Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently it looks like a job (or a task) is not really about getting things done but just to lubricate some social gears or something.
I mean, more than often you have these human interactions when you see things like 'I call you for you to call that other person to call one more to do the thing and call one more in a chain'.. Then it kinda clicked. It is not about efficiency- it is about throwing tasks around for the sake of it.

Ti will have a really hard time doing this because of how ineffective it is.

P.S - if you are financially independent- just say FU

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
I'm financially dependant. FU.

I hate call-chains. That's why I do some minor reasearch to by-pass the ordeal. I have a reputation of "getting shit DONE!" at work.

A 30 second call or a one-sentence mail to the right person does it for me.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
As above, I will have a think about who is the best person to speak to, or possibly the best to point me in the right direction of who to speak to, as to avoid going round the houses.

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
As above, I will have a think about who is the best person to speak to, or possibly the best to point me in the right direction of who to speak to, as to avoid going round the houses.
I've noticed my way of "doing shit" or "communication style" have become people is calling me pre-emptively increasingly regularly. I guess they noticed it's better to get back to the right person immediately over going the official trip. Unheard of in the classic public high-school bureaucracy, lol.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I've noticed my way of "doing shit" or "communication style" have become people is calling me pre-emptively increasingly regularly. I guess they noticed it's better to get back to the right person immediately over going the official trip. Unheard of in the classic public high-school bureaucracy, lol.
I've become a go to person for certain things at work, as most of the time I will know the answer/get a result, or I will know who to contact to get an answer or result. I have found my straight to the point no BS approach is what works, compared to others, who say may write a 500 word email, or end up waffling on the phone making things more complicated than they need to be.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It sounds like wherever you work, people just dont want to do said task, so they send it down the chain. Either that, or there is a certain way different departments work together(usually it relates to structure from higher ups), and Department A cant work with C directly, so they have to go through B. Either way, yeah. I see where youre coming from. It irritates me too.

I think its because we have a very do it yourself, no nonsense nature, and we dont like to waste time(if I need to get a message to C, just go straight to them). That combination can make stuff like that annoying. Unfortunately, thats one thing I've found you just have to suck it up and deal with. Either that or find a new job.

I will say, in some cases, it does make sense. Its just harder to see from the ground level. Even when it makes sense, it still feels like an inconvenience at times, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts