Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, maybe I'm just naive, but do ALL INTJs want to take over the world? Will someone explain the running joke to me? Or is it truly a joke? Is this World Domination Drive a prerequisite to being an INTJ? Is it a cognitive function thing? No comprendo!!!

I asked my new boyfriend why he had a picture of The Brain as one of his facebook profile pictures, and he said, "Oh, it's because he's the funniest character in the show." And that was that.

I joked that he wanted to take over the world, and he brushed the joke off... Needless to say... i'm... Suspicious... >.>....

He happens to be the kindest, most polite, most mild-mannered boy on this planet, but I'm wondering if there's some sort of diabolical beast locked up inside, stowed away via reaction formation. I mean, before I even knew he was an INTJ, I admitted to him that I am obsessed with evil geniuses and have the same personality type as Pinky (yes we met and chatted online before getting to know each other in the real world). If he IS one himself - which I am starting to suspect - then disclosing these statements could only have been a boon for me in the Mastermind's Significant Other Selection,,,

But still...

Pinky needs to know if she's making a sweeping generalization.

·
Registered
766 Posts
At first, I wanted to reply to this post sarcastically, but then it occurred to me, what if you'd take it seriously? So you get the plain and simple answer: It's a joke. World Domination doesn't sound appealing in the least - too much hassle. There are so many better things to use spare energy on, seriously.

Reactions: Eylrid

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Dear Fellow INTJ's, There comes a time when a mere facepalm is not enough. Upon arrival to such times this very day I now therefore suggest a collective effort to drop the very moon on the face of the earth as the ultimate facepalm: A facemoon.

As a low effort alternative, we also may assume a good sturdy posture and launch a volley of sarcasm at the OP.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Okay, maybe I'm just naive, but do ALL INTJs want to take over the world? Will someone explain the running joke to me? Or is it truly a joke? Is this World Domination Drive a prerequisite to being an INTJ? Is it a cognitive function thing? No comprendo!!!
It's both. I would like to rule the world (not necessarily in public view - pulling strings works may be preferable)... and I have vague plans/plots on how to get there, but a realistic presumption that none of those plans can be put into motion until certain preconditions are met, which usually involves a great deal of luck and time. Some of the people of Earth might call me evil afterward, but likely not for the traditional reasons imparted unto villains like 'The Brain'... would have more to do with things like a Spartan style birth policy to create unnatural selection since natural selection of humans has all but died out thanks to political correctness... and how that idea wouldn't agree with many people.

It's also definitely a joke too... we're generally smart and sometimes thought of as evil and we like to play it up and have fun with it....

I joked that he wanted to take over the world, and he brushed the joke off... Needless to say... i'm... Suspicious... >.>....
Ask him how he would do it... how long he takes to think about it tells you if he wants to or not :p.

He happens to be the kindest, most polite, most mild-mannered boy on this planet, but I'm wondering if there's some sort of diabolical beast locked up inside, stowed away via reaction formation.
I don't feel like accurately describing this one in depth... so I'm just going to say this... it's possible for an INTJ to be like that, it's also possible for them to be quite the opposite, and it depends on the cognitive function Fi and varies from situation to situation.

Pinky needs to know if she's making a sweeping generalization.
Just a little... but it's cute and I think your INTJ would think so too :wink:.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was meant to be silly, guys.

Reactions: IncredibleMouse

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
It was meant to be silly, guys.
Tone and facial expressions would've probably proven useful to that understanding... unfortunately such things don't come through over the internet... we INTJs get so many people who are serious when they post such things (yielding the above facepalms of some) that it not only wears the patience of some but it's hard for us to see anything else... I advise making the silly nature more clear next time, perhaps have it drip of sarcasm. Speaking of tone, this is simply meant to be informational, don't read anything else into it for me personally, I'm just observing and relaying the phenomenon that occurs too often on this board.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did kind of wonder though... He's so sweet that I thought he was an INFP online. When we met in person, I was like BAM signature definiteness.
I know the boy's a super genius, I just wondered if because INTJs are meant to be free-thinkers, they'd be more open to both spectrums of good and evil, which might intimidate those with "black and white" morals.
I think some of the stereotypes you guys get are really mean, too. Like all the INTJs I know are capable of love and emotion, WTF... Both of which could be even deeper than most of the population is capable of.... I just wondered if the take over the world trend was a genuine trend since he had never even really associated with MBTI and he naturally gravitated towards all the evil geniuses... o_O

·
Registered
823 Posts
It's pretty straightforward. People who aren't overly sharp generally believe in some form of relativity of action, in order to justify doing whatever they "feel" like, where as people who are smart enough to know they generally do things right often want to project that rightdoing onto others. "taking over the world" is a humorous way to express that.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
It's more an expression of INTJs seeing people acting in a way that they feel is "idiotic" and becoming increasingly frustrated by viewing it.

They don't actually want to take over the world, so much as they don't want to see constant fail... the joke being that if they someone dominated the world, such fail would no longer exist.

At least that's how the "world domination" sentiment has appeared to me.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I only know The Brain from this video but it would explain why your INTJ boyfriend uses The Brain on Facebook:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
INTJ's behave! Get back in your corner :laughing:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sure, I'd love to take over the world, but my 'don't give a shit' attitude would make for a pretty messed up planet.

Reactions: PianoWizzy

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ruling the world is too much effort. Playing mindgames with a SO/good friend, on the other hand is time much better spent. Such as the one suggested on some comedy show: "Pick three words, answer ONLY with those 3 words until your SO notices and beats you to a pulp".

INTJ's behave! Get back in your corner :laughing:
No need to kiss up to us, we don't care.

·
MOTM Mar 2012
613 Posts
It's more an expression of INTJs seeing people acting in a way that they feel is "idiotic" and becoming increasingly frustrated by viewing it.

They don't actually want to take over the world, so much as they don't want to see constant fail... the joke being that if they someone dominated the world, such fail would no longer exist.

At least that's how the "world domination" sentiment has appeared to me.
For me, it's very much this sentiment. Its more like "*siggghhh* Here, I'll show you how its done since you can't seem to do anything right"
It's sort of like saving people from themselves and their idiocy (and saving us from their stupidity), but that's why its a joke, because the impulse is both incredibly narcissistic and maybe a little true and yet totally laughable that we could do it better, haha. Because just like Brain, someone always ends up destroying our perfectly laid plans.
This could be why RISK is my favorite.

·
Registered
89 Posts
By 7th grade I had detailed plans to overhaul the educational system to hack everyone's minds to genius by whatever means necessary, and a plot to make drivers better at driving.
The capital required and the political power I would need to make these changes possible makes it impossible. Ruling the world means that you would have to tolerate the idiocy for a long time before you managed to change it for the better. I would go crazy by then.
Unfortunately, it is just a dream. But a REALLY pretty looking dream.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts