "Clitorically speaking, you should working on not opening up so quickly to strangers."

·
Registered
78 Posts
fabulocity - a state of fabulousness

Reactions: FuzzyLittleManPeach

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bambitious - It's like ambitious, only BAM! Or maybe you could look at it as a gentle kind of ambitious. Like Bambi. I'm only sayin' that 'cause I didn't know it was 'bambi-tious' until I spelled it.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Idearrhea. But it was invented by others as well as .com is booked already.

Reactions: possiBri

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Explorative - Similar to 'Exploratory', only more people-oriented. It's like a curious, exploring, wonderingness.

Wonderingness - I think this probably goes without saying.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I remember when I was like 7 or 8 I used to call my little brother this completely made up word, "foodoo". He would get SO mad at this word for no reason and rat on me to mom that I was calling him a Foodoo. I thought him being so annoyed by it was funny so I kept going like "FOODOO". "FOODOO".

Then my mom made saying that word a punishable offense. It was my first "F" word.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awkfest - Awkward festival of awkwardness. That awkward moment when you have no idea what to do. Ex.: ''She just starting bawling her eyes out on my feet. It was a total awkfest.''

1 - 20 of 22 Posts