Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any infps ever work in a production shop? I am currently working in a restaurant, and of course I despise it, as it leaves me totally drained everyday. Due to the economy being a bummer and not really having many options, a family friend is offering me a job working in a machine shop running c and c machines and all of that. The pros would be minimal interaction, but the cons would be intellectual stimulation. Anybody ever do it? I am an extremely mechanically inclined infp, if that matters.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Any infps ever work in a production shop? I am currently working in a restaurant, and of course I despise it, as it leaves me totally drained everyday. Due to the economy being a bummer and not really having many options, a family friend is offering me a job working in a machine shop running c and c machines and all of that. The pros would be minimal interaction, but the cons would be intellectual stimulation. Anybody ever do it? I am an extremely mechanically inclined infp, if that matters.
Machining can be challenging and it is highly needed in the economy right now. Employers can't get enough of them actually. My company is actually looking for them all over the country.

I have worked in a machine shop as a planner, so I know a little bit about the "machining" and C&C. It could get repetitive but it can also be difficult and challenging depending on what you are doing.

Do you enjoy mechanical things?

·
Registered
163 Posts
@A Better Tomorrow
If you like it, why not have a try? Intellectual stimulation is not a bad thing, indeed you might love it when you discover how interesting it is. No matter what, there would always be challenges or things that you may not like. However, if machines are your interest, which is always the biggest motivitation to get things done, go for it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts