Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I read about the differences between what goes on in the minds of introverted perceivers (IXXJs) and introverted judgers (IXXPs).

IXXJs seem to be interested in their worldview whereas IXXPs are interested in what is called a compass, their values and principles.

What does it mean for perceivers (XXXPs in general) to have this compass and what does it mean for XXXJs to have a worldview they want to implement in real life?

To me, I feel like I think mostly about my worldview. It seems like since I was a kid, I've been sifting through ideas and such, updating how I think the world and, especially the infrastructure of civilizations will change and then sticking to that vision. I occasionally liked expressing certain ideas of the way I hoped and anticipated the future through short stories of creative writing, though I'm not a regular for that. It seemed like I didn't care so much for values as a child, but making some of my detailed interests come to life and have my interests be expressed.

·
Banned
932 Posts
I think it has to do with Te and Fe vs. Ti and Fi- J's are guided by the outer structure [Te] or expression of feelings/ other's feelings [Fe] and P's are guided by internal logic [Ti] or personal feelings/values [Fi]... I think.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,506 Posts
I don't care too much about effecting the rest of the world; I'm more interested finding my path and see where destiny leads me... introverts can screw up the P/J scale since dominant perceivers have extroverted judging processes and dominant judgers have extroverted perceiving functions..

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input, Pi. :wink:

I just want to be able to further understand how to divide introverted perceivers and introverted judgers in particular as well as speculate if I deserve the J title :unsure:

To me, I feel uncertain about what it means to have values and principles held inside you. For instance, I care about the environment (A.K.A. Stopping global warming, consuming less, etc.). Is that a value? I believe this will help me and hopefully others will be influenced by the necessity of living sustainable lives on Earth. However, I suppose there's always something for me to have dos and don'ts with. Without the don'ts, it's kind of hard to have a stand on some issues.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
IXXJs seem to be interested in their worldview whereas IXXPs are interested in what is called a compass, their values and principles.

What does it mean for perceivers (XXXPs in general) to have this compass and what does it mean for XXXJs to have a worldview they want to implement in real life?
I would choose compass over worldview, yes. I just want to get through life as easily as possible, to avoid problems, to have some worthwhile experiences, and to take plenty of naps. I don't have a worldview because I don't think what goes on in the world is any of my business. I'm not a corporate entity.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a worldview because I don't think what goes on in the world is any of my business. I'm not a corporate entity.
My reaction to that statement is to think that you are a terrible person!

Of course, I don't actually mean to bash at you or hate you for saying that, but I feel like my life and job should be all about dealing with what goes on the world. I want a role, a unique position in my life. Doing things that have satisfying results to me and to some other people because of it's impact.

·
Registered
210 Posts
From what you said, I'll pick the moral compass.

From when I was a kid, I find myself picking up values that I want to instill in myself, by listening to and observing other people nondiscriminately (like my parents, other students' disgruntles, and even tv shows). Then this becomes the internal moral code I live by, trying my best to uphold them (kind of like the Bushido, I think). Other than that, world may change in any way or format (hopefully positively), and as for me, I'll just adapt. The world is too damn changeable.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I would choose compass over worldview, yes. I just want to get through life as easily as possible, to avoid problems, to have some worthwhile experiences, and to take plenty of naps. I don't have a worldview because I don't think what goes on in the world is any of my business. I'm not a corporate entity.
"worldview" does not explicitly refer to a" view of the world".

Worldview may be defined as an outlook on life, or how we see things. There are two basic worldviews, each with its own underlying assumptions. One system of thought has evolution as its basis, the other, creation. These worldviews are becoming more and more polarized on account of the increased emphasis on teaching evolution in school with the exclusion of any opposing viewpoint. Also contributing is the generally one-sided approach taken by the popular media, which marginalizes other viewpoints.
Though funnily, Rousse, you kind of just outlined one element of your worldview! ;)

as an IxxP I don't think I could separate which is more important for me - a compass or a worldview. I don't know whether I could give more weight to one, really.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
My reaction to that statement is to think that you are a terrible person!

Of course, I don't actually mean to bash at you or hate you for saying that, but I feel like my life and job should be all about dealing with what goes on the world. I want a role, a unique position in my life. Doing things that have satisfying results to me and to some other people because of it's impact.
Hehe, bash away. I don't mind. I understand that many types of people need to feel involved in some kind of progressive, collective movement towards future goals. I'm just not like that, myself. Could be related to type, or it could be that people like me need to be exterminated in order for the human race to become the wondrous thing it's destined to be. Either way... I'll be snoozing... let me know how it all turns out! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts