Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does going to work in a farm go about and what is the abundancy of those jobs? I heard that the main type is called a 'farm labourer' in which the farm owner pays you a salary to work on it. Where do farm labourers often live if they get paid little though its better than nothing?

If the city is too expensive, home prices, along with employment scarcity which it keeps getting then I along with everybody else will be forced to go into the country to look for a future. I have normal physical strength and have helped lift what are some heavy piles of goods from what I know recently.

What is the distance of hospitals and shops if you have to live close in order to continue working for a farm? I'm trying to learn where and how to find medicinal herbs in theory so far should the need ever come.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Hard to answer your questions because the answers are going to differ from region to region. I worked on a farm for a summer, mostly work with horses and some menial chores, but it was just a volunteer gig. It was about twenty minutes to the nearest hospital and shops. Sorry I can't answer your other questions.

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts
you are better off not working on a farm
if you live in the U.S the wages are bare m minimum and the hours are long
no benefits, you work from sun rise to sun set
farmers are exempt from O.S.H.A. and fair wage laws
you can barely survive on a farm wage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts