Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP
821 Posts
I have never been accused of being a workaholic. Intense, yes. Obsessive, maybe. But workaholic, no.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I'm in retail and loathe it. Too much detail-oriented stuff. I'm not a workaholic at all, but will work hard for a good boss, which luckily I have right now (a rare thing indeed).

Luckily I'm doing customer service. That sounds like INTP hell but I got put in there because I'm great in interviews and usually give the impression that I actually have good people skills. :tongue:

Believe it or not I'm much more talented, much less frustrated, and much more satisfied doing the customer-related stuff than I am doing merchandising. Talking to people makes the detail-oriented drudgery bearable. And making them happy (or tying to) gives the job a little more significance than it would otherwise.

I still hate retail though... :dry:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I've been called hardworking on numerous occasions. I become obsessed with resolving issues and delivering quality. It doesn't always happen, but when I'm in the zone (and that can last weeks), nothing else matters. I have worked days without sleep. Admittedly, that can be counter productive. The obsession drives me to resolve the problem and get to the end.

So I suppose the background motivation is more like "determined" and "stubborn" which creates a view from others that I am hardworking for the cause of "the man." No, it's for the cause of the problem resolution for the sake of it. The team purpose is there, though it's secondary.

Reactions: thedoctorlies

·
Banned
2,728 Posts
Why? Moved on to better?
Retail probably is not the best INTP environment, but I eventually got use to it.
Retail is probably the worst environment for an intp. However, if the work is indeed mundane enough to allow one to be able to think as well as perform their required duties with little effort, then I can see how an intp would accept that. Otherwise, I dont know how an intp could do anything other than something they purely enjoy, even if others see it as work.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Some think of me as a hard worker but in reality I'm more focused on not failing. When I'm in the zone and need to accomplish something I'm relentless, I'm also very good at given the allusion of being busy when I feel nothing is really pressing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Some think of me as a hard worker but in reality I'm more focused on not failing. When I'm in the zone and need to accomplish something I'm relentless, I'm also very good at given the allusion of being busy when I feel nothing is really pressing.
lol, I didn't notice you have tardis-lady as your avatar until I see your signiture
All these times, I thought your avatar was a random female rocker

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
technically... yes.

but I'd suggest it's because some of the projects I get involved with are less work than just playgrounds for my interests.

I may be working hard in some of those scenarios but it's less about the ethics associative with a hardworker.

And of course there are other jobs where I'm simply working harder to get them over with. Which rather makes it easier for me to be paid for the services I provided or end product rather than a hourly wage... and be chained to a situation -- where even if I finished my work --- they often don't have a proper lounge for me to take a nap. ;p

in the traditional work scene I'm usually too beaten down to be a hardworking and usually too dependent upon the job to be that lazy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts