Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can you remember being your worst age and your favorite age?

Right now since I am only 21, I can say so far in my life my worst age has been ages 19-21 and my favorite age? Hard to say, my whole childhood up until puberty was all good!

What about you guys?

Reactions: Matchbook

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
the worst time for me was being 13-so much bullshit craziness and just trying o hard to be with people and just blahhh!

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Every age was the best, especially childhood. No bad ages. Or maybe I just can't remember the bad stuff, but either way I know I've always been overall happy with everything.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I'm almost 27..... I was mostly happy as a kid, with age 9 being a time I had quite a few friends & a lot of hopes/dreams for the future that were not squashed yet. My teenage years were the worst; I felt isolated & like my youth was being wasted away, and yet HS felt endless. Teenage emotions tend to blow things out of perspective.

By age 20 I was in college & rather happy & hopeful for the future. By age 24, I was out of school, making a decent living at an okay job, and living on my own, but still not fully satisfied (I will never be complacent). The past year and a half I feel like I've backslid about 10 years.... I don't feel as bad as my teens because I'm less isolated, more mature & see things in perspective (as in, this will not last forever). I'm hoping 27 is another turning point - a positive one.

Worst - 1st place: 16-17; 2nd place: 26
Best - 1st place: 9; 2nd place: 20; 3rd place: 24

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hmm...

My best age was -9 months to 0 months. The temperature was always perfect and I didn't think twice about preparing for meal time or rushing to the bathroom...those things always worked themselves out. I liked that. Only complaint was I felt a little claustrophobic during those months, but my therapist and I are working through that now.

Worst age was 20-22 when my foolishness started catching up to me.

25 now, and hoping to soon surpass the joy of the glory days of -9 to 0 months. :)

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I'm almost 27..... I was mostly happy as a kid, with age 9 being a time I had quite a few friends & a lot of hopes/dreams for the future that were not squashed yet. My teenage years were the worst; I felt isolated & like my youth was being wasted away, and yet HS felt endless. Teenage emotions tend to blow things out of perspective.

By age 20 I was in college & rather happy & hopeful for the future. By age 24, I was out of school, making a decent living at an okay job, and living on my own, but still not fully satisfied (I will never be complacent). The past year and a half I feel like I've backslid about 10 years.... I don't feel as bad as my teens because I'm less isolated, more mature & see things in perspective (as in, this will not last forever). I'm hoping 27 is another turning point - a positive one.

Worst - 1st place: 16-17; 2nd place: 26
Best - 1st place: 9; 2nd place: 20; 3rd place: 24

I'm 30 now, and I can relate to your experience. My teenage HS years were traumatic. I don't think I've recovered fully from it. However, I think age does give you perspective. It's like the dog who knows when his time is up and doesn't struggle against it. Time has definitely humbled me and my uber-idealistic dreams. I'm more sober about the world as it exists. Looking back, I don't ever want to go back to my youth, I'm content with the fact that at that moment in time, I was who was I, but am changing into who I will ultimately become.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted
a time to kill, and a time to heal
a time to break down, and a time to build up
a time to weep, and a time to laugh
a time to mourn, and a time to dance
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing
a time to seek, and a time to lose
a time to keep, and a time to cast away
a time to tear, and a time to sew
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak
a time to love, and a time to hate
a time for war, and a time for peace.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
... childhood was generally happy and pleasant. with odd exceptions, of course.

i didnt like highschool, but it wasnt a bad time in my life...

as far as things go, most of my life was just fine, it just kind of, erm... took a turn for the worse once i got out of school :frustrating: the working world is kind of the pits. and everyone is getting older now - especially my parents, frankly, it kind of frightens me. a lot of my ideals or dreams or whatever have gone to the wayside, i've discovered at least one thing that shocked my self-image, and i know that, if my childhood-self saw who i am today, he'd likely be at least a bit disappointed (but he'd be polite enough not to admit it, heh).

i'm kind of tempted to say that 29 may be my worst year. i'm 29 years old. :dry:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Worst: 12
Best: Well, every year is better than the last.

Reactions: HeyGirl

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I'm 30 now and the 20's all kind of blend together. But the teens had some pretty distinct landmarks for me.

Best age - 14 or 19. I say 14 because that's when high school started and I made some of my best friends that I still have today. Also I began dating cool dudes, playing guitar and rocking out at 14. :)

19 because that is when i lost my virginity, moved out of my parents house and began to live how I wanted. I made some mistakes but I also wrote a lot of damn good songs.

WORST age - 13. I was fairly happy but I was just so lost and preoccupied with what the other kids thought of me. I listened to bad music because I didn't think I had a choice and tried to fit in. The only time in my life I ever tried to fit in. and I sucked at it. So glad I realized that!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm sixteen now, so I don't have a lot of life to sort through, but I can answer this question pretty easily.
My childhood was wonderful, and actually the perfect, ideal INFP experience. I lived among a whole world of imaginary creatures with a pegasus as my constant companion. My mother made me countless costumes that I roamed the woods in, and most of my time was spent wandering through creeks and up trees, and making paintings with the dye from crushed flowers. I brought the kids on my street into my imaginary world and in the summers we played pretend from sun up to sun down. That was when insane amounts of imagination made you popular. It was during my childhood, though, that my dad spent fourteen months in Iraq. Now that I think about it, that was the year that I pushed myself further into my own little world. And I guess I never came back out.

My worst years were probably middle school, and my freshman year of high school. That was when I had to transition from an age and situation that suited my dreamer nature perfectly into the horrors of seven hours of public schooling with preteens and teachers who didn't care. The classes were as uninteresting as elementary school classes, but now I actually had to try. And frankly, I wasn't adjusted enough to that "real world" place everyone kept talking about to spend time on work I didn't care about when my imagination was still going haywire and the woods and costumes were still calling to me. Also, it was really bad because that was the age when I had to start leaving the safety net that had been my collection of imaginary friends. I was suddenly alone in the real world, and it sucked.

Then again, life is looking to get considerably more sucky soon. I figure it's time to come out and tell my parents that I'm not them, will never be them, and don't want to be them. It's going to be a long, painful process.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It's too soon for me to think about something like this .-.

Worst age: 17. My father passed away, and everything went into disarray. Doesn't help that I absolutely loathed school for the most part. All I had there was a group of acquaintances. Had it not been for my father's death, I would say that 18 was my worst year because I went into a period of serious depression less than a week after turning 18.

Best age: 19. Major turning point in my life. I tested and was interviewed for a paid internship program on the same day that my father died. I was so happy when I was accepted! I met some really cool people there including the same person I've crushed on all this time. ;___; I had a lot of heart to heart conversations and I also learned a lot about life. The internship only lasted for a few months but it's still the best point in my life, ever.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
my happiest age by far is from age 6-10

middle school and high school was good to me. University was pretty rough but i had also met what i thought was the love of my life so it wasn't so bad. Now i'm 24 and working full time at an office and it feels like my soul's being ripped from my body. I'm hoping what i'm feeling right now is just a phase.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I haven't really had a "worst age". At least not yet. Every age has had their good times and bad times. Can't wait to see what 23 has in store for me. Oh brother. lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm only 17, but worst to up to this point probably was when I was 14...still kinda cleaning up from that point, I'm sorta in a point right now where things can get really bad or really good, but I feel like I'm the happiest I've ever been right now...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
worst age: 22

best age: 14

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I like to always live in the now so I am not that much into comparing good and bad years.
But if I had to say something about it I suppose my early forties up to halfway 2008 where pretty tough when my life felt pretty much devoid of purpose.
But the time after that up until now where some of the best and most exciting times in my life. Not always easy though. Rough patches as well.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts